HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Piers Morgan Live axed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Piers Morgan Live axed Empty
PostSubject: Piers Morgan Live axed   Piers Morgan Live axed EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 11:33 am

CNN have axed 'Piers Morgan Live'.
The news network have confirmed the nightly show - which was previously known as 'Piers Morgan Tonight' - is coming to an end after over three years, though the exact date of the final programme is yet to be determined.

The British presenter told the New York Times newspaper he and CNN president Jeff Zucker had discussed the future of the programme last week and decided to cancel it following ''painful'' ratings, which he believes is due to a failure to ''connect'' with American people.
He said:''It's been a painful period and lately we have taken a bath in the ratings.

''Look, I am a British guy debating American cultural issues, including guns, which has been very polarising, and there is no doubt that there are many in the audience who are tired of me banging on about it. That's run its course and Jeff and I have been talking for some time about different ways of using me.''

The former 'America's Got Talent' judge is hoping to stay with the network in a show that is ''better suited'' to his skills.

He added: ''I think I can credibly do news and the ratings reflect that, but it is not really the show that I set out to do. There are all kinds of people who can do news here.
''I'd like to do work - interviews with big celebrities and powerful people - that is better suited to what I do well and fit with what Jeff is trying to do with the network.''
Piers, 48, began hosting 'Piers Morgan Tonight' in January 2011, with the show changing its name in March 2013.
A replacement for his 9pm weeknightly slot has yet to be announced.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Piers Morgan Live axed   Piers Morgan Live axed EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 4:21 pm

Piers Morgan axed before Wenger? OMG!
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Piers Morgan Live axed   Piers Morgan Live axed EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 6:34 pm

Dude is a prick anyway I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Piers Morgan Live axed   Piers Morgan Live axed Empty

Back to top Go down

Piers Morgan Live axed

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1