HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So Sega had a conference today...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

So Sega had a conference today... Empty
PostSubject: So Sega had a conference today...   So Sega had a conference today... EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 2:02 pm

Apparently they're rebooting Sonic...

Spoiler:

...thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: So Sega had a conference today...   So Sega had a conference today... EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 2:04 pm

Only game I ever played was Sonic Heroes and I loved it. But I was also a kid. Funny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So Sega had a conference today...   So Sega had a conference today... EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 2:04 pm

Knuckles looks buff...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So Sega had a conference today...   So Sega had a conference today... EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 2:15 pm

TSSZ has learned through a reliable source significant details pertaining to the upcoming Sonic Boom franchise. We are, of course, referring to the revelation learned just in the last few minutes that Sonic Boom is part of a larger franchise relaunch encompassing the already known television series, video games, and a toy line from Tomy.

First, our source has told TSSZ hat the Sonic Boom video game is at least planned as the third Nintendo exclusive title. Whether it will remain exclusive to Nintendo is up for debate at the moment–in part because of the much discussed Jazwares sign at the International Toy Fair last weekend that hinted at a 2015 Sonic for Wii U, XBOX One, and Playstation 4, and in