Things you find annoying in efedding?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

Things you find annoying in efedding? Empty
PostSubject: Things you find annoying in efedding?   Things you find annoying in efedding? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 8:03 am

What things annoy you in this crazy hobby we do? Any general pet peeves? Something specific to XWA?

Note; Razor doesn't count. That's a given.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Things you find annoying in efedding?   Things you find annoying in efedding? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 8:29 am

As a GM:

Fluff - Any unnecessary 'description.' Often unnecessary details or things that don't make sense. Kills the flow of the read...

Things you find annoying in efedding? FJBloTX
Things you find annoying in efedding? Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things you find annoying in efedding?   Things you find annoying in efedding? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 9:05 am

The whole process Funny That's why I gave it up

Timing was always a problem. For me anyway it used to take me ages to write a match and I didn't like that so I said feck it and stopped.
Back to top Go down
Caine
Superkick Party
Superkick Party
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Things you find annoying in efedding?   Things you find annoying in efedding? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 9:10 am

People who edit their characters during the week and dont tell anybody.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Things you find annoying in efedding?   Things you find annoying in efedding? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 10:38 am

^
As the GM realises what happened, you should never get in trouble for their stupidity.

For me, as a person who has made graphics for the fed for years, people who change pic bases virtually every week. Just fucking pick one and stick with it. It's irritating as hell having to update and change pieces all the time.

Also, people who constantly post last minute matches that are always horse shit. Just concede you never have enough time, of take a break for a bit to rejuvenate. Also particularly hate this when their opponent no shows and they post a shitty one line match. If anyone does that, I'd have them DQ'd and the no shower wins. Always annoyed me that. Post something at least semi-decent and continues a storyline forward...
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Things you find annoying in efedding?   Things you find annoying in efedding? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 11:15 am

Meh. It's my belief that even an awful match is better than a no-show.

Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Things you find annoying in efedding?   Things you find annoying in efedding? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 11:26 am

Not one liner shit though. It's embarrassing...
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Things you find annoying in efedding?   Things you find annoying in efedding? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 11:31 am

Well, I just pretend a one-liner match didn't happen in canon. It determines the winner, but a more reasonable thing happened in story line, if that makes sense.

Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Things you find annoying in efedding?   Things you find annoying in efedding? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 11:46 am

Yeah, I understand that.

I just hate seeing it as it's a clear indication that person didn't write any of their match or even attempt to.

Last edited by Chilly on Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Things you find annoying in efedding?   Things you find annoying in efedding? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 12:14 pm

When a really big/important match is no showed for.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
Kanimaniac
Middle Carder
Kanimaniac

PostSubject: Re: Things you find annoying in efedding?   Things you find annoying in efedding? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 12:38 pm

Like King of Xtreme 2010?

Trollface! 
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Things you find annoying in efedding?   Things you find annoying in efedding? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 12:40 pm

It was my birthday! Mad as hell

Also Mega lied and said I would get time Sad

Also, it was 4 years ago! Rematch me 1v1 bich! Mad as hell

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Kanimaniac
Middle Carder
Kanimaniac

PostSubject: Re: Things you find annoying in efedding?   Things you find annoying in efedding? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 12:52 pm

Let's do it right here, right now.

*rips off clothes to reveal wrestling tights*
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Things you find annoying in efedding?   Things you find annoying in efedding? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 1:06 pm

Bring it, bitch!

*Rips off clothes to reveal a thong... rips off thong to reveal wrestling trunks*

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Kanimaniac
Middle Carder
Kanimaniac

PostSubject: Re: Things you find annoying in efedding?   Things you find annoying in efedding? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 1:14 pm

Funny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things you find annoying in efedding?   Things you find annoying in efedding? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 1:47 pm

Chilly just indirectly flaming me there. Sad

Seriously, though, when me and someone plan a feud for months for him to no-show the match. Or when someone bitches about losing the match.
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Things you find annoying in efedding?   Things you find annoying in efedding? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 2:11 pm

Not all of these relate to XWA.

Lack of originality - I've spoken about this before, and obviously we're not going to change each other's opinion, so don't moan. I just don't see the point of having so many different options available to you, and narrowing yourself to being exactly like an existing wrestler. People seem to like it though, so whatever. Plagiarism is obviously an extreme of this that shouldn't be tolerated.

