HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bad News Barrett Talks Working With John Cena, Says the Nexus Could Have Been Booked Better, Reveals Favorite Opponents

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Bad News Barrett Talks Working With John Cena, Says the Nexus Could Have Been Booked Better, Reveals Favorite Opponents Empty
PostSubject: Bad News Barrett Talks Working With John Cena, Says the Nexus Could Have Been Booked Better, Reveals Favorite Opponents   Bad News Barrett Talks Working With John Cena, Says the Nexus Could Have Been Booked Better, Reveals Favorite Opponents EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 12:36 pm

While recently in India doing promotional work for WWE, Bad News Barrett did an interview with TenSports.com, and below are some interview highlights:

On Working with John Cena after debuting on the main roster:

“That was a pretty intense period in my life, to go from being pretty much an unknown wrestler, which I had been for 6 years at that point since I’ve started wrestling to suddenly get the opportunity to go out there and be a main event level character, and be the guy that’s opening up every RAW on the microphone and closing every RAW, wrestling all the top stars and beating up John Cena, which is a huge jump for me to go from that unknown around the world; I wasn’t recognized to immediately being one of the most important guys on the show. So it was a pretty intense period in my life, but I also loved every second of it. It was what essentially I was aiming to do, what I had sacrificed for, for over 6 – 7 years in my career to get to that point. So, to get that payoff, it felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders; so I didn’t really feel the pressure much. I was just enjoying the reactions we were getting and I knew it was working. Everything we did was working perfectly, so that felt good.”

If he thinks Nexus could have been booked better towards the end:

“Yeah, 100%. I think there was definitely more life left in Nexus at the time. If I had been in charge, I wouldn’t have ended it like it ended. But then again, we got great opportunities for young superstars to come into the WWE, make a huge impact and then 4 or 5 years down the line, most of us are still around, and most of us are still making a very good living in the WWE, and are involved in great angles. So I don’t really look at it in a negative way; I think we were very fortunate to get that opportunity, and I’m also very grateful for the fact that Nexus came along when it did. I wish it could’ve gone a bit longer, but I think there’s always that appetite left for people where they want to see some more of Nexus. They know it didn’t end the way it should’ve ended, and I think there’s always a potential in the future where we could bring it back. So we’ll have to see how that goes.”

His favorite opponents:

“My favorite opponent to work with.. I’d say there are two to choose between, and it’s because I’ve probably wrestled them more than anybody else, and that would be Kofi Kingston and Sheamus. They’re two completely different wrestlers. Kofi is obviously a high – flying, technical kind of guy, and Sheamus is very smash mouth and last time there were a lot of bruises and black eyes and things like that. So two completely different kind of wrestlers; I always seem to have good chemistry with them, and I don’t think I’ve had a bad match with either of those two, despite the fact that we’d wrestled hundreds of times. So I love wrestling those two, and then just before I got injured, I had a couple of matches with Dolph Ziggler. He’s a guy I have a lot of respect for, and I’ve known Dolph for 6 or 7 years and up until probably 3 months ago, we’ve never had a match before. So to get in with him and we clicked instantly; he’s another one that I’m hoping that when I get back, I get to do stuff with him because he’s currently got my Intercontinental championship I got stripped off. So fingers crossed, when I get back I can go straight for him, and try and win that back, and see what we can do together.”
Back to top Go down

Bad News Barrett Talks Working With John Cena, Says the Nexus Could Have Been Booked Better, Reveals Favorite Opponents Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad News Barrett Talks Working With John Cena, Says the Nexus Could Have Been Booked Better, Reveals Favorite Opponents   Bad News Barrett Talks Working With John Cena, Says the Nexus Could Have Been Booked Better, Reveals Favorite Opponents EmptySun Sep 28, 2014 12:42 pm

Back to top Go down

Bad News Barrett Talks Working With John Cena, Says the Nexus Could Have Been Booked Better, Reveals Favorite Opponents

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1