HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PROMO | ??? - "Untitled Promo"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PROMO | ??? - "Untitled Promo" Empty
PostSubject: PROMO | ??? - "Untitled Promo"   PROMO | ??? - "Untitled Promo" EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 3:03 am

DUE: Sunday, June 15th at midnight EST (UTC -4 Hours)
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: PROMO | ??? - "Untitled Promo"   PROMO | ??? - "Untitled Promo" EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 9:24 am

As the opening festivities and pyrotechnics come to a close, the arena is bathed in darkness, inciting cheers of anticipation from the capacity crowd in Little Rock, Arkansas. The arena stays silent for several seconds... causing murmurs of suspicion and adding to the air of excitement.

Ted Cedar
"We're set to kick off Vendetta with a match right out of the gates, but I'm not sure who's up first! It seems that we may be having some technical difficulties!"

Joey Miles
"Ah, cunt. I forgot my flashlight in the women's washroom."

Ted
"... why were you...?"

Joey
"That's for me, and me alone to know the secret of, Theodore."

Twenty seconds go by in complete silence.

Joey
"Um... okay. Someone turn the lights back on?"

Ted
"This is particularly odd..."

The crowd wonders who could be making the lights go out this time. Cerberus? Unlikely. The arena usually turned red for his entrance. The lights would be low, but on.

...Thirty seconds...

Joey
"Okay, I've had enough of this fuckery. This is why the actual arenas should be on the annual schedule. Instead we're in some fucking generic-ass last-minute arena that didn't pay its power bill. WE'RE NOT FUCKING TNA."

Could this be Azreal? He was responsible when the lights went out last week, just prior to his attack on Jared Jerusalem at the behest of one Robert Hope. Or maybe it's Dark Atlas?

Forty seconds...

Ted
"I apologize ladies and gentlemen, we'll get these difficulties sorted out as soon as we can-"

Joey
"You fuckers are just lucky that I can see my 3DS screen in here, or I'd be coming for all of your cunts."

Well, what the hell? Is the power out? Can't be, we can still hear Joey Miles.

No. It's none of the above. The silence is finally broken.

Joey
"What the dick?"

An unfamiliar theme tune echoes throughout the arena as a red, cross-hair-shaped spotlight begins to scan through the crowd like a police searchlight. It begins quietly, with gloomy country guitars creating an uneasy vibe that hardly reassures more than the previous silence.

Sometimes, I feel like a motherless child...

Sometimes, I feel like a motherless child.

Sometimes, I feel like a motherless child...

A long, long way from home.

Ted
"I don't recognize this music. Is the a returnee, or a debutant?"

The cross-hair shifts to aim at the center of the stage as a hooded and largely cloaked individual makes his way out from behind the curtain, and the lights come up ever so slightly. This individual- a man- raises his head to stare down the ramp at the ring. He makes no attempt to conceal his identity. With a microphone clenched firmly in his right hand, he begins a slow saunter toward the ring, backed by the dreary, heavy tones of "Motherless Child".

Ted
"Wait a minute, is that-"

Joey
"FUCK, NO! WHY?!"

Laura Watts
"The following contest is scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, from Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada... weighing in at two-hundred and forty one pounds... The "Straight Edge Outlaw"... Rob Chapman!"

The cross-hair tracks him as he makes his way down, and a soft hook of cheers fills the arena. For the first time since February, Rob makes his way towards the ring with an aura of intensity, but it's unlike any that fans have seen from him before. Quiet, calculating, and ferocious. No expression graces his weary face as he approaches the ring. Laura Watts begins to introduce him more formally, revealing that this is, in fact, a match!

Ted
"My God, Rob Chapman has returned to the XWA!"

Joey
"WHY MUST YOU HURT ME IN THIS WAY?!"

A more noticeable hook of cheers echoes through the arena while Chapman continues his measured descent towards the squared circle. Rob slides into the ring as he reaches it and slowly pushes himself up with one hand. He stops in the ring's center as the lights return to normal and his music fades. Removing his hood, the scruffy-looking man takes a long look at all of the fans in the arena, beginning to circle around the canvas. He seems to be thinking about whatever his first choice of words to XWA's fans is going to be. Raising the microphone only to lower it and return to contemplation. Eventually, stops pacing for a moment and takes a deep breath before raising the microphone to speak. His expression has remained the same- almost vacant, in a way- since he first emerged from the locker room.

