HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Impact's low rating being blamed on NXT Arrival?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Impact's low rating being blamed on NXT Arrival? Empty
PostSubject: Impact's low rating being blamed on NXT Arrival?   Impact's low rating being blamed on NXT Arrival? EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 6:38 pm

TNA Impact on Thursday, February 27 scored a 0.94 rating, essentially even with last week's 0.95 rating.

It's been four months since back-to-back Impact episodes were at this level, dating back to October 31 and November 7, 2013 when those episodes scored 0.93 and 0.90 ratings, respectively.

- Impact did not register a TV viewership figure on Thursday night. Impact was not in the Top 50 rankings of total viewers on cable TV, with the #50 show drawing 1.086 million viewers.

By comparison, Impact's lead-in on Spike TV, "Cops," drew 1.250 million viewers on Thursday night.

- Impact did not register an adult 18-34, adult 18-49, or teen male rating.

The only demographics that registered were males 18-34, which was down two-tenth of rating from last week, and m18-49 & m12-34, which were both down one-tenth.

Impact's top competition was the "NXT Arrival" program on WWE Network and the season premiere of "Vikings" on History Channel, which drew 3.5 million viewers against Impact's second hour and drew a strong male-heavy audience targeting Impact's demo.

Caldwell's Analysis: NXT Arrival likely had the biggest effect on TNA Impact's audience last night. We don't have data on Network viewership, but it's reasonable to conclude that hype surrounding Week 1 of the Network and the first live, in-ring show on Thursday night drew people away from Impact.

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/TNA_News_1/article_76703.shtml#.UxEdhPldWSo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Impact's low rating being blamed on NXT Arrival?   Impact's low rating being blamed on NXT Arrival? EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 6:40 pm

Considering people have the option to watch 2 shows at once, i'm having a hard time believing an INTERNET SHOW is the reason why a TELEVISION PROGRAM got low ratings.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Impact's low rating being blamed on NXT Arrival?   Impact's low rating being blamed on NXT Arrival? EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 7:15 pm

Perhaps people used their TVs to watch NXT Arrival? (Like... PS3/4 thing, or XBox thing /doesn't own any of them/ ) I believe that's quite possible.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Impact's low rating being blamed on NXT Arrival?   Impact's low rating being blamed on NXT Arrival? EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 7:23 pm

Dead wrote:
Considering people have the option to watch 2 shows at once, i'm having a hard time believing an INTERNET SHOW is the reason why a TELEVISION PROGRAM got low ratings.

Because alot of people don't have their TV right next to their PC and they chose the PC to watch a free show thats coming with a free trial? and thats not even counting what Zanon said above.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Impact's low rating being blamed on NXT Arrival?   Impact's low rating being blamed on NXT Arrival? EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 7:24 pm

Well if that's true it's only .01 that left to watch NXT.

Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Impact's low rating being blamed on NXT Arrival?   Impact's low rating being blamed on NXT Arrival? EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 7:25 pm

Still. I think it's unlikely that TNA going from .95 to .94 is completely on NXT... NXT wasn't around last week when they got a .95

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Impact's low rating being blamed on NXT Arrival?   Impact's low rating being blamed on NXT Arrival? EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 7:30 pm

Fail!
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Impact's low rating being blamed on NXT Arrival?   Impact's low rating being blamed on NXT Arrival? EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 11:17 pm

NXT being the reason your ratings suck kinda makes me lul. Let's think about the list of people that played key roles on the show.

Antonio Cesaro
Sami Zayn
Paige
Emma
Bo Dallas
Adrian Neville

If that ruins your ratings... I uh...

I hope NXT doesn't go live on Thursday nights. Funny

Impact's low rating being blamed on NXT Arrival? FJBloTX
Impact's low rating being blamed on NXT Arrival? Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Impact's low rating being blamed on NXT Arrival?   Impact's low rating being blamed on NXT Arrival? EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 11:32 pm

TNA can't blame NXT for low ratings when Everybody Loves Raymond re-runs even beat this show in ratings. A show that went off the air like almost 10 years ago is TNA's competition.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Impact's low rating being blamed on NXT Arrival?   Impact's low rating being blamed on NXT Arrival? EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 11:34 pm

Everybody Loves Raymond tho. That's not fair competition. Bold

Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Impact's low rating being blamed on NXT Arrival?   Impact's low rating being blamed on NXT Arrival? EmptyFri Feb 28, 2014 11:35 pm

What if I told you that the WNBA also beats TNA in ratings?
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Impact's low rating being blamed on NXT Arrival?   Impact's low rating being blamed on NXT Arrival? EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 12:31 am

Shocked

I did like a double take. That W NBA? THE WOMAN'S NBA? THE ONE WITH BRITTNEY FUCKING GRINER?!

ROFL!

Nah you playin right

Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Impact's low rating being blamed on NXT Arrival?   Impact's low rating being blamed on NXT Arrival? EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 3:46 am

This reminds me of when they celebrated the fact they got a higher rating than ECW on SciFi.

Leo
Cenation
Cenation
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Impact's low rating being blamed on NXT Arrival?   Impact's low rating being blamed on NXT Arrival? EmptySat Mar 01, 2014 1:57 pm

They have low ratings cause they garb, simple. I aint bothered

Back to top Go down
http://www.xwa-universe.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Impact's low rating being blamed on NXT Arrival?   Impact's low rating being blamed on NXT Arrival? Empty

Back to top Go down

Impact's low rating being blamed on NXT Arrival?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1