HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More  Empty
PostSubject: Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More    Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More  EmptyThu May 22, 2014 11:25 am

On Facebook yesterday, Mick Foley linked to part 2 of his Global Force Wrestling video blog and wrote the following:

"The first part got some great feedback, and I think this one will too. As long as we live in a world where Dolph Ziggler can't get a push, there need to be options for aspiring wrestlers."

Foley later wrote a follow-up on Twitter:

"The purpose of my post. I'm not to suggest that @HeelZiggler join @GFWWrestling - just using him as an example of how subjective @WWE decisions can be. I do agree that #DolphZiggler is a terrible ring name. A couple years ago, I sent a very detailed e-mail to the powers that be with a suggestion of how he could get out of the name, and simultaneously garner some mainstream media attention...but never heard back from those in charge"
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More    Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More  EmptyThu May 22, 2014 11:39 am

Even though I don't like Ziggler, Foley is getting annoying and now I want WWE to push him so he wont leave. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More    Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More  EmptyThu May 22, 2014 12:08 pm

I only have one question regarding this:

Was he wearing the fanny pack when writing this?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More    Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More  EmptyThu May 22, 2014 1:24 pm

Tho Mick is getting annoying with this post, He is just trying to help out the wrestling industry. Like most he is probably getting frustrated with WWE and how they do business now. He obviously feels that Ziggler is being miss used (imo he is). Good in the ring, good on the mic, and over with the fans should be more reason to have him be bigger than he is. (tho his attitude is most likely keeping him from that). I think for one think Ziggler should jump over to GFW. With the large talent of young guys waiting in NXT, guys like Ziggler will just be lost in all of it.

I for one can't wait for GFW to be on my TV. With learning from mistakes he made in TNA and getting a better investor and a better network to help along. (plus you know Toby Keith is helping) GFW could be that true 2nd big company at can actually rival the WWE. When there are two big companies then the wrestling business is better. Today if Wrestlers want to make it big, it's WWE or nothing. TNA is a sinking ship and is a far number 2 to WWE, plus Wrestlers won't get paid or little at all. Some guys aren't the WWE style WWE is looking for, so most will never live their dreams of being a house hold name so they will have to stick to the indies. But when there is a 2nd company that can actually rival the WWE people will have more of a choice to what to go to.

Vince rather he wants to admit it or not misses WCW because he loves to compete. When there is no true wrestling to compete with he tries to compete at other things. Movies, apps, Streaming and Football. When there is a 2nd company that can rival him in Wrestling it makes the WWE much better, which makes the wrestling business better.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More    Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More  EmptyThu May 22, 2014 1:43 pm

Mick Foley might as well just come on & join XWA now if all he is going to do is complain. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More    Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More  EmptyThu May 22, 2014 2:38 pm

Yeah That
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More    Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More  EmptyThu May 22, 2014 3:09 pm

I don't see him complaining. He's just a giant wrestling fan like we are and wants to see the best product possible.

Plus, Foley is awesome. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More    Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More  EmptyThu May 22, 2014 4:13 pm

But he's also criticizing the WWE which is apparently a big no no  I aint bothered. If it were TNA everyone would tell him he's spot on.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More    Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More  EmptyThu May 22, 2014 4:22 pm

Bull is a Rosebud! wrote:
Vince weather he wants to admit it or not misses WCW because he loves to compete. When there is no true wrestling to compete with he tries to compete at other things. Movies, apps, Streaming and Football. When there is a 2nd company that can rival him in Wrestling it makes the WWE much better, which makes the wrestling business better.

Yeah That
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More    Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More  EmptyThu May 22, 2014 5:28 pm

I would LOVE for Dolph Ziggler to be pushed like a legitimate athlete. ... But I still think the best chance he has at being the star I know he can be is in WWE. Maybe it'll take an injury to someone... but Dolph is too good to waste his time trying to build a company...

Unless Jarrett has a TV deal lined up on a MAJOR network (CMT is not major)

Ziggler should stay in WWE.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More    Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More  EmptyThu May 22, 2014 6:10 pm

Not saying he should be "The" building block, but a part of it.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More    Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More  EmptyThu May 22, 2014 6:50 pm

He shouldn't. Kurt Angle was already a legitimate megastar and he couldn't build TNA. Stay in WWE, Dolph. Deal with the storm. The grass isn't greener and it never will be.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More    Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More  EmptyThu May 22, 2014 6:53 pm

That isn't always true. I mean Austin missed used in WCW, got fired, Became one of the biggest names. Not saying Ziggler would have the same success, but you never know.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More    Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More  EmptyThu May 22, 2014 6:58 pm

That isn't always true. I mean Austin missed used in WCW, got fired, Became one of the biggest names. Not saying Ziggler would have the same success, but you never know.

