HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pharrell Williams cries on Oprah

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Pharrell Williams cries on Oprah Empty
PostSubject: Pharrell Williams cries on Oprah   Pharrell Williams cries on Oprah EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 12:49 pm

Pharrell Williams wept with happiness over his success during an interview with Oprah Winfrey.

The 41-year-old star was overcome with emotion after the 'Oprah Prime' host showed him a montage of videos from all over the world that people had made to his song 'Happy', and he admitted he couldn't believe how popular the track had become.

He wept as Oprah said: ''You know, I was just thinking about your grandmother. I bet she didn't even imagine that.''

After Pharrell joked, ''Why am I crying on Oprah?, she responded, ''It's being used for something that's greater than yourself. I get that.''

Pharrell then explained his tears and said: ''It's overwhelming because it's like I love what I do and I just appreciate the fact that people have believed in me for so long, that I could make it to this point to feel that.''

The producer was particularly delighted by the song's success as it had struggled to get any radio play before its release.
He said: ''Zero air-play, nothing. And the next thing you know, we put out the video on November 21 and all of a sudden--boom. I mean, when I say boom, I mean boooooom.
''And we were like, what's happening? First of all, people are putting up their own videos. It was like no longer my song.''

The legendary talk show host later admitted on twitter the exchange of ''sincere and humbling'' moments had made Pharrell one of her ''favourite'' ever interviewees, much to his shock.

He responded: ''You can't imagine what that means coming from you, a rare force. So radiant.''
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: Pharrell Williams cries on Oprah   Pharrell Williams cries on Oprah EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 1:19 pm

It plays non-stop on every radio channel, so fucking annoying now. Shaking Head
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Pharrell Williams cries on Oprah   Pharrell Williams cries on Oprah EmptyTue Apr 15, 2014 1:21 pm

The song is annoying, but glad it's getting used for something like this.

Also, Pharrell is a vampire. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pharrell Williams cries on Oprah   Pharrell Williams cries on Oprah Empty

Back to top Go down

Pharrell Williams cries on Oprah

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1