HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ADR gets one over on WWE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

ADR gets one over on WWE  Empty
PostSubject: ADR gets one over on WWE    ADR gets one over on WWE  EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 12:23 am

Alberto Del Rio's departure from the WWE was one of the most controversial and explosive departures for some time.
Of course it doesn't quite grab the attention as much as CM Punk's equally acrimonious exit back in January, but with Alberto Del Rio there were big topics discussed in the wake of his departure.
Not a week goes by without a major issue raising its head in WWE, and just this past week, Alberto Del Rio got his revenge on the wrestling entertainment company.
Court win
We'll delve back into why Del Rio was fired and whether it was worth it, but first we should get to grips with the news that the Mexican wrestler recently beat WWE in court. That's right, Del Rio came out on top of Vince McMahon and the WWE in court.
Last month Del Rio was fired from WWE after he slapped an employee of the company. It is understood though that Del Rio was racially abused and that's why he responded to the employee, Cody Barbierri, with such force.
Not only did WWE fire Del Rio, they also inputted a non-compete clause into his release from the company, but this week Del Rio managed to get that clause thrown out in court,

Del Rio speaks out 
Spanish-language Web site SuperLuchas.net broke the news, and managed to get Del Rio to say his piece.
“It is unconstitutional that you cannot work. Thanks to lawyers and support of AAA, I can fight without any problems.” explained Del Rio, who is now scheduled to appear in his AAA debut on September 14 in Mexico.
TNA interest
But it is not only AAA that is interested in Del Rio's signature. According to reports, one of WWE's key rivals, TNA, have reached out to the Mexican wrestler. Only time will tell whether or not he chooses to get the ultimate revenge on WWE.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: ADR gets one over on WWE    ADR gets one over on WWE  EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 12:26 am

I'm glad he's able to wrestle again very soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com

PostSubject: Re: ADR gets one over on WWE    ADR gets one over on WWE  EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 12:38 am

What a great day for the mexican aristocrat!!!!! Guess AAA has better lawyers than we'd think!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ADR gets one over on WWE    ADR gets one over on WWE  EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 6:54 am

Basic logic is: no one can deprive one other from working or making them unable to provide for themselves. ADR (as all others) have the right to work in order to earn income.
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: ADR gets one over on WWE    ADR gets one over on WWE  EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 12:00 pm

WWE don't have to book him any more. They win.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV

PostSubject: Re: ADR gets one over on WWE    ADR gets one over on WWE  EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 12:10 pm

Del Rio > most of the guys on the roster
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: ADR gets one over on WWE    ADR gets one over on WWE  EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 12:11 pm

Does this mean that all no-compete clauses are unconstitutional now? Can a guy released by WWE show up in TNA the next day now?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ADR gets one over on WWE    ADR gets one over on WWE  EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 12:13 pm

^ idk, but it would be awhile anyways since TNA still has a lot of tapings to show
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: ADR gets one over on WWE    ADR gets one over on WWE  EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 12:44 pm

Del Rio vs Ken Anderson at Bound to Piss Mink Off 11.
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: ADR gets one over on WWE    ADR gets one over on WWE  EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 12:57 pm

I wouldn't watch it >_>.

(Haven't seen a TNA show for ages, actually).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ADR gets one over on WWE    ADR gets one over on WWE  EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 12:59 pm

Even tho I don't like ADR as a wrestler, i'm glad he got this over on WWE for the bullshit they did.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ADR gets one over on WWE    ADR gets one over on WWE  EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 6:33 pm

Zanon wrote:
Basic logic is: no one can deprive one other from working or making them unable to provide for themselves. ADR (as all others) have the right to work in order to earn income.

That ^
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: ADR gets one over on WWE    ADR gets one over on WWE  EmptyFri Sep 05, 2014 7:39 pm

Mink wrote:
WWE don't have to book him any more. They win.

He's not a bad wrestler. At all. Indifferent
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: ADR gets one over on WWE    ADR gets one over on WWE  EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 1:37 am

Project Shuttlecock wrote:
Does this mean that all no-compete clauses are unconstitutional now? Can a guy released by WWE show up in TNA the next day now?
No. It just means they can work in the major Mexican promotions right away. The United States government will probably side with WWE.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com

PostSubject: Re: ADR gets one over on WWE    ADR gets one over on WWE  EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 3:04 am

He's a good wrestler, however everything else is just boring.
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: ADR gets one over on WWE    ADR gets one over on WWE  EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 3:24 am

Bro Dallas wrote:
He's a good wrestler, however everything else is just boring.

