HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ivan Reitman quits Ghostbusters 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Ivan Reitman quits Ghostbusters 3 Empty
PostSubject: Ivan Reitman quits Ghostbusters 3   Ivan Reitman quits Ghostbusters 3 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 12:38 pm

Production on Sony’s latest instalment of “Ghostbusters” is due to begin early next year in New York, however director Ivan Rietman is no longer on board the project.

Following the death of his long-time friend and the original Ghostbuster Harold Ramis, Reitman has decided to pull out, opting instead to help find a new director to helm the pic.

“When I came back from Harold’s funeral, it was really moving and it made me think about a lot of things,” Reitman told Deadline. “I’d just finished directing Draft Day, which I’m really happy with and proud of. Working on a film that is smaller and more dramatic was so much fun and satisfying. I just finally met with Amy [Pascal] and Doug Belgrad when I got back. I said I’d been thinking about it for weeks, that I’d rather just produce this Ghostbusters. I told them I thought I could help but let’s find a really good director and make it with him.”

Reitman also spoke of his relationship with Harold Ramis:

“A lot of things happened in the last few months, the most significant of which was the passing of Harold, who was a very good friend who was extraordinarily influential in my career. We did five movies together including both Ghostbusters.”

It is not yet known who will take Reitman’s directorial position.

http://moviehole.net/201474585ivan-reitman-quits-ghostbusters-3
Back to top Go down

Ivan Reitman quits Ghostbusters 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1