HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Watch Dogs Dev Admits Game Is Flawed, Sequel to Take Risks

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

Watch Dogs Dev Admits Game Is Flawed, Sequel to Take Risks Empty
PostSubject: Watch Dogs Dev Admits Game Is Flawed, Sequel to Take Risks   Watch Dogs Dev Admits Game Is Flawed, Sequel to Take Risks EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 9:49 am

Watch Dogs creative director has admitted the action-adventure game was not perfect "in any way", promising a sequel would take more risks.

Speaking to GamesTM, Jonathan Morin admits that there's certainly problems with the original title, before saying the developer won't rest on its laurels when it comes to making a sequel.

"I don't think Watch Dogs is perfect in any way and there's a lot of room for improvement," he explained. "But you don't always see this when you ship a game. We deliver what we believe the brand should be at the time.

I don't think Watch Dogs is perfect in any way.

"But afterward, when you cool down after five and a half years [of development] and take your vacations and people play the game, certain elements become clear. They let you continue to bring what you envision to the next level with the fans included this time, which is where I think it really gets interesting.

"When you start a new project [and new IP], it's a blank page and everything you do is what you want to do. With a sequel, there is more pressure to push a brand forward and we now have to appeal to fans in a new way.

"We have to give [the development team] something hard to do. If we don't, they could fade out, which means you don't benefit from their knowledge or they will leave. Our team is really assimilated with the challenge we have and who knows where it will lead us next."

Though Watch Dogs 2 has yet to be officially announced, there's been a strong suggestion it's on the way. The action title first launched worldwide May 27 for PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. Since its release, where we gave it an8.4 review, Ubisoft shipped more than 8 million copies of the game.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Watch Dogs Dev Admits Game Is Flawed, Sequel to Take Risks   Watch Dogs Dev Admits Game Is Flawed, Sequel to Take Risks EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 10:28 am

At least they know it's shit. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Watch Dogs Dev Admits Game Is Flawed, Sequel to Take Risks   Watch Dogs Dev Admits Game Is Flawed, Sequel to Take Risks EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 10:30 am

Fuck you, it's awesome I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Watch Dogs Dev Admits Game Is Flawed, Sequel to Take Risks   Watch Dogs Dev Admits Game Is Flawed, Sequel to Take Risks EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 1:24 pm

It was moderately fun for 2 hours, and then became the definition of tedium. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Watch Dogs Dev Admits Game Is Flawed, Sequel to Take Risks   Watch Dogs Dev Admits Game Is Flawed, Sequel to Take Risks EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 1:25 pm

Feels like a modern day Assassin's Creed, which IMO gets tedious after a while.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Watch Dogs Dev Admits Game Is Flawed, Sequel to Take Risks   Watch Dogs Dev Admits Game Is Flawed, Sequel to Take Risks EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 1:32 pm

It was literally supposed to be AC meets GTA. Funny
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Watch Dogs Dev Admits Game Is Flawed, Sequel to Take Risks   Watch Dogs Dev Admits Game Is Flawed, Sequel to Take Risks EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 2:09 pm

People over hyped it imo. Because it wasn't GTA level, it sucked, which isn't true.
Back to top Go down
Methylated Spirit
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Methylated Spirit

PostSubject: Re: Watch Dogs Dev Admits Game Is Flawed, Sequel to Take Risks   Watch Dogs Dev Admits Game Is Flawed, Sequel to Take Risks EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 5:21 pm

And it got boring fast.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Watch Dogs Dev Admits Game Is Flawed, Sequel to Take Risks   Watch Dogs Dev Admits Game Is Flawed, Sequel to Take Risks Empty

Back to top Go down

Watch Dogs Dev Admits Game Is Flawed, Sequel to Take Risks

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1