HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Salutations and othersuch.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
IATO
Jobber
IATO

Salutations and othersuch.  Empty
PostSubject: Salutations and othersuch.    Salutations and othersuch.  EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 3:38 pm

Hey there.

You may or may not have noticed me slowly and silently lurking the forums for the last few days now, so I figured it was probably about time I introduced myself before you set up regular armed patrols to capture and interrogate me. Razz

I'm IATO (abbreviated from 'Iamtheone', my usual handler tag of days gone by), started fedding almost nine years ago, but haven't really been very active on the scene for maybe about a year and a half to two years now.

But I'm bored of of being a fed hermit, and after scouting and assessing at least a dozen different potential e-feds, I ended up here (and funnily enough, I already recognise a few names from my fedding past - Caine and Axel, I'm looking at you guys).

Oh, and then there's the basics - you can call me Morty (IATO is also acceptable, as is "Oi, dickhead"), I'm 21, and I'm from gloriously shitty Britain. So y'know. Hi, and stuff.

Fireworks! 

Bad-ass smilies here btw.  Stoner 
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and othersuch.    Salutations and othersuch.  EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 3:46 pm

Nice intro, and welcome to the site! good job(also you're very right about the smileys)

An Admin and/or GM will probably explain some basic things to you shortly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrestling-united.com
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and othersuch.    Salutations and othersuch.  EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 3:48 pm

Salutations? God, I bet Axel loves you.

Welcome Big Grin!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and othersuch.    Salutations and othersuch.  EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 3:56 pm

Heeeey there Morty, welcome. Smile

I'm Abdelrahman, a GM here. You can call me Abdel, Abd or just about anything you want lol.

Here in XWA we have two feds, XWA and 2WWF. Both are match-writing, but in XWA you have to write the full match, same with your opponent, and the better match will be chosen in the gradings.

In 2WWF, since you seem to know Axel and Caine then I think you know what turn-based is. Basically you do a part of the match and your opponent continues it, or vice versa.

So yeah, welcome, if you need anything, PM those people in light purple (my colour) or blue, and we will all be happy to help. Smile
Back to top Go down
IATO
Jobber
IATO

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and othersuch.    Salutations and othersuch.  EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 4:01 pm

Excellent, cheers Abd! Turn-based is what I'm most familiar with, so I'll probably find my way over to 2WWF before long.  Cool 

And thanks for the welcome guys, I'm glad to be here.  Happy 
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and othersuch.    Salutations and othersuch.  EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 4:34 pm

Welcome to the forum Hello
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and othersuch.    Salutations and othersuch.  EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 4:41 pm

Well i don't recognize you, so you got me curious now as to who and from where then.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and othersuch.    Salutations and othersuch.  EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 4:46 pm

Welcome IATO. Your name actually sounds somewhat familiar, but I don't think we've ever met. Hope that changes.
Back to top Go down
IATO
Jobber
IATO

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and othersuch.    Salutations and othersuch.  EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 4:49 pm

Aww, Axel, as if you could forget me? In all seriousness, I don't blame you. I was a major player in the WWA, which if memory serves you may have joined for a very brief time, and I also had a few stints in RIW during that period when the two feds had a bit of crossover (DreamZ came over to WWA briefly, I think you did too, me and Caine went over to RIW for a little while, and Josh/Ace Johnson consistently juggled both). We never had a great deal of interaction with each other, but I remember speaking to you once or twice and your character name has stuck in my head since.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and othersuch.    Salutations and othersuch.  EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 4:51 pm

Wait, I was in WWA! That's where your name sounds familiar.
Back to top Go down
IATO
Jobber
IATO

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and othersuch.    Salutations and othersuch.  EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 4:52 pm

Oh, you were? Awesome! Sorry I don't remember you, it's been a while - did you go by the name Razor in the dubs too?
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and othersuch.    Salutations and othersuch.  EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 4:55 pm

Razor Xtreme, yes. However, I don't think I used Razor for more than 1 match. I used Kobra Kahn and Steven Rex there. Who did you use again? Your username sounds very familiar.
Back to top Go down
IATO
Jobber
IATO

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and othersuch.    Salutations and othersuch.  EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 4:58 pm

Steven Rex rings a vague, distant bell in the mists of my subconscious. Not sure about Kobra Kahn though. I predominantly used "The Conman" Jonathan Carlisle in the WWA, but I had stints as a bunch of other CAWs too, and had quite a lot of success with Jeff Hardy during my earlier years there. WWA is pretty much a Museum nowadays sadly, but I'm tempted to go back and search for you, see if it jogs my memory. Razor Xtreme is definitely a username I've seen before.
Back to top Go down
IATO
Jobber
IATO

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and othersuch.    Salutations and othersuch.  EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 5:01 pm

