Last Horror Movie Watched

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 20, 2014 3:22 am

28 Days Later (2002)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 28_days_later_1

Terror Level: Medium

Finally got around to watching a zombie movie. I thought this was done very well. Not your typical slow zombies. Some of the non-scary scenes were very surreal. I thought it was very enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 21, 2014 2:02 pm

I'm slacking, so i'ma catch up. Watched a lot of horror the past few days so let's get to what i watched, shall we?

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 220px-See_no_evil

Terror Level: Low

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 MV5BMTk5NTAzNjI4MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjE5NTMzMjE@._V1_SY317_CR4,0,214,317_AL_

These 2 are your usual slasher movies. I like the 2nd one a little bit better, now that Kane has an actual weapon that isnt his hook. Also he calls someone a dirty whore in part 2. 10/10

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 220px-Deliver_Us_from_Evil_%282014_film%29_poster

Terror Level: Extremely Low

Woo! A cop movie! That's what this essentially was. A cop movie with a little religion sprinkled in. If you have to watch this on your own...i'd pass.

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 The_Possession_of_Michael_King_poster

Terror Level: Medium to High

For those who know me, i cant stand possession movies. Of all the genres in horror, ones that deal with possession creep me the fuck out. To make matters worse, this is found footage in the eyes of the dude who is trying to decide whether or not it's possible to be possessed. I jumped a few times and i probably wont watch this at night any time soon.

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 Conjuring_poster

A movie with atmospheric scares are the best. The tension of whats going to happen next is what truly makes this a terrifying movie.

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 220px-Annabelle-poster

This isnt as creepy as i thought it would be. They showed all the good parts in the trailer and the rest of the movie is just filler IMO. The ending is well done though.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 23, 2014 3:10 am

Halloween III: Season of The Witch (1982)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 Halloween-3-pumpkin-595x334

I love this movie and think it's really underrated just because Micheal Myers isn't in it. Some of the deaths are really gruesome. A cringed at the idea from someone putting a drill bit through my head.

This also has the great horror movie soundtrack ever. Plus how can you love Halloween and not love The Silver Shamrock song?
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 26, 2014 4:23 pm

Had a marathon of horror movies last night with friends panic

Nosferatu: A Symphony of Horror (1922)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 Nosferatu0004

I picked the first film. I thought it was a cool idea to start off with an early silent film to kick off the horror movie marathon.

I thought the build up for this film was alright. There were a lot of unneeded scenes. This film had a lot of good moments. Even classic if you asked me. But the ending was just do damn disappointing. Whoever made this film were out of their minds when they came up with the ending.

28 Days Later (2002)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 28_days_later_1

I knew for sure when I got this movie on Blu-ray that someone would pick this film to watch. Well my cousin Kitty picked this. I never really got into it since I just watched it the other day. Near the end Dr. Claude came and wanted us to replay it. I told him fuck no and that he could have made it earlier if he really wanted to.

Silent Hill (2006)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 Picture18-638x250

Dr. Claude's girlfriend picked this. To be honest it was hard to pay attention during the majority of the film since Claude and her just wanted to fuck around with her cellphone and show us pictures. It seems like a good film and maybe something worth re-watching soon since I had so many distractions.

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter (2012)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 1340293772_1340293771_abraham-lincoln_-vampire-hunter---waltz-of-death-film-clip-h

Terror Level: None

It was a good thing I just watched this one because Dr. Claude was being distracting again. We did this last year and he picked the least scary film then as well. He even knew it wasn't scary at all but he still picked it. He had the nerve to ask to stop playing movies and wanted to start playing video games. He even had to nerve to leave without watching the rest of the film he wanted us to see. I'm glad he left anyway. He really would have brought things even more down if he stayed. I don't want him at next year's horror movie marathon.

Eyes Without A Face (1960)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 Eyes

I'm so glad Claude left when he did because this was a French film and English subtitles and it would have been so hard to pay attention to if he stuck around. Even my drunk Dad was distracting but the film scared him so he took off.

This was the one I was looking forward to seeing the most. It probably had the most disturbing scene of the night, where the mad doctor cuts off a girl's face for her daughter.

