Last Horror Movie Watched

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Kitty
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Kitty

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 3:56 pm

Microwave Massacre
This fucking movie. I walked in half way through, but I couldn't take all the one-liners and bad acting. The one-liners made the movie for me, sadly enough. 1/10
Night of the Living Dead
I've always had a soft spot for zombie films, but this one felt a little too slow. I didn't see as much gore as I expected. 4/10
Legion
This movie is just awful. I'm the one who picked it out because when I wanted to rewatch the movie, but I don't remember it being so bad. The fighting scenes were badass, but I didn't like the plot at all. 3/10
Ouija
I couldn't take this movie seriously because my little sister kept asking to play with the Ouija board. The movie built up so much to have such an anticlimactic ending. 3/10
Burnt Offerings
Unlike the other movies, I really like how this movie was built up. It was obvious on how it's going, but it was still enjoyable. I don't want to say anything to spoil this movie to you so go and watch it! 7/10
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
This movie still fucks me up on how it's based on actual events. I was told that you couldn't even visit the place because so many people tried to, they sent security guards to watch the place. The girl who survived had too many chances to actually kill the guy who was murdering everyone, but she a bitch.
6/10
V/H/S: Viral
Unlike all the other movies, this one didn't make any sense, but I liked every second of it. What I didn't like about it is that it wasn't like the other two movies, where people found the footages, but rather someone was sending them out. 7/10
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 09, 2016 9:03 pm

I hosted Terrorthon IV at my house yesterday.

Frankenstein (1931)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 Frankgrass

Terror Level: None

I always like to kick off my annual Terrorthon with a horror movie classic.

Microwave Massacre (1983)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 Microwave-massacre-614x346

Kitty clown

Terrible movie.

Night of the Living Dead (1968)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 31e86087a5d1face3817d0abce813d64

Terror Level: Medium

This was the first movie that was kinda scary of the day. This was really the birth of zombie movies. Chris didn't like how slow it was but I thought it was great. Zombies are not supposed to move fast.

Legion (2010)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 Legion2

Damn Kitty picked two bad movies in a row! There's some good jump scares in this but that doesn't make the rest of the movie a good film. Way too religious for my taste as well.

Ouija (2014)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 1ouija-024x595

There were some decent scares in this movie. It just wasn't very good. And there were rules for Ouija Boards in the movie that I never heard of before.

Burnt Offerings (1976)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 Burnt-offerings-19

I really enjoyed this film. This was a good change of pace from the last two movies.

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 The_texas_chainsaw_massacre_2003-3-720x405

The 1973 classic film would be hard for anyone to follow. I think it was so great because it seemed almost like it was a documentary and it was so gritty.

This movie is okay. It's not as creepy. The blond does make some dumb moves. It's not really as interesting to me as the first movie. I mean Letherface just slamming that slide door shut scared me when I watched the first movie. It didn't mean as much in this one.

V/H/S: Viral (2014)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 VHS-Viral-Glow-Faced-Body-Horror

Kitty enjoyed this a lot more than I did. I think I was just in the mindset that what I was supposed to be watching was found footage films but thinking about it that's not what this was. I explained to Kitty that I was able to watch The Blair Witch Project and think what I was watching could be real. I couldn't suspend my disbelief the same way for this movie.

The connecting dimensions story was really good. That one scared me. That really was the best story in the movie. I think they overdid a bit with the crazy demon genitals. See that's what I was talking about. Once I seen that I knew I was watching some crazy movie.

The skateboarding one was cool too. The magic one went way too long and it lost my interest. The rest of the movie didn't make much sense.

Possession (1981)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 Anna_meltdown

Terror Level: High

It was hard to pay attention by this point in the night. My drunk friend wanted to talk about religion and some time he got lost in the tundra.

He was sleeping during the second half and things started getting scary then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2016 12:02 pm

The Terror (1963)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 Tbr9

Terror Level: Low

The best thing I could say about this movie is that the scenery is great and the final sequence was some crazy stuff. Oh and I did think it was weird to watch Jack Nicholson play a normal person. The movie is dull at points and the best horror we get is from jump scares.

A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge (1985)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 Freddys_revenge_3_600

Well this isn't a classic like the first movie. I thought it was weird. Why does Freddy Krueger decides he wants to possess some random kid? And how does it do it without the kid inviting him to do it?
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2016 4:55 am

Resident Evil: Apocalypse (2004)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 Resident-Evil-Apocalypse-Nemesis-e1460341250993-641x394

This movie was mostly mindless action. Well at least I wasn't very board watching this.

There was a few jump scares. I don't know what it is but some crazy dog(s) always frighten me.

A lot of the time this movie will have you saying "what?" and asking "why?"
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 3:28 am

The Little Shop of Horrors (1960)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 Little-shop-of-horrors-1960-seymour-mushkin-audrey

This is a cute low budget film. It's kinda funny but don't watch this if you're looking to get spooked. And it's crazy to me that this movie was only 72 minutes long. It felt longer than that. I have seen 4 hour films that flew by. This movie dragged.

