HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DC Extended Universe

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next

DC Extended Universe - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   DC Extended Universe - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 12:54 am

Razor X-Scream wrote:
I thought Deathstroke was a complete badass in TT?

He was, its just that being in anything related to TT brings the potential to be defeated by the TT, and anytime I saw Deathstroke get defeated by the Titans made me want to bomb a high school or something lol

Basically, I just don't see how untrained teenagers could defeat Deathstroke. Even with each having Superpowers and working as a team.

Plus, the modern incarnation of the Teen Titans sucks dick. The original with Robin (Dick Grayson), Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy, and Cyborg were awesome (ok, they may not be the original, but I loved that cartoon as a kid lol). Now its Red Robin (Tim Drake, who is awesome), some gay Mexican (literally is a gay Mexican) who makes purple energy bricks, Wonder Girl, some girl made of black clouds, Kid Flash, Super Boy, and some bug girl. Its sucks dong Funny
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   DC Extended Universe - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 1:53 am

Wait really? I thought the Teen Titans were Robin (Grayson), SF, Raven, BB, and Borg? I'm sure if they made a movie, it'd be based off them, they are the most popular titans.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the Titans could beat Slade. Robin alone wouldnt, but he'd put on a great fight, with SF, Raven, Borg and Beast, they could believably take out Slade, even though he'd put on a great fight. I loved watching him as a villain in TT, he was such a badass. Funny
Back to top Go down
Silver_Shadow
Jobber
Silver_Shadow

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   DC Extended Universe - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 1:58 am

Stinger8 wrote:
Razor X-Scream wrote:
I thought Deathstroke was a complete badass in TT?
He was, its just that being in anything related to TT brings the potential to be defeated by the TT, and anytime I saw Deathstroke get defeated by the Titans made me want to bomb a high school or something lol

Basically, I just don't see how untrained teenagers could defeat Deathstroke. Even with each having Superpowers and working as a team.

Plus, the modern incarnation of the Teen Titans sucks dick. The original with Robin (Dick Grayson), Starfire, Raven, Beast Boy, and Cyborg were awesome (ok, they may not be the original, but I loved that cartoon as a kid lol). Now its Red Robin (Tim Drake, who is awesome), some gay Mexican (literally is a gay Mexican) who makes purple energy bricks, Wonder Girl, some girl made of black clouds, Kid Flash, Super Boy, and some bug girl. Its sucks dong Funny
I disagree, I think A Teen Titans movie would be awesome, just make them young adults (in the 17-20 age range). Nightwing, Starfire, Beastboy, Raven, Cyborg, Static, Blue Beetle, and Traci 13 would make for an awesome roster (if you don't want to use the sidekicks aka Young Justice people that is). The Titans also have other villains like Trigon, The HIVE, Fearsome Five (ehh), or Brother Blood...etc so Deathstroke isn't necessary, unless of course you do the Judas Contract storyline which involves Terra.

PS. The current Teen Titans definitely sucks, but that gay Mexican character (Bunker) is pretty cool imo.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   DC Extended Universe - Page 6 EmptyMon Nov 11, 2013 2:24 am

@Razor: I would hope so, but lately DC wants its characters to be portrayed in film in the way it is currently being shown in the comics, since it helps with sales. And yeah, I'm unbelievably biased when it comes to that Teen Titans cartoon. I loved it as a kid, and so everything they did was gold to me. Even though they made Slade look like an evil genius rather than an uncaring assassin. Any other place that would've annoyed me, but in that show it was awesome. Luckily, Deathstroke has such a badass first name that it didn't matter that Cartoon Network wouldn't allow him to be called Deathstroke, being called Slade works just as well. Bottom line, I love everything about that show. Voice acting was great, and they nailed the characters in a way that was funny, and yet could still be taken seriously.  

@Silver: Yeah see, I don't want Nightwing anywhere near the Teen Titans. Robin belongs there, but not Nightwing. So you either use Grayson as Robin, or use Drake as Robin. And I would agree with that roster minus Traci 13. I know they have other villains, but given that Deathstroke is still considered their arch nemesis, I guarantee he would be in the first movie. There's just no way they do a TT movie without Slade. Since everyone likes to do things in 3, I would see the TT movies being Slade, then Brother Blood, then Trigon with Slade in a similar role as he was in the TT series (helping the Titans against Trigon). But those are the only 3 antagonists I could see working in a TT movie. I just feel like there are too many characters in TT that it would be impossible to cast and portray them correctly.

