HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alan Partridge to return for Alpha Papa sequel

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

Alan Partridge to return for Alpha Papa sequel Empty
PostSubject: Alan Partridge to return for Alpha Papa sequel   Alan Partridge to return for Alpha Papa sequel EmptyFri Apr 04, 2014 1:53 pm

Alan Partridge will be back on the big screen for a second Alpha Papa instalment, filmmakers have confirmed.

Steve Coogan is set to reprise his role as the fictional comedic DJ with a new movie in the pipeline.

“We are planning a sequel, yes, that will be great,” Henry Normal, who co-founded Coogan’s Baby Cow production company, told the Guardian.

Normal also revealed that the BBC rejected another run of Alan Partridge’s Mid Morning Matters in 2012 before Sky Atlantic gave it a home.

“Obviously the BBC has been involved with Partridge and we did go to see the BBC, but they said they didn’t want a second series, they wanted something different,” he said.

Coogan’s eccentric character went on to star in Alan Partridge: Welcome to the Places of My Life, Alan Partridge on Open Books with Martin Bryce and finally, Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa last year, which grossed over £6 million in the UK.

Normal hinted that a new one-off Sky Atlantic special is in the works. “It’s a little bit like Coast with Alan Partridge except I don’t think he goes out of Norfolk,” he said. “I think it’s things of interest in Norfolk, that’s the general theme.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV

Alan Partridge to return for Alpha Papa sequel

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1