This movie has it's moments. It was cool to see Jack Nicholson in one of his really early roles as a masochist. Seymour accidentally killing the dude the first time was funny.

The ending was poopy. I don't know what posses some filmmakers to try end their films with a cheap laugh.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 15, 2016 8:10 pm

Hillbillys in a Haunted House (1967)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 Merele%2Bon%2BTV

Fuck this movie. 1/10.

Spooks Run Wild (1941)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 Spooks-run-wild-3

This comedy was alright. The only thing special about it was Bela Lugosi being in this movie.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 6:11 am

Goke, Body Snatcher from Hell (1968)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 Goke-body-snatcher-from-hell-japanese-movie-review-nyaff-2012-cult-midnight-2-noscale

This was a Japanese body snatcher movie. This wasn't too interesting.

The X from Outer Space (1967)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 X-from-outer-space-6

This was a goofy and ugly Kaiju film. I mean look at the monster! It's goofy!
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 19, 2016 6:20 am

Grave Encounters (2011)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 7238061.0

I watched this with Kitty. This was a scary found footage film. I didn't like how stupid the characters were at times. I could excuse some of the things done but it just got too much at several points.

Annabelle (2014)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 Annabelle

I wasn't too into this. It's a movie about a doll. The ending was no good and really there was just no way they could figure out how to fight the demon doll. It's an alright movie. Nothing that warrants a squeal.

The Woman Who Wouldn't Die (1965)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 Catacombs03

This was a neat little funny film.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 6:44 pm

It Follows (2014)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 It_Follows

This was really disappointing. Something that seemed like horror gold was a let down.

Carnival of Souls (1962)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 Carnival

Carnival of Souls is an interesting movie. It's a better version of that Twilight Zone episode where the girl driving around was supposed to die but Death didn't quite get her.
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 6:46 pm

Grave Encounters was a really good movie. Moose

And yeah It Follows was disappointing but I thought it was alright.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrestling-united.com
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 10:27 pm

Bedlam (1946)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 Bedlam-1946-05

Not scary but this is an entertaining film. Boris Karloff proves he's a great actor.

The Cabin in the Woods (2012)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 E7b4f8c8d94c871efd9546ab0ed3c4d4

This was different. I thought this movie would be the same old same old horror film but that isn't the case here. This is interesting and fun to watch.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 28, 2016 8:36 pm

A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 Nurse5

This seems like it was supposed to be the end of a trilogy. This was the first movie where at the end we don't get a twist ending where Freddy gets his revenge.

Like the last movie this doesn't live up to the classic first film. This was alright. It was cool to see characters from the first movie come back.

Friday the 13th (1980)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 Screen-shot-2015-10-25-at-6-59-01-am

I wonder why this was so successful. I guess everything outside the script was good. The ending was cheesy.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 01, 2016 8:06 am

The Brood (1979)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 The-brood1

I wanted to cap off Halloween with some final horror movie. I wanted to see The Brood. It was scary, disturbing and disgusting... Which makes for a good horror film! The monster children look ugly and the vibe the mother gives off is creepy.

Dead Snow (2009)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 Dead-snow2

I like this film for what it was. It was mostly goofy fun where we get to see Norwegians fight off Nazi zombies. Sometimes the movie pissed me off with its "because movie" moments but honestly I had to change my mind set on what this film was supposed to be. I'll say it wasn't great or any kind of classic but it was alright. There are some really brutal deaths in this film.
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 10:56 am

MooseNugget wrote:
The Blair Witch Project (1999)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 Blair_large

Wow! This movie was brilliant! The filmmakers did a great job of making this look and seem like it was a documentary. I thought it was great that it seemed almost like this could have been someone just fucking with out trio. They picked the right ending to make it seemed like it could have not been a supernatural story. I think someone could question if there really was a Blair Witch or if someone was just screwing with these people's heads before killing them.

Of course this isn't real but I think I think it's great when a film allows to speculate like that. That's one of the reasons Blade Runner is so great.

I was honestly annoyed for the first quarter or third of the film but the film really grabbed when once they found the stick men figures. I almost hope we never really get to see The Blair Witch because honestly it would probably be a disappointing compared to what people can imagine.
Moose Nugget clown

After finally watching this movie, I don't understand why some people praise it. Noooooothing happened. Moose

I give it a 5.5 and that's being generous (I see what they were trying to do with the story and the potential it had; that's the only reason it's not like a 4.5 rating instead)

I hope Blair Witch is better when I watch that.

Also... how is the terror level high? This is one of the least scary horror movies I've ever seen. Oh man There's nothing to be afraid of throughout it. Huh
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 12:58 pm

Ge-No Talent wrote:
Moose Nugget clown

After finally watching this movie, I don't understand why some people praise it. Noooooothing happened. Moose

I give it a 5.5 and that's being generous (I see what they were trying to do with the story and the potential it had; that's the only reason it's not like a 4.5 rating instead)

I hope Blair Witch is better when I watch that.

