HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Eagles CB stands by Pats 'cheaters' opinion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Eagles CB stands by Pats 'cheaters' opinion Empty
PostSubject: Eagles CB stands by Pats 'cheaters' opinion   Eagles CB stands by Pats 'cheaters' opinion EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 4:31 pm

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11317685/philadelphia-eagles-cb-cary-williams-stands-new-england-patriots-cheaters-opinion

Philadelphia Eagles cornerback Cary Williams said Tuesday he stands by his opinion that the New England Patriots are "cheaters" and said he isn't afraid he will be targeted for retribution by New England when the teams hold joint practices next week.

Williams first made his opinion on the Patriots known last week, saying "they are cheaters" because of the 2007 Spygate scandal in which the team was punished for filming New York Jets coaches' defensive signals during a September game. The Patriots were subsequently stripped of a first-round draft pick and fined $250,000 by commissioner Roger Goodell, while Patriots coach Bill Belichick was fined $500,000.

"I give them all the credit in the world, but one fact remains: They haven't won a Super Bowl since they got caught," Williams said last week.

On Tuesday, Williams stood by his comments.

"Did I say the wrong thing? No," Williams said, according to the News Journal. "I stand firm on what my beliefs are, and that's just that. I didn't tell a lie. At the end of the day, that did happen. It's in the history books. As far as I'm concerned, I made a comment about it and that's that."

The Eagles and Patriots will hold joint practices in Foxborough, Massachusetts, on Aug. 12 and 13. Williams said last week he thought the sessions are "unnecessary" since the teams will play next Friday. Eagles coach Chip Kelly thanked Williams for his "input" on Sunday while explaining why he thinks the joint practices will benefit his team.

Williams was asked Tuesday if he feared the Patriots might target him next week because of his outspoken views on their team.

"I don't care," he said, according to the News Journal. "That's the whole point. I don't care if they come after me or not. That doesn't scare me. My mentality is I've never been a punk, never been a sissy, never been a guy that's going to be a scared guy. I don't play this game in fear at all. I don't fear no man. As far as I'm concerned, you put your pants on as well as I put my pants on. We're going to man up when we get there."

Williams also criticized the Patriots last year after he was removed from one of the team's joint practices for getting into a scuffle with receiver Aaron Dobson.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Eagles CB stands by Pats 'cheaters' opinion   Eagles CB stands by Pats 'cheaters' opinion EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 4:36 pm

He wasn't even in the league when that happened lol. And it's almost been 10 years now, time to let that go...
Back to top Go down
Mexi
TRU
TRU
Mexi

PostSubject: Re: Eagles CB stands by Pats 'cheaters' opinion   Eagles CB stands by Pats 'cheaters' opinion EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 4:40 pm

Really
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eagles CB stands by Pats 'cheaters' opinion   Eagles CB stands by Pats 'cheaters' opinion Empty

Back to top Go down

Eagles CB stands by Pats 'cheaters' opinion

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1