Fedheads who clearly suck copious amounts of balls, but are main eventers anyway.

People who post 20,000 word posts. Nothing wrong with it, it just makes me feel inferior.

The fact that being face seems so unpopular.

I think TJ bought this up before, in another thread, but the fact that most characters are these Bryan/Punk style mid-sized technicians.

Not sure this is still relevant, but back in the day in 2WWF, we must have had about seven or eight guys using the RKO as a finisher. With all the hundreds of moves in wrestling, it's a bit annoying that people seem to stick to the same few moves. Obviously you can't go and say "right, you're not allowed to use that move" so it's not something I'm hugely annoyed by. Unless it's something like a 400lb guy dong a corkscrew moonsault, then I'll be annoyed.

Razor. IT HAS TO BE SAID, CHILLY. IT HAS TO BE SAID.

How some people seem to think that promos/matches need colour and formatting. Fuck you, if I'm in a fed I'm there to write, not to make pretty little colourful word patterns to entertain your simple mind. Do you refuse to read books because the characters only talk in black font?

The fact that I don't actually like fedding anymore.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Things you find annoying in efedding?   Things you find annoying in efedding? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 3:20 pm

Mink wrote:

Lack of originality - I've spoken about this before, and obviously we're not going to change each other's opinion, so don't moan. I just don't see the point of having so many different options available to you, and narrowing yourself to being exactly like an existing wrestler. People seem to like it though, so whatever. Plagiarism is obviously an extreme of this that shouldn't be tolerated.

Fedheads who clearly suck copious amounts of balls, but are main eventers anyway.

People who post 20,000 word posts. Nothing wrong with it, it just makes me feel inferior.

The fact that being face seems so unpopular.

I think TJ bought this up before, in another thread, but the fact that most characters are these Bryan/Punk style mid-sized technicians.

Not sure this is still relevant, but back in the day in 2WWF, we must have had about seven or eight guys using the RKO as a finisher. With all the hundreds of moves in wrestling, it's a bit annoying that people seem to stick to the same few moves. Obviously you can't go and say "right, you're not allowed to use that move" so it's not something I'm hugely annoyed by. Unless it's something like a 400lb guy dong a corkscrew moonsault, then I'll be annoyed.

Razor. IT HAS TO BE SAID, CHILLY. IT HAS TO BE SAID.

How some people seem to think that promos/matches need colour and formatting. Fuck you, if I'm in a fed I'm there to write, not to make pretty little colourful word patterns to entertain your simple mind. Do you refuse to read books because the characters only talk in black font?

The fact that I don't actually like fedding anymore.

Minkaro wrote:

Agreed... I would change but I've tried writing as another character and it just doesn't work. Evan is basically me. Aside from the bitchin afro

Minkaro wrote:

Might be a lowkey shot at me? I don't know. Funny

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things you find annoying in efedding?   Things you find annoying in efedding? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 3:23 pm

^I don't think you suck a copious amount of balls...
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Things you find annoying in efedding?   Things you find annoying in efedding? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 3:27 pm

What other fed heads could he be talking about, though? Funny

Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Things you find annoying in efedding?   Things you find annoying in efedding? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 3:40 pm

LEARN TO READ YOU SLAG.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Things you find annoying in efedding?   Things you find annoying in efedding? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 3:41 pm

I know and considered that. I just figured you were speaking from an example and didn't know which fed head you'd been under that was dog shit.

Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Things you find annoying in efedding?   Things you find annoying in efedding? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 3:47 pm

I agree with the Punk/Bryan one, which is why I got rid of Razor and brought in Maddox.

To be fair, Razor is 235 and 6'4, so he's not tiny, but he was meant to be something of a Punk-style wrestler in the ring.

Nonetheless, Maddox is an agile powerhouse, so it's fun to write matches with him against technical Punk/Bryan characters.

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Things you find annoying in efedding?   Things you find annoying in efedding? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 4:07 pm

It's hard to write brawls out, too. Only so many times you can write the word punch. Funny

Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Things you find annoying in efedding?   Things you find annoying in efedding? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 4:36 pm

Really? I find writing brawls out to be fairly easy. I don\'t know

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things you find annoying in efedding?   Things you find annoying in efedding? Empty

Back to top Go down

Things you find annoying in efedding?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next