Also... how is the terror level high? This is one of the least scary horror movies I've ever seen. Oh man There's nothing to be afraid of throughout it. Huh
I guess you just don't have imagination and implication doesn't scare you.
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 06, 2016 1:08 pm

The only events that actually happened were stuff goes missing, one of the friends go missing, and they get killed in the end in the most predictable way. And a whole lot of just traveling the woods and standing around. Oh man
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 01, 2017 9:18 pm

Killer Clowns.From Outer Space (1988)

This was more fun than scary. The disgusting looking clowns had interesting ways of killing people. The soundtrack was very good. This isn't a must see but it was a fun ride. 6/10.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 03, 2017 9:22 pm

The Comedy of Terrors (1963)

This was a comedy rather than a horror film. It was filled with horror stars Vincent Price, Peter Lorre and Borris Karloff. This was a funny film. 7/10.

The Badadook (2014)

This film creeped me out. I think this movie proved practical effects are more effective than CG. 8/10.
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 04, 2017 12:34 am

I forgot it was October panic

The Babadook is a movie I've been wanting to see for a while. Oh the DRAMA
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 EmptyTue Oct 10, 2017 11:02 pm

The Blob (1988)

I wasn't expecting much from a movie called The Blob but I'm happy to report I was pleasantly surprised. The Blob killed it's victims in a terrifying manner and this movie was suspenseful. 7/10.

1408 (2006)

All this movie has going for it is the jump scares. It runs too long. The scene where Mike is fooled to think he escaped could be cut. Compare this to a movie like The Haunting and you'll see that less means more. 6/10.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 EmptyWed Oct 11, 2017 10:09 am

Sleepaway Camp (1983)

The ending was nothing. Not a true climax. Nothing was resovled. Unlike 1408 this could have gone a few minutes longer and that might have saved this movie.

The ending was so awkward the way Angela/Peter was breathing. WTF was up with that.

All this had going for it is some really cool murder scenes. 3/10.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 EmptySat Oct 14, 2017 9:33 pm

The Wolf Man (1941)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 The-wolf-man-reboot-700x300

This movie was enjoyable enough. The length was good. Just a little over an hour. I wasn't expecting this to be scary. 6/10.

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (2016)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 Pride_and_prejudice_and_zombies_lily_james_review

How did they make zombies the least interesting thing in this movie? This is the first movie I seen with talking intelligent zombies... Why did they do that? What's the point of having zombies if they're everything a zombie shouldn't be? Doing that makes them so not scary. 4/10.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 9:46 am

Bride of Frankenstein (1935)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 Bride_Frankenstein_1935_21-1487460005-726x388

This wasn't a good as the first movie but 8/10 is a very good grade for a film.

Lily C.A.T. (1987)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 Lilycat_shot15

This anime film is like if you threw Alien and The Thing together. This is interesting but this film doesn't deliver. The best thing I can say about this film is the animation is creepy. I got into the story but the climax is extremely underwhelming. 5/10.

The Fly (1986)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 Fly-03

This film the grossest effects I even seen! Watching and hearing Kitty's reaction was hilarious. 8/10.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 EmptyFri Oct 20, 2017 11:15 am

Pâfekuto burû (1997)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 0e31acb930a5c569385d11674b92b54332b7641c_hq

This movie was a trip. The quality was off. I did get this on DVD and this movie took only half the size of my TV. But don't let that scare you off because this movie is great. It's not scary. It's more graphic and weird. Thankfully I got another anime movie by this man who directed this. I'm looking forward to seeing his other works. 9/10.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 EmptySun Oct 22, 2017 11:53 am

Alien: Covenant (2017)

Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 Alien-covenant-not-film-i-would-have-made-says-james-cameron-49

It's sad. The first Alien movie was a great horror story. This movie decided to replace the suspense and sense of dread with jump scares. It's hard to believe this was made by the man who made the first film but it's true.

I like Prometheus. If you thought that movie was dumb than you're going to hate this one. I didn't need to learn how the aliens became what they were. In fact knowing less about them makes them more scary and mysterious. I thought Prometheus did an okay job. This movie was trying to do too much.

And they don't make us care about the characters. Well most of them anyway. If Tennessee died at the end instead of lived I wouldn't have felt any different at the end of the movie.

I didn't think this would be the case but for some reason my friends see something in this movie that I can't. I got some flack for not liking this film. So I'll say that the movie looked great. Some of the scenes were exciting. I have mixed feeling when it comes to David.

The first two thirds of the film is dull to me. I think things don't heat up until the 3rd act. Some badass shit happens then. I didn't like it and I honestly think it'll put you to sleep. 3/10.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Last Horror Movie Watched   Last Horror Movie Watched - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Last Horror Movie Watched

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next