HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

S15.) "Victory In Defeat" | Jakeb Steel

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

S15.) "Victory In Defeat" | Jakeb Steel Empty
PostSubject: S15.) "Victory In Defeat" | Jakeb Steel   S15.) "Victory In Defeat" | Jakeb Steel EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 5:04 am

Due: Sunday, June 8th at Midnight (-5 EST)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg

PostSubject: Re: S15.) "Victory In Defeat" | Jakeb Steel   S15.) "Victory In Defeat" | Jakeb Steel EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 4:08 pm

"And yet, they still say diamonds are forever .... "

The male voice breaks the silence. Darkness covers the scene, giving no hint of a location or acknowledgement of existence. As the voice continues the speak, the scene becomes more and more clear.

"Its intriguing how a loss is viewed in the world of wrestling. The idea that putting someone down on the canvas for 3 seconds is an indication of superiority. The more I think about it, the more it makes me laugh."

By now, the scene has come into focus and viewers are now able to make out a clear location. Cameras are currently backstage in the dark depths of the arena. There is a set of metal crates laying in-between a small hallway with two doors and a wooden table. Hardly any  light is shining in the hallway, mainly because ceiling lights are busted except for one light that just so happens to be shining on a particular crate. On this very same crate, the cameras capture a very female male wrestler wearing a long black cloak and covering his face with a hoody. It does not take long for viewers to realize it is Dark Atlas' very own, Jakeb Steel.

"Last week, I was defeated by Danny Diamond. Only men of insecurities would deny that fact. Under the rules and guidelines of XWA, he pinned me fairly and earned himself the right of superiority for a night. But then, that's all it really was -- for one night. Its gut-wrenching hilarious how people actually believe that just because my shoulders were down on the mat for three seconds, it suddenly means that I am the inferior being.

Fools will be fools.

Since the beginning of time, men have fought for superiority through wars, domestic tangents, and duels. Hell, superiority can even be determined in a simple sparring of sportsmanship. For you see, superiority does not come from the act of defeat itself. No, it comes from the result of that defeat. I remember when I first started in this business and I was a rookie, I had this trainer by the name of "Armbreaker" Andy Tugboat. The first time I got into the ring with him, he broke my damn arm and loved doing it -- but he did it to prove a point. While I was screaming for agony, begging for him to let go, he asked me, 'do you respect me?' and I said, 'yes.' From the moment he let go until I left his gym, I was his property. I had given him every ounce of my respect and followed his every instruction, even when I wanted to quit. Because you see, when a man proves his superiority over you, he doesn't do it through breaking body parts, having superior skills, and achieving a set of guidelines faster. He does it by breaking the spirit of his opponent and leaving no doubt in their minds that he is …. superior."

Jakeb Steel lifts his head, revealing the white face-painted under the hood.

"So tell me Danny. If you truly are superior to me, then why do I feel so ... alive!! Why do I feel like a kid waking up for Christmas day? Not only did that defeat get my blood pumping, but instead of making me feel inferior – it makes me want more! MORE! So much more that I’m willing to put a body limb on the line. And you say I lost last week? HAH! You don’t know the half of it. If anything, I hit the jackpot last week.”  

Stopping to collect his thoughts, Jakeb slowly removes his cloak and reveals his bare shoulder wrapped in bandage. This apparently is from his match with Danny Diamond last week, most likely from his missed BME stunt during their match.

“Do you see this, Danny? I want to thank you for this lovely souvenir. It’s sad it will heal in a week and I’ll be back to a hundred percent. Sad for me? No. Sad for you. Cause that means you didn’t get the job done.  You didn’t break my spirit. All you did was throw gasoline in the fire inside me and make me thirst EVEN MORE for your demise. So I’m not going to take the quote on quote, high road, and shake your hand, pretending to be content that we had a great match. Oh, and this idiotic notation that our past war in 2WWF came to a conclusion last week has to be the most insulting piece of shit to ever come out of your mouth. We have unfinished business, Danny. Yes, you won last week – and I lost. Congratulations. But if you think that one little victory means you’re better than me. Well guess what … ?”

