HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Witcher 3 May Not Be 1080p, 60fps

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

The Witcher 3 May Not Be 1080p, 60fps Empty
PostSubject: The Witcher 3 May Not Be 1080p, 60fps   The Witcher 3 May Not Be 1080p, 60fps EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 3:15 pm

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/22/the-witcher-3-may-not-be-1080p

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has the potential of not being full 1080p quality or 60fps, suggests a Worlds Factory interview with CD Projekt RED‘s visual effects artist Jose Teixeira.

"Ideally, we’re pushing for 30 frames per second. The resolution, honestly, it depends; we’re working on it, we’re trying to get it as high as possible," said Teixeira.

"If we can make it at 1080P, sure, but I don’t know if it’s going to make it. To be honest, I really don’t know. Probably not. But for sure, we need it to run at a smooth frame rate, so at least 30 FPS."

According to Teixeira, the physics engine - which takes up a lot of processing power - is partly to blame:

"We’re asking the environment artists to put as many physics objects as possible, of course within the limits of memory and performance, but for example when you go inside the tavern, the tables, the mugs, the chairs are all subject to physics. Geralt has this spell, a push of force, and when he does that everything flies off the table. In the beginning it was crazy, but now we have it under control. It’s going to be great."

Teixeira also shared some reservations his team had about running such a powerful game on consoles.

"To be honest, we were expecting a lot worse. When we first started playing on PS4 and XB1, we expected the game not to work at all, because it was so heavy, so we were expeciting it to crash, but it’s actually running. It’s not quite there yet, but it’s running. So I think that with a little more optimization, I think we’ll get it running really well."
Back to top Go down

The Witcher 3 May Not Be 1080p, 60fps

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1