The Conjuring (2013)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 Conjure4

Kitty picked this one. I thought it was good. I agree with what Dead said about thus film.

The Purge: Anarchy (2014)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 Screen-Shot-2014-03-27-at-9.09.21-PM-620x366

Like Dead said not a traditional horror film but it does get your heart racing. The Purge is a extremely crazy and scary idea.

It (1990)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 It-pennywise-basement

Terror Level: High

Fucking Pennywise The Dancing Clown. We closed the night with It. Two of the guys hated this movie so much Funny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 27, 2014 7:29 pm

Silent Hill

Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 29, 2014 4:13 pm

Diary of a Madman (1963)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 Tumblr_lhrukeHZUZ1qz72v7o1_500

This was the first Vincent Price movie I ever watched. Like Halloween III it's a movie I gotta watch around this time of the year.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 2:13 am

The Exorcist (1973)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 The-Exorcist

I never did watch this as a child but I seen a lot of the scary scenes so there wasn't a whole lot of surprises. I think this would really scare a religious person who believed this stuff was real.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 30, 2014 4:10 am

Paranormal Activity (2007)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 Paranormal-activity-010%5B1%5D_0

I decided to stick with a theme with tonight's films. I thought it would be neat to see another possession movie.

This movie does get freaky at some points. Our two heroes are really stupid at points but hey they're human. You always wonder what's going to happen next. I didn't like they whole Blair Witch Project deal at first but I think the filmmakers did it right. It's no surprise that they made sequels.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 01, 2014 4:16 am

The Thing (1982)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 Thething82_02

Terror Level: Panic panic

I made sure to watch a bunch or horror films for Halloween.

Like I said in my ask thread this is my favorite horror film ever. The monster is terrifying. And it's a lot smarter than what we see in the new Thing movie. I rather like the dark ending as well.

The Evil Dead (1981)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 Evil-dead-01

Just like Meth said this was a lot more comical than the new Evil Dead. This was my first time watching this film and I didn't expect only Ash to make it out alive. And lol I noticed The Hills Have Eyes poster in the basement.

Alien (1979)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 Alien-08

I thought I'd watch another sci-fi movie since I was watching with my Dad who's big on those type of movies. This is a classic film.

Witchfinder General (1968)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 Conquerorworm

I really didn't want to leave Vincent Price out this Halloween. This film actually is based around the historical figure Matthew Hopkins, though it's not too accurate.

The Shining (1980)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 The_shining_02

This is one of the scariest movies ever made. Still several of the scenes just give me chills.

Last edited by MooseNugget on Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 EmptySat May 23, 2015 9:17 pm

Recently got back into watching the horror genre again, this time im in the "haunted house" category lol

The Conjuring: 5/5
Annabelle: 3/5
Poltergeist: 5/5
Poltergeist II: The Other Side: 4/5
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 EmptySun May 31, 2015 1:46 pm

Poltergeist III: 4/5
Poltergeist (2015): 3/5

The remake wasnt THAT bad, and like all the reviews stated, could stand alone as it's own movie...but not as a remake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 4:49 pm

So i've been doing a marathon of sorts that im gonna call the Summer of Slashers. Been marathoning a ton lately and im gonna give quick number reviews for each.

Leprechaun: 5/5
Leprechaun 2: 5/5
Leprechaun 3: 4/5
Leprechaun 4 - In Space: 2/5
Leprechaun in the Hood: 1/5
Leprechaun - Back 2 tha Hood: 1/5
Leprechaun Origins: 1.5/5
Child's Play: 5/5
Child's Play 2: 5/5
Child's Play 3: 3/5
Bride of Chucky: 4/5
Seed of Chucky: 3/5
Curse of Chucky: 5/5
Hayride: 0/5
Hayride 2: -20/5
Candyman: 3/5
Candyman - Farewell to the Flesh: 3/5
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 28, 2015 6:16 pm

Pet Sematary. So sad and strange.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 4:01 am

It's October once again my friends! Happy

The Wicker Man (1973)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 Wicker-man-1973-4

This film was creepy. I would have been panicking if I was the police officer on an island and was surrounded by religious fanatics. I feel bad for Howie. I don't share his religious beliefs at all but at least I think he was doing the moral thing. The climax is super memorable. It's crazy.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 02, 2015 1:08 pm

Black Sabbath (1963)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 Blacksabbath03

This movie is three short stories thrown into one picture. The first one was rather frightening. The second one kinda had a element of suspense. The third was the weakest of the bunch, even with Boris Karloff. The film went downhill after the first story and just got boring.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 03, 2015 3:26 pm

House of Wax (1953)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 House-of-wax

I gotta watch movies with Vincent Price when it's October.