Suddenly, Jakeb jumps off the steel crate and kicks the crate next to him out of rage!! The loud sound of boot meeting metal echoes off the walls.

“YOU’RE WRONG!

For years, I used to look men in the eye, extend my hand, and tell them that 'they are better man' after losing to them for one night. That ends tonight. I refuse to lie to myself any further.  Danny Diamond, you may have gotten a pin fall last week, but you didn't get the job done. You didn't put me away, and you didn't break my spirit. So despite what the world may tell you and what this company may say to stroke your ego ...  

YOU ARE NOT!
THE BETTER!
MAN!
"

Jakeb breathes deeply. It is at that moment fans get a glimpse into his soul, watching his eyes burn with determination and passion.

"But you can be ... if you choose to accept my challenge.

In a few weeks time, XWA will have their monthly pay-per-view titled, "The Big Ass American Bash." I say we go at it, one more time. This time, all the marbles are on the table. We aren't just gonna have a regular singles match. No. There's only one match we can have that will surely determine who is superior. The match -- is a Submission match! We are both too stubborn to admit when our bodies have reached their limits, yet only one of us can walk out of this match the victor. So here is your chance, Danny. You want to prove your superiority over me?? Do it at the Big Ass American Bash. Fight me one last time. Then if you just so happen to break my spirit, I will gladly say you are the better man ... "

Chuckles follow the last statement. Soon, those chuckles turn into sheer laughter.

"Hehe ... Hehahaha! Who am I kidding? We all know that will never happen. You may be a good wrestler, Danny, but one thing you're not is a fighter. I've had to fight all my life and, by this point, my spirit is invincible. If it comes to it Danny, I will fight you to my dying breath. Meaning, to beat me, you'll have KILL me. I knew the moment you came back that you'd be a great challenge. So let's give your beloved fans one last showing. Will you accept? Or will you deny and prove the world what they already know? That being, the real true superior being ... is me."

Jakeb lowers his head, as the cameras fade to black.

"This is our world now."

((The challenge has been laid out. =) ))
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: S15.) "Victory In Defeat" | Jakeb Steel   S15.) "Victory In Defeat" | Jakeb Steel EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 4:16 pm

I kinda already have a match at the Big Ass American Bash. This was a great promo and makes me want to accept the challenge, but no way am I doing three matches.

EDIT: Fuck it. I wanna do it. We can have this be the show opener, so it's before Danny's second match.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: S15.) "Victory In Defeat" | Jakeb Steel   S15.) "Victory In Defeat" | Jakeb Steel EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 5:02 pm

I didn't know you already had a match booked. If its too much trouble, we CAN hold it off until the Vendatta afterwards. Axel and I can have like a #1 contendership match for the tag titles or something. I don't really mind at all.

But if you're determined to double book yourself, then I'll see you at The Big Ass American Bash.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: S15.) "Victory In Defeat" | Jakeb Steel   S15.) "Victory In Defeat" | Jakeb Steel EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 5:03 pm

I'm fine with the double booking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: S15.) "Victory In Defeat" | Jakeb Steel   S15.) "Victory In Defeat" | Jakeb Steel EmptyTue Jun 03, 2014 5:11 pm

Alright. If you change your before then, cool with me.
Back to top Go down
Myke
Main Eventer
Myke

PostSubject: Re: S15.) "Victory In Defeat" | Jakeb Steel   S15.) "Victory In Defeat" | Jakeb Steel EmptyWed Jun 04, 2014 8:40 am

Shades of Bray Wyatt in this.

Not bad though. Good promo. But it's still not your world. You guys are no oWn.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: S15.) "Victory In Defeat" | Jakeb Steel   S15.) "Victory In Defeat" | Jakeb Steel Empty

Back to top Go down

S15.) "Victory In Defeat" | Jakeb Steel

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1