I find his matches boring as well, to be honest. There are a few exceptions, like the LMS match against Cena, or that series against Big Show, but for the most part very forgettable.
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: ADR gets one over on WWE    ADR gets one over on WWE  EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 3:36 am

^
Most of his matches WERE forgettable near the end of his WWE run. It's not HIS fault though. I think he'll be better off in AAA.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ADR gets one over on WWE    ADR gets one over on WWE  EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 2:45 pm

His feud with Swagger over the big gold belt was his highlight for me. The Ziggler feud as well had some sweet matches. Winning the biggest Rumble ever was a nice show as well. He had a ladder match with Christian for the big gold belt that had Christian winning his first ever WHC belt. That match rocked.

He's done some good work that i have enjoyed. Thanks ADR!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ADR gets one over on WWE    ADR gets one over on WWE  EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 2:54 pm

ADR only had two good feud imo in WWE and that was with Swagger and Big Show.

His match with Christian, you could have put anyone in there with Christian and it would be the same.

His two WWE title runs where just a waste of time and his first one was the final nail in the coffin of the summer of punk.

He was a boring guy. He couldn't cut a promo to save his life, he wasn't any too special in the ring. WWE just kept pounding and pounding down the crowds throats as a main eventer as a top guy, but the dude never got over.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: ADR gets one over on WWE    ADR gets one over on WWE  EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 3:04 pm

Del Rio's promos:

1. Talk about destiny
2. Say stuff in Spanish
3. Wink
4. Leave

Am I missing something? itchy head
Back to top Go down
pegasus187
HOFer
HOFer
pegasus187

PostSubject: Re: ADR gets one over on WWE    ADR gets one over on WWE  EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 3:39 pm

Dr. Picklecopter wrote:
Del Rio vs Ken Anderson at Bound to Piss Mink Off 11.

Funny
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: ADR gets one over on WWE    ADR gets one over on WWE  EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 4:06 pm

Señor Drächen wrote:
Del Rio's promos:

1. Talk about destiny
2. Say stuff in Spanish
3. Wink
4. Leave

His promo ability weren't the greatest at all. But wrestling-wise, he was a good one.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: ADR gets one over on WWE    ADR gets one over on WWE  EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 4:31 pm

Yeah That he was excellent in the ring. One of the best technical/mat wrestlers in WWE. But I agree completely he sucked on the mic.

You really can't blame him though. He was born as a Spanish-speaker and lived in Mexico his whole life. It's really hard to go from speaking one language all the time to speaking another language and doing it perfectly. If you see his promos in AAA, he's actually very good on the mic in Spanish.

Just imagine if you were to join NJPW and they wanted you to cut promos in Japanese and you didn't know that much Japanese. It'd be pretty difficult. So I really don't blame him for sucking on the mic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ADR gets one over on WWE    ADR gets one over on WWE  EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 7:06 pm

Señor Drächen wrote:
Del Rio's promos:

1. Talk about destiny
2. Say stuff in Spanish
3. Wink
4. Leave

ADR Promos, Horatio Caine style.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: ADR gets one over on WWE    ADR gets one over on WWE  EmptySat Sep 06, 2014 8:16 pm

Razor wrote:
Yeah That he was excellent in the ring. One of the best technical/mat wrestlers in WWE. But I agree completely he sucked on the mic.

You really can't blame him though. He was born as a Spanish-speaker and lived in Mexico his whole life. It's really hard to go from speaking one language all the time to speaking another language and doing it perfectly. If you see his promos in AAA, he's actually very good on the mic in Spanish.

Just imagine if you were to join NJPW and they wanted you to cut promos in Japanese and you didn't know that much Japanese. It'd be pretty difficult. So I really don't blame him for sucking on the mic.

That's why Americans that go to Japan almost always end up in a stable, where they don't have to talk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ADR gets one over on WWE    ADR gets one over on WWE  Empty

Back to top Go down

ADR gets one over on WWE

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestle Fanatics :: The Squared Circle :: World Wrestling Entertainment-