And PS: I hate bunker lol, I just see him as an affirmative action character. Meaning his sole purpose in reality is to be gay and Mexican. That's the problem with comics today. They are so determined to "level the playing field" as far as minority characters go that all we get are a bunch of weak characters unworthy of anything. Now, if they were to try and build some of these characters up (like Jon Stewart, Static, and the original Batwing before they just fucked it up completely) that would do more than saturating comics with weak minority characters.
Back to top Go down
Silver_Shadow
Jobber
Silver_Shadow

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   DC Extended Universe - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 1:03 pm

Nightwing has been a part of the Teen Titans before though. I mean when the franchise was big and DC's biggest title at the time, the team was lead by him (although he did start out as Robin) with an older cast of characters including Starfire, Beast Boy, Raven, Cyborg, Wally, Donna, Garth...etc, so seeing him lead the Titans on the big screen would be awesome.

In order to have a kickass Teen Titans movie/show, depends on the roster they choose to go with. Like I said earlier a roster of Nightwing, Starfire, Cyborg, Beast Boy, Raven, Static, Blue Beetle and Traci 13/Terra would be a badass lineup.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   DC Extended Universe - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 1:21 pm

I would prefer just the ones from the cartoon.
Robin, Starfire, Beast Boy, Cyborg, Raven.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   DC Extended Universe - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 1:35 pm

^The only reason Static wasn't in that was because he got his own show on cartoon network (Static Shock) which was usually on right before and was also a great show. I'm not large on the Blue Beetle, but they're likely going to want a diverse cast, so since Beetle is the only decent Hispanic character, hes likely going to get the nod.

@Silver: I repeat: I do not want Nightwing anywhere near the TT. He may have been a part of them in the 70s/early 80s but he doesn't belong there now. Grayson is like 23 now, and has outgrown them. Sure, they could make him younger, but keeping him as Nightwing would be pointless from a marketing perspective because more people know who Robin is than Nightwing. And its not like the Titans are full of household names. The only ones that are known to a few people are the ones in the cartoon, and Robin is the only mega star that everyone knows.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   DC Extended Universe - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 1:47 pm

Oh yeah, I loved Static Shock! Funny

I dont know who Beetle is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   DC Extended Universe - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 5:19 pm

^Static Shock was indeed awesome. Blue Beetle is nothing special. He's the third version of the Blue Beetle, but they all kind of suck lol. The only thing Reyes (the third one) has is a kind of cool looking armor.
Back to top Go down
Silver_Shadow
Jobber
Silver_Shadow

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   DC Extended Universe - Page 6 EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 6:45 pm

That is Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes). Pretty much one of the only decent Latino characters DC has. I became a fan of his because of this show (Young Justice Invasion).

Anyway I just really want a Teen Titans movie or show and since Stinger doesn't want Nightwing in it, well good thing there are countless other Robins to take Dick Graysons place, like Tim Drake for instance.

Also I don't think we will get the cartoon line-up since Cyborg is likely to be used in a Justice League movie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Fast & Furious Star Gal Gadot Cast as Wonder Woman in Batman vs. Superman    DC Extended Universe - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 2:05 pm

According to superherohype.com, Fast & Furious star Gal Gadot has been cast as Wonder Woman in Batman vs. Superman. Zack Snyder made the following comments on the casting…

"Wonder Woman is arguably one of the most powerful female characters of all time and a fan favorite in the DC Universe. Not only is Gal an amazing actress, but she also has that magical quality that makes her perfect for the role. We look forward to audiences discovering Gal in the first feature film incarnation of this beloved character."

The film is set to open on July 17th, 2015 and will star Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot, Amy Adams, Diane Lane and Laurence Fishburne,
Read more at http://www.411mania.com/movies/news/305865/[Movies]-Fast-&-Furious-Star-Gal-Gadot-Cast-as-Wonder-Woman-in-Batman-vs.-Superman.htm#I1a18CB4vuXdVGa3.99
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   DC Extended Universe - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 3:26 pm

Awesome. I was hoping they'd include her. They need to give her more air time, she's a great character.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   DC Extended Universe - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 4:17 pm

I get that this movie will be a prequel of sorts for the Justice League movie, but man, they're putting EVERYONE in it lol.

That said, I like the casting choice. Don't know much about her acting ability, because I haven't watched a F&F movie since 2 Fast 2 Furious, but she has the right look.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   DC Extended Universe - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 5:52 pm

Yeah That @ the last part.

and I think it'll just be them three.

Lantern already had a movie and I believe Flash has one ready as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   DC Extended Universe - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 7:45 pm

^Well, I think they're rebooting Green Lantern, so who knows if they'll use Ryan Reynolds or not. On a semi-related note, I don't know why. That Lantern movie wasn't as bad as people made it out to be.

Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   DC Extended Universe - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 7:51 pm

I agree.

I kinda hope they use the black lantern though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   DC Extended Universe - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 8:00 pm

You mean Black Hand?

That would be a good third movie, actually, he'd make a good Justice League villain if they have him raise all of the dead heroes and villains like he did in the comics.

But if they do a sequel to GL, I want them to continue with the Sinestro story, with him obviously being the main antagonist like they teased at the end. Since he is the arch nemesis to the GL's, he needs at least one movie with him rocking the yellow lol. After that though, yes, they need to do a Black Hand movie.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   DC Extended Universe - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 8:03 pm

Ohhh no I meant the black Green Lantern. Funny

While I personally prefer Hal, I think John Stewart would sell more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   DC Extended Universe - Page 6 EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 10:51 pm

I'd prefer him in the Justice League, but Hal in the solo movies. All the Lantern Villains are more connected to Hal, but John is known for the Justice League cartoon.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   DC Extended Universe - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 3:13 am

Agreed. Plus the character in general seems a lot easier to use and would provide diversity.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   DC Extended Universe - Page 6 EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 4:47 am

Flash is getting a TV series, not a movie I believe. Heard he's about to be introduced in that Arrow TV series and then he gets a spin off. My guess is they'd use the same person from the TV series and put him in any future film.

And I have no idea who she is or if she's a good actress, but those boobies better be bouncing around in that Wonder Woman costume I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: No Bat-Villains in Batman vs. Superman?   DC Extended Universe - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 2:32 pm

Rumor has it that Batman vs. Superman will feature two Superman villains but no one from Batman's rogues gallery.

According to a Facebook posting by trusted fan site Batman-on-Film (via Batman-News), the Man of Steel sequel will feature a pair of Superman villains.

Perhaps Warner Bros. may be reluctant to use any Bat-villains since if they're going to unite DC's two (well, now three) most iconic superheroes then naturally viewers might want their biggest arch-enemies in there, too. Meaning Joker, who nobody would want to try to do again just a few short years after Heath Ledger's iconic turn.

In their Wonder Woman casting news story, Variety also mentioned that 300: Rise of the Empire actor Callan Mulvey is up for an unspecified villain role in the film.

Online scuttlebutt (and outright speculation) has claimed that the villain of Batman vs. Superman could be Doomsday, Darkseid, and/or Brainiac. Time will tell who the film's final villain(s) turn out to be.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   DC Extended Universe - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 6:58 pm

Well that's dumb. Batman has a huge array of villains to choose from. Ledger did great as Joker, but the ACTUAL Joker character could be more amazing if someone plays him right (not to say Ledger's Joker wasn't good, just saying that it was a different character from ACTUAL Joker, if anyone's seen TAS or played the Arkham Games, they should know which one.)

Nonetheless, I didn't want Joker in this, I thought Ra's Al Ghul would fit in A LOT better, especially teaming with Lex.
Back to top Go down
JOKER
TeamJoker
TeamJoker
JOKER

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   DC Extended Universe - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 7:29 pm

Doomsday would actually work really well. Darkseid would make sense since Wonder Woman is in now.

Batman villians wouldn't work for a Batman/Superman/JLA movie.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   DC Extended Universe - Page 6 EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 8:27 pm

Razor Loves Male Cream wrote:
Well that's dumb. Batman has a huge array of villains to choose from. Ledger did great as Joker, but the ACTUAL Joker character could be more amazing if someone plays him right (not to say Ledger's Joker wasn't good, just saying that it was a different character from ACTUAL Joker, if anyone's seen TAS or played the Arkham Games, they should know which one.)

pig 
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DC Extended Universe   DC Extended Universe - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

DC Extended Universe

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next