HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MMO Racer World of Speed is Free, Not “Free-to-Play”, Stresses Dev

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

MMO Racer World of Speed is Free, Not “Free-to-Play”, Stresses Dev Empty
PostSubject: MMO Racer World of Speed is Free, Not “Free-to-Play”, Stresses Dev   MMO Racer World of Speed is Free, Not “Free-to-Play”, Stresses Dev EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 2:34 pm

Quote :

Slightly Mad Studios creative director Andy Tudor has stressed that the UK-based developer’s new MMO racer World of Speed will be free, not simply free-to-play.

“It’s not free-to-play, it’s free,” Tudor told Edge Online. “It’s very obvious when you start putting walls into your game that require people to pay money to get over.”

“I don’t know why games do it; we’re certainly not going to do that, ever. It’s also annoying when another player gets an advantage because they’ve put money into the game. We will never have a super-nitrous pack that will allow somebody to accelerate away from you.

“We expect you to get to the upper echelons of the game, with the best kit and best cars, and not have spent a single penny.”

Slightly Mad Studios is currently working on both World of Speed and the simulation-focussed Project CARS but studio boss Ian Bell has assured fans that the development of its arcade MMO racer has had no negative impact on Project CARS. In fact, Bell asserted the added funding World of Speed has picked up has allowed the studio to expand its staff and that Project CARS is set to benefit from a host of vehicles and licenses it would not have secured under normal circumstances.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/04/02/mmo-racer-world-of-speed-is-free-not-afree-to-playa-stresses-dev
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: MMO Racer World of Speed is Free, Not “Free-to-Play”, Stresses Dev   MMO Racer World of Speed is Free, Not “Free-to-Play”, Stresses Dev EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 3:20 pm

If they really are doing this, I give them huge props. It means a lot of dedication to gaming when you're willing to put money into making something and not get anything out of it. But I doubt they are honestly, I think they're gonna wait to get huge and then start charging.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: MMO Racer World of Speed is Free, Not “Free-to-Play”, Stresses Dev   MMO Racer World of Speed is Free, Not “Free-to-Play”, Stresses Dev EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 4:44 pm

Probs' a shit game then xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MMO Racer World of Speed is Free, Not “Free-to-Play”, Stresses Dev   MMO Racer World of Speed is Free, Not “Free-to-Play”, Stresses Dev Empty

Back to top Go down

MMO Racer World of Speed is Free, Not “Free-to-Play”, Stresses Dev

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1