Being "the guy" in Kentucky is still not as good as a couple of title runs in Stamford.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More    Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More  EmptyThu May 22, 2014 7:09 pm

Well it's a risk some people should take. It's a 50/50 right now if GFW will be that new rival WWE needs, but in life there are those who should take risk. Ziggler no matter what isn't going to be bigger than what he is. the fact is WWE has a bunch of young guys who can easily be put into spots throughout the card. With these young guys and the top talent right now, Ziggler is expendable to the WWE. So really he doesn't have much to risk if he made the jump. Because no matter what in WWE he has hit his peak. There is a chances GFW will be TNA 2.0 or The New Rival of WWE and I say it's worth the risk.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More    Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More  EmptyThu May 22, 2014 7:19 pm

Well it's a risk some people should take. It's a 50/50 right now if GFW will be that new rival WWE needs, but in life there are those who should take risk. Ziggler no matter what isn't going to be bigger than what he is. the fact is WWE has a bunch of young guys who can easily be put into spots throughout the card. With these young guys and the top talent right now, Ziggler is expendable to the WWE. So really he doesn't have much to risk if he made the jump. Because no matter what in WWE he has hit his peak. There is a chances GFW will be TNA 2.0 or The New Rival of WWE and I say it's worth the risk.

It's not 50/50. It's 99.99999 to 0.000001 that they won't be even close to a "rival." WWE has ruined the wrestling market. There are so many barriers to entry in terms of creating a touring, international promotion. GFW will spend their first five years of existence trying to get to TNA's height in 2009, if it ONLY takes five years. Ziggler is 33. He'll be 38 by the time GFW could draw a 1.5.

Ziggler is a two time world champion. They'll give him the belt again when it suits their storylines. He'll never be on the Cena level, nor the B+ Orton level... but he can be a guy that gets a title run, be on PPVs in front of 15K people, and get recycled through the system like they do with Mark Henry, Big Show, Kane, Jack Swagger, etc. Mark Henry just did a job to Ziggler and less than a year ago he was in a title match with Cena. Those third level guys go through extreme highs and lows as they're cycled through the system. Sure, Ziggler is low now but in less than a year, he'll be back up. Maybe not in the world title picture, but he'll have a legitimate feud and be one of the four or five main matches on a card.. And that's a whole lot better than wrestling Jeff Jarrett in the main event of a show in front of 500 people.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More    Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More  EmptyThu May 22, 2014 7:42 pm

There is always hope for the wrestling market. It takes one thing to start a spark which will start a fire. Just like every other media, wrestling has slump periods. Right now it could be in one of it's worst. I have hope that GFW will be the close Number 2, I have hope GFW will be that spark. I am not hoping for Monday night wars 2.0, I am for competition that will shake up wrestling for the good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More    Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More  EmptyThu May 22, 2014 7:58 pm

We dont even know if GFW will be able to compete with TNA yet, let alone WWE. One thing CMT has to do, if they pick the show up, is to not give it a 2 am time slot. People arent willing to stay up that late to watch an hour program that may or may not be taped in advance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More    Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More  EmptyThu May 22, 2014 8:02 pm

which is why it's at a 50/50 imo. Cause we don't know what GFW is doing right now. Jeff could be making the same mistakes like he did with TNA or he could have learned from it and is doing the right things.

All we have is hope that GFW will be something. Yeah TNA was a failure, but it takes a couple of fails to get a win. Like they say in pizza commercial, don't be afraid to fail.
Back to top Go down
Rellim
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Rellim

PostSubject: Re: Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More    Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More  EmptyThu May 22, 2014 8:12 pm

Either way I don't really care. I can't stand Dolph Ziggler.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More    Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More  EmptyThu May 22, 2014 8:12 pm

The stupid thing is TNA wasn't a failure until 2009 when Dixlover threw away their entire history.

Jeff Jarrett should announce six sides right now. Wrestling needs an alternative, not a competition.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More    Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More  EmptyThu May 22, 2014 8:13 pm

#Zigglerisbetter
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More    Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More  EmptyThu May 22, 2014 8:16 pm

you can be both
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More    Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More  EmptyFri May 23, 2014 8:24 am

Bull you gotta chill on expectations. You're gonna be really disappointed. Funny
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More    Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More  EmptyFri May 23, 2014 8:27 am

I really don't get how people can dislike Ziggler so much. Like, I can understand not liking his selling style. I personally love it, but I get that. But he's golden on the mic and, selling aside, great in the ring. There's a reason so many wrestlers and legends praise him.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More    Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More  Empty

Back to top Go down

Mick Foley Talks Dolph Ziggler's Lack Of Push And Terrible Ring Name, GFW, More

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next