The crowd begin to cheer as Rob finally prepares to address them.

Joey
"Man, he looks kinda... washy. He high?"

Ted
"Don't be silly, Joey. Rob Chapman is openly and proudly Straight Edge."

Joey
"And you're openly and proudly a fucking redneck and a half. Don't correct me, you cottage-cheese-shaped yokel fuck."

Before he can open his mouth, Chapman is interrupted by an all-too-familiar theme song. Shinedown's "Sound Of Madness"... a song that he, and everybody else watching know belong to one man and one man only. As "The Ultimate Synner" makes his way out from behind the curtain, he begins to applaud his opponent of countless occasions, causing Rob to very slowly set the microphone down on the canvas, and begin to remove his jacket and hoodie.

Laura Watts
"And his opponent... from Albany, New York... weighing in at two-hundred and thirty five pounds... Shade!"

Joey
"Oh fuck. This is kind of a big deal."

Ted
"Storied history between those two back in the days of the Two Worlds Wrestling Federation. Feelings likely haven't changed between companies."

Joey
"Storied history? Their only history is that Shade's been putting Rob in his place for years. Talk about fucking up a guy's debut. Good job, booking guys!"

The crowd begin to jeer heavily as the "Master Of Syn" makes his way down toward the ring, continuing to applaud and shaking his head in apparent disbelief.

As Shade hits the ring, he picks up Chapman's discarded microphone and looks straight into Rob's eyes. He seems to be pleasantly surprised, yet ready to go off.

Shade
"Wow... how's it going, Robbie? It's been awhile." Shade goads, pausing for a moment and giving Rob an opportunity to speak, however the Canadian competitor simply leans back against a corner turnbuckle and continues to look at Shade with the same stoic, cold-as-death expression that he's worn since he emerged from behind the curtain. Shade pouts for a moment before taking on a more openly sarcastic tone of voice.

The crowd continues to jeer Shade, but there are cheers beginning to build up as those who know both competitors know what kind of a contest they're about to be in for.

Shade
"Man. Talk about a cold shoulder. What's the matter, cat got your tongue? Whatever. In case you haven't noticed for some reason, XWA's got a Pay-Per-View coming up. The Big-Ass American Bash. I couldn't give less of a shit about the name, but I've got a pretty big match at The Bash. Against your best buddy's sperm bank. And management has been up my ass trying to put a damper on this clash of the titans since it was announced. So, needless to say, I've been through a lot of fucking blasphemy in the past couple of weeks! And this week they gave me a match- ON THE FUCKING SHOW OPENER- against a mystery opponent. Just to try and get me wondering. And who is it? None other than the "LionHeart", who I beat for the LionHeart Championship... Robbie fucking Chapman. It's good to see you, Robbie. I was worried you'd fallen into a well somewhere and died. Let me be the first to welcome you back to XWA by giving you a taste of the fucking blasphemy I've been putting up with."

Ted
"Here we go, Rob Chapman versus Shade is gonna kick off Vendetta!"

Joey
"Oh shit! Let the beating commence!"

With that, Shade tosses the microphone out of the ring rather unceremoniously, along with the rest of his entrance apparel. And for the first time since emerging from behind the curtain, Rob's expression changes. The stone-like stare replaced by a playful smirk. He leans there for a moment, just smirking away, before the bell rings and he kicks away from the corner, his expression cementing back into stern focus.[/b]

Last edited by Snoopz on Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: PROMO | ??? - "Untitled Promo"   PROMO | ??? - "Untitled Promo" EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 9:28 am

Rob scares me almost as much as Shade does. Funny

So is this Rob's official return, then? I don\'t know
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: PROMO | ??? - "Untitled Promo"   PROMO | ??? - "Untitled Promo" EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 9:35 am

Beautiful work, Rob. I'm interested to see how you'll do with Chapman being silent now. Also, I'm very glad to have you back. <3
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg

PostSubject: Re: PROMO | ??? - "Untitled Promo"   PROMO | ??? - "Untitled Promo" EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 11:37 am

ROB!!!!
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: PROMO | ??? - "Untitled Promo"   PROMO | ??? - "Untitled Promo" EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 3:41 pm

Shade's dialogue seems similar to Myke's dialogue when bitching at me.

Glad to see you've returned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PROMO | ??? - "Untitled Promo"   PROMO | ??? - "Untitled Promo" Empty

Back to top Go down

PROMO | ??? - "Untitled Promo"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1