Aha! I do remember you! Wow, three blasts from the past in one e-fed. This is pretty cool.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and othersuch.    Salutations and othersuch.  EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 5:04 pm

I was barely in WWA and didnt really care for the biased politicking and the way things HAD to be formatted so sadly I wont remember you from there. I mean a place where people can write so much but a guy who does like 2/3 sentences for a post is considered a main eventer and no one else can do it and be high up? Forget that place for me Funny
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and othersuch.    Salutations and othersuch.  EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 5:06 pm

Haha awesome. I feel like we had a match though. I remember having a match against someone named IATO but that could just be my weird memory. Funny I was on there near the end of 2010 to the start of 2011 and then I quit all feds altogether.
Back to top Go down
IATO
Jobber
IATO

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and othersuch.    Salutations and othersuch.  EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 5:10 pm

You and I seem to have very different memories of WWA, Axel. It was possibly the least political e-fed I ever participated in, which is why I stuck around for so long. And half of our members had their own, unique styles of formatting too, which was never an issue there. I know it probably just sounds like I'm trying to defend the ol' place, but I genuinely don't have the first clue what you're talking about.   I don\'t know 

To each their own though, I suppose it could have felt like a different environment to a newbie trying to make their way in. Ancient history anyway. But I do remember you from RIW as well (which, incidentally, I always felt was a politically-biased fed - I'll be interested to see if you agree or not).
Back to top Go down
IATO
Jobber
IATO

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and othersuch.    Salutations and othersuch.  EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 5:11 pm

We might well have had a match, Razor. But if we did, I don't remember it. Perhaps one day we'll have another.  Cool 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and othersuch.    Salutations and othersuch.  EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 5:14 pm

Depends who was in charge, there were biased people in charge of RIW at times such as Bullet.

What was your charachter in RIW then as I have a higher chance of recalling that.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and othersuch.    Salutations and othersuch.  EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 5:17 pm

I hope so! Except I'm on Vendetta, not 2W Funny

Also, I liked WWA when I was there in 2010, the GM was great. But I returned in around 2012, there was some new GM, and I didn't like him tbh. There was some battle royal for the WWA World title, me and this other guy were the only ones who showed for it. Not to say I'm good or anything, but I honestly feel I completely destroyed him. His posts didn't make sense at all, his grammar was awful, I had to re-read his posts like 4-5 times to understand what was happening, and he barely had any action. I posted more than he did, and I like to think a bit better too, and I lost. The GM at the time didn't even explain why I had lost, they just said I lost. I felt like I lost because I was new and they didnt want a new guy as World champ. Nonetheless, I loved WWA in 2010/beginning of 2011, I just didn't stick around after that loss in 2012 as I honestly felt I had won without question. It was also the only time I lost there, so there's that. Funny
Back to top Go down
IATO
Jobber
IATO

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and othersuch.    Salutations and othersuch.  EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 5:19 pm

Off the top of my head, I honestly couldn't tell you. I only spent a couple of months there in total, and I spent that time trying to iron out potential new characters for prolonged fedding careers, but I struggled to juggle it with my priorities in WWA. If I remember (or can be arsed searching), I'll let you know. But I'm not too surprised you don't really remember me, I only really remember you by name.

And I'm glad you agree about Bullet. Never did like that guy, or The Way He'd Always Type Like This.
Back to top Go down
IATO
Jobber
IATO

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and othersuch.    Salutations and othersuch.  EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 5:27 pm

Razor wrote:
But I returned in around 2012, there was some new GM, and I didn't like him tbh. There was some battle royal for the WWA World title, me and this other guy were the only ones who showed for it. Not to say I'm good or anything, but I honestly feel I completely destroyed him. His posts didn't make sense at all, his grammar was awful, I had to re-read his posts like 4-5 times to understand what was happening, and he barely had any action. I posted more than he did, and I like to think a bit better too, and I lost. The GM at the time didn't even explain why I had lost, they just said I lost. I felt like I lost because I was new and they didnt want a new guy as World champ.

Sadly, WWA was on death's door by 2012, the place was in serious decline and management was all over the shop. I'm not really surprised. I can't fault you for leaving again, everyone with more sense than nostalgia was starting to do the same.  Crying or Very sad 
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and othersuch.    Salutations and othersuch.  EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 5:33 pm

Yeah... Although still, I had some good memories there in 2010/2011 so it's all good.
Back to top Go down
IATO
Jobber
IATO

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and othersuch.    Salutations and othersuch.  EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 5:37 pm

Well that was a lovely little trip down memory lane, but it's probably time to cut it short.  walk 

I'll probably try and get my character profile posted sometime tonight, but thanks again for the welcome everyone. I'm liking this place already.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and othersuch.    Salutations and othersuch.  EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 5:38 pm

Glad you are. Hope you stay with us. good job
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Salutations and othersuch.    Salutations and othersuch.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Salutations and othersuch.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next