HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vendetta #101 Grades

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

Vendetta #101 Grades Empty
PostSubject: Vendetta #101 Grades   Vendetta #101 Grades EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 12:08 am

CHRIS PYRO VS. DANTE CROSS
SINGLES MATCH
GRADER: NONE

Dante Cross wins via no-show.

JHALC VS. JARED JERUSALEM
SINGLES MATCH
GRADER: Razor

Jared: Not a bad start at all, however you seemed to overplay the moves sometimes (IE: a basic gut kick sending Jared all the way into the corner, groggy for a while, despite the match just starting). I like that you had Jared play the cowardly heel as he brilliantly used the referee as a distraction and somewhat played possum. I will point out that what I'm reading after, your spots are good in the sense that they aren't basic or overused. They are somewhat a breath of fresh air, not too fancy, but done well (IE: clothesline from behind by JHalc, suplex on the table even though it doesn't break, etc.) I also much enjoyed the random superkick to the back of the knee, as it's something I can picture happening but haven't seen done before. You described the figure four on the post nicely - as I did in fact cringe a little at the thought of it. I actually didn't notice till you pointed it out, but the snap DDT was in fact the first pin of the match - try not to do that in the future. Pins shouldn't be happening for the first time towards the end! Hmm... I don't know how I feel about finisher kickouts. Signature moves, maybe, but finisher kickouts should not be happening in a mid card match in the middle of Vendetta, especially in a veteran vs rookie match, those are best saved for either main events or PPVs. I liked the back-and-forth brawl though, one of the cool points in a match, IMO. Awesome ending, I really did enjoy it. If there is one thing I will point out overall, I will say that you should work a little bit on you description. It was very hit-and-miss. Sometimes you did good, sometimes it was... ehh. For example, the spear wasn't described very well - however the lead up to it was. All in all, it was a great match but it just had some flaws.

JHalc: Right off the bat, excellent intro and awesome spot, much like I'd expect from you (talking about the double foot stomp thing for the spot). Reading further in, not much to say really. Very good description, if I need to point something out. I liked all of the outside action, down to the count break. Once again, to this point I have no complaints. Reading the ending, and the one thing I will complain about is something that can kinda be applied to the entire match - and that is that it seemed a bit rushed. I can understand, but it is something that was only a tad bit noticeable until the end.

Verdict: Although Jared had by far better spots and entertainment, this wasn't a super difficult verdict. You put up an excellent effort, Jared, but JHalc's just had very little wrong with it, so I'm gonna give it to him. You're doing great though, just keep up the good work and listen to some of the advice I gave you.

XTREME ICON VS. JOEY JOBBERTON
SINGLES MATCH

Xtreme Icon wins this jobber match.

CHRIS DOLMETH W/ JAKOB AZAZEL VS. DWIGHT LIGHTS
SINGLES MATCH

This was a storyline draw.

RAZOR XTREME VS. AKIRA KOBAYASHI
SINGLES MATCH
GRADER: Snoopz

Akira Kobayashi: First of all, quick note, it's Smoke Xtreme. I assume this was just a typo on your behalf and you didn't mean to type "Some" Xtreme, but that's still hilarious. >_> Moving on, your description is very well done and I enjoyed the opening moments of your match. The history of Razor and Akira's previous match being brought up was good as well as the attempts at an early win from Razor, knowing Akira beat him before. I did find Akira calling Razor a pussy to be kinda funny, though. Just the mental image of a fit Asian man yelling "Pussy!" across the ring. Didn't like the audience chanting boring. I like to imagine XWA fans not being cunts. Plus, it was pretty early for a boring chant. I do, however, like the descriptions used for the Headlock. You paid good attention to detail by mentioning the grinding on the face and such. The match continues at a good pace. Good character usage and storytelling being shown. The Armbar in the ropes made me cringe, just thinking about it. Simple, but ouch. Speaking of ouch, a bloody nose is always a good time in wrestling. I quite liked the finish. You built up to it throughout the whole match with Akira missing his kick numerous times, before finally having him hit it. Very well done.

Razor Xtreme: Much-like Akira, your descriptions were spot on. I also enjoyed your start, with the typical heel actions from Razor and the badassery from Akira. The Irish Whip series that ended in a Backdrop Driver was simple, yet unique. I liked it. Great reversal to the Suicide Dive and the follow up Dropkick was well done. Much-like the audience in your post, I marked out for the Triangle Quebrada. Beautiful move, especially done in a Suicide style. I'm kinda mixed on the ending. I like the concept, but it definitely felt rushed, which it probably was, given when you posted the match. Still, not a bad ending, just kinda rushed.

Verdict: Great match, you two. Both posts had their faults, but both were very well done. I'd edge the descriptive side of things to Razor, as well as the entertainment factor, but I think Akira did a better job telling a story. I also preferred Akira's finish. That said, I can only pick one person to win and that person has gotta be Razor Xtreme. Very close match. Like, painfully close. I had a hard time picking a winner here. I'd love to see a third match for the decider between you two, which will happen actually, if you two win your respective matches at E-Volition. Great job guys.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

Vendetta #101 Grades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #101 Grades   Vendetta #101 Grades EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 1:34 am

Results are out!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg

Vendetta #101 Grades

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1