HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Booker T Talks Sting Not Wanting to Sign with WWE Because WCW Talents Were Being Buried, Reveals Talk He Had with Vince, More

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Booker T Talks Sting Not Wanting to Sign with WWE Because WCW Talents Were Being Buried, Reveals Talk He Had with Vince, More Empty
PostSubject: Booker T Talks Sting Not Wanting to Sign with WWE Because WCW Talents Were Being Buried, Reveals Talk He Had with Vince, More   Booker T Talks Sting Not Wanting to Sign with WWE Because WCW Talents Were Being Buried, Reveals Talk He Had with Vince, More EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 7:07 pm

WWE Hall of Famer Booker T recently did an interview with The Boston Herald, and below are some highlights:

On Sting fearing signing with WWE because The Rock said he had never heard of Booker T during a TV segment:

“I’ve heard Sting make that comment. I was mad I had that confrontation with The Rock because I had to build myself all over again.

The WCW guys were supposed to be buried. None of us were supposed to make it, but I’m the only guy who was willing to step up to the plate and go in there and survive. I went to WWE to prove something. I had to go through Steve Austin, the Undertaker, Edge, I had to go through all of those guys to prove myself. I didn’t want to wake up at 50 years old and wonder if I could have competed with those guys, I wanted to know in my own mind I was just as good.”

An important talk he had with Vince McMahon:

“One of the most important talks I ever had was with Vince McMahon right after I’d got to WWE. I had so many different agents telling me I had to go out and work this way and that way, and I knew — if I listened to those guys — I was going to get fired.

So I went to Vince and explained, ‘I’ve got this agent telling me this, another telling me that, and I know I’m going to get fired doing it their way. I’d like to go out and do it my way. If you don’t like what you see, just fire me.’ Vince looked straight at me and said, ‘Do your stuff, Book.’ From that point on, I had the green light to just be me.”

http://bostonherald.com/sports/other/2014/09/wwe_hall_of_famer_booker_t_fondly_remembers_boston
Back to top Go down

Booker T Talks Sting Not Wanting to Sign with WWE Because WCW Talents Were Being Buried, Reveals Talk He Had with Vince, More

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1