HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone else getting tired of heel promoters/match makers?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

Anyone else getting tired of heel promoters/match makers? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone else getting tired of heel promoters/match makers?   Anyone else getting tired of heel promoters/match makers? EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 8:42 pm

TNA had the thing between MVP and Eric Young and Dixie and MVP right before that.

WWE had The Authority thing happening right now.

It's different but ROH started doing this thing with Elgin that no one is liking at all.

WWE and TNA does this all the time and man it's getting old. Even ROH is now falling into the trap, though they are different in that their the babyfaces. But still they just did this with S.C.U.M.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
FinestJellyBeansRaw
Show Opener
FinestJellyBeansRaw

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else getting tired of heel promoters/match makers?   Anyone else getting tired of heel promoters/match makers? EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 8:53 pm

It's a very common trope that's lasted so long because how easy it makes booking. In pretty much sports entertainment style promotion you'll see it happen often. It's overdone I guess but most of the time it makes it easier for them to set stuff up
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else getting tired of heel promoters/match makers?   Anyone else getting tired of heel promoters/match makers? EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 8:54 pm

Bischoff being in the nWo was over.

Mr. McMahon was over.

Planet Jarrett was over.

Vickie Guerrero was over.

It seems to work, so why not keep it up? I don\'t know
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else getting tired of heel promoters/match makers?   Anyone else getting tired of heel promoters/match makers? EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 9:03 pm

TNA never makes a dime on those story lines. They been doing it WAY TOO MUCH!

ROH shouldn't do this with Elgin. Maybe they could pull it off with a manger.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else getting tired of heel promoters/match makers?   Anyone else getting tired of heel promoters/match makers? EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 10:00 pm

Those heels TJ named, yes were over during their time. However somethings can overstay their welcome. It best to end it before it gets stale. IMO after WM 31 the Authority needs to end. Have Vince replace them with a babyface for awhile. It works best when the babyface authority figure is a former or inactive wrestler. You could have Hogan, Taker, Mick.

IMO if the rumors are true about Daniel Bryan will be out until summerslam of 2015. If that is the case, I say have Daniel Bryan be the on screen authority figure for awhile until he is ready to be a active wrestler.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else getting tired of heel promoters/match makers?   Anyone else getting tired of heel promoters/match makers? EmptyTue Oct 28, 2014 11:14 pm

I don't have a problem with a heel authority figure...a problem I have is with a huge heel stable every 6 months. Like with TNA, it was Aces & Eights, then Team Dixie, then MVP and his thing. Just ugh
Back to top Go down
MorphyVA
Motherfucking SETONIAN!
Motherfucking SETONIAN!
MorphyVA

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else getting tired of heel promoters/match makers?   Anyone else getting tired of heel promoters/match makers? EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 2:42 am

Two words.....

Holla playa!
Back to top Go down
Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else getting tired of heel promoters/match makers?   Anyone else getting tired of heel promoters/match makers? EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 7:24 pm

On the whole, babyface authority figures don't work because there is no tension or sympathy created by keeping the heels down.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else getting tired of heel promoters/match makers?   Anyone else getting tired of heel promoters/match makers? EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 9:45 pm

Yeah That it's just way simpler to have a heel GM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else getting tired of heel promoters/match makers?   Anyone else getting tired of heel promoters/match makers? EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 2:05 am

Saintpat wrote:
On the whole, babyface authority figures don't work because there is no tension or sympathy created by keeping the heels down.
I highly disagree with you on that. Face GMS tend to get staler faster then the heels yes, But they are still needed. You got to mix things up. You can get tension from a GM face being around. Heels who normally get their way because they are ass kissers to the Heel GMS won't get their way when a face doesn't take their shit. Offend resulting in the heel rebelling against the face and try to fuck things up. Number one thing you have to do with a face GM is make them fair. If they are just being dicks to heels then it makes them heelish and gets fans to turn on the face GM.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone else getting tired of heel promoters/match makers?   Anyone else getting tired of heel promoters/match makers? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone else getting tired of heel promoters/match makers?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1