HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What Classifies a writer as "great?"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Caleb
HOFer
HOFer
Caleb

What Classifies a writer as "great?" Empty
PostSubject: What Classifies a writer as "great?"   What Classifies a writer as "great?" EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 10:36 pm

Seeing the debate over Megaman shows that we all have some extremely different opinions on the matter. Many people say Mega just made his matches long and that's why he won, whereas others say that his matches were amazing to read. So what makes a match worth reading to you guys? What aspects of match-writing do you think makes a writer amazing?
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: What Classifies a writer as "great?"   What Classifies a writer as "great?" EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 10:41 pm

Entertainment to me is the top factor in making a match great. Behind that is storytelling and then realism. After that, description.

I don't care about the length of a match, unless it's way too short or way too long. Don't care about entrances, commentary, SPAG (unless it's borderline unreadable), etc.

Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: What Classifies a writer as "great?"   What Classifies a writer as "great?" EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 11:08 pm

Having stories that are told through actions - not actions that are actions for the sake of actions. Making it entertaining is essential as well...

What Classifies a writer as "great?" FJBloTX
What Classifies a writer as "great?" Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Classifies a writer as "great?"   What Classifies a writer as "great?" EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 11:14 pm

What Snoopz and Ian said.

Not the length, but the actual story-telling...realism and entertainment.
Who cares about entrances and how many moves were used in a match.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Classifies a writer as "great?"   What Classifies a writer as "great?" EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 12:12 am

Yeah I like Entertainment, Realism and Storytelling. Pretty much what Justin and Ian said.

I can't read long ass matches. I usually skim it, unless it's good.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: What Classifies a writer as "great?"   What Classifies a writer as "great?" EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 10:48 am

The title is "what classifies a writer as great" but everyone's talking about match types. Funny

What makes a writer great is that they can come up with good, original ideas, they can describe the action in a proper manner and not "he jumps then he turns around and throws him then he suplexes him then he picks him up and rko's him", they don't no show too much, and they find ways to captivate the reader.

What makes a match good is that it has a good story behind it, it has great entertainment, and it is written in the form that if this were a match in real life, it would be a good match (which is Mega's biggest selling point, not his length. Reading his matches felt like I was watching it in real life.)

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: What Classifies a writer as "great?"   What Classifies a writer as "great?" EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 11:09 am

Fuck you, Razor, I worked hard on that post.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: What Classifies a writer as "great?"   What Classifies a writer as "great?" EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 11:22 am

I know you did Mink, and for that, you get a cookie. I aint bothered

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Classifies a writer as "great?"   What Classifies a writer as "great?" EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 11:57 am

A great writer keeps people interested and entertained and that's about the gist of it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Classifies a writer as "great?"   What Classifies a writer as "great?" Empty

Back to top Go down

What Classifies a writer as "great?"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1