This movie was okay. Not very scary but the wax mask coming off Price was a really great visual.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 5:59 am

Insidious (2010)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 Tumblr_lu3rrhXdeG1qekszro1_500

This movie actually creeped me out. The demon they made for this movie was scary. This movie freaked me out but it's not a perfect film. I felt the build up was great but the ending kinda felt flat. Even with that neat little twist ending they had.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 EmptySun Oct 04, 2015 8:05 pm

Burn, Witch, Burn! (1962)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 Burnwitchburn2

This movie had a great deal of suspense and a few scares in it. It was really good but the ending of the film came out of nowhere. It was really unsatisfying.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 2:57 am

V/H/S (2012)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 Vhs-1

I haven't really watched many "found footage" films. I thought it was a inspired idea to do an anthology of short stories. And this film did spook me. I had problems watching this movie though. They tried to be too realistic with how someone would shoot a home video and the shaky camera work gave me a headache. Some of stories just seem like random acts of violence... or maybe it would be better to say some of it just tired to freak you out with gore. I just couldn't care without there being some kind of plot build up.
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 8:21 am

V/H/S is one of my favorite horrors.

V/H/S/2 is also good.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, DON'T FUCKING WATCH V/H/S/3 IT IS TOTAL FUCKING GARBAGE AND I WANTED A REFUND EVEN THOUGH I TORRENTED IT.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 11:06 am

The Sick Thing That Happened to Emily When She Was Younger had me legitimately frightened. I couldn't stop thinking about it when I was trying to sleep and I had to play a video game to get my mind off it. It was really creepy as fuck. I thought it was going to be another one of those ghost stories but it had a really great twist.

10/31/98 was really fun to watch. Perfect way to end the film. The camera work was shaky at a few points but it didn't make me sick.

Amateur Night was another fun one to watch. It was kinda predictable the girl's transformation look scary as fuck. And I was legit yelling at the screen how the guys went to the bathroom instead of just going outside in the first place.

Tape 56 was kinda lame. I couldn't care for those misfits at all.

I didn't like Tuesday the 17th. It comes off as a lame Blair Witch knockoff.

Second Honeymoon sucked. It had me for a bit but before it became a bore. And the twist they had for that one just seemed stupid.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 05, 2015 1:13 pm

Repulsion (1965)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 Repulsion6

This was really uncomfortable to watch. This movie was about rape and this girl's inability to have a normal relationship with a man. But the men that go after are not good guys to begin with anyway. It's crazy. She goes mad and we see her apartment change, in her mind anyway. This movie was a trip.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 3:07 am

A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 Nightmare_on_elm_street%20walls

Not as scary as I remember as a kid Thirsty Mofos

This is a really good movie. Freddy Krueger is a great movie monster.

It was kinda cool when I was watching the making of The House of Wax Wes Craven said Vincent Price's look in that movie inspired Krueger's look.

Last edited by MooseNugget on Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 5:48 am

Ouija (2014)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 Ouija

I'll start off by saying I think Ouija Board are total bullshit. I won't say I was trying to like this movie but I was giving it a fair chance. It certainly had its spooks. But the story was bad. It could have used better pacing. And this movie was only ran hour and a half. I guess they were more concerned with making jump scares than actually making you really fear what might happen next. And they had something here because so many damn people are scared of Ouija Boards.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 06, 2015 1:37 pm

White Zombie (1932)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 46e2c9202f6c7a90e4_dhm6bnf2e

About the scariest things in the film was the opening song during the credits and the zombies working the mill. They could have done more with Madeline as a zombie. And the climax was out of nowhere and felt flat. I love Bela Lugosi and wanted to like this movie but it's not nearly as good as Dracula was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Horror Movie Watched

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next