HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Johnny Knoxville honoured by Oscar nomination

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Johnny Knoxville honoured by Oscar nomination Empty
PostSubject: Johnny Knoxville honoured by Oscar nomination   Johnny Knoxville honoured by Oscar nomination EmptyThu Feb 13, 2014 6:26 pm

Johnny Knoxville is ''honoured'' 'Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa' is nominated for an Oscar.
The 42-year-old actor - who co-wrote, produced and starred in the movie, where he plays an 86 year-old man - is proud of the fact his film could win one of the most esteemed awards in the movie business for Best Make-Up and Hairstyling.

Johnny told USA Today newspaper: ''A film associated with Jackass [franchise, known for its wild and often puerile stunts] is nominated for an Oscar.
''It's a big deal. We're very honoured. It also makes us giggle. You know what we do.''

In the movie Johnny plays Irving Zisman, who is on a journey across America with his eight year-old grandson, and their stunts and the trouble they got into was filmed in the real world, capturing the reactions of the general public.
The film's make-up artist, Stephen Prouty - who will collect the award should the film win - said it provided one of he biggest challenges of his career.

He said: ''We had to fool the public every day with these set-ups. It was like no other film I've done.''
Johnny spent three hours a day having his make-up applied to fool people as Irving.
He added: ''Without the make-up there is no movie. I cannot prank people on the street as me. The job was so stellar that not once did anyone realise it was make-up. Everyone bought that I was an old man. And that's unbelievable.''

The 'Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa' team will find out if they triumph over 'The Lone Ranger' and 'Dallas Buyers Club' to take the Best Make-Up and Hairstyling award when the Oscars winners are announced on March 2.
Back to top Go down

Johnny Knoxville honoured by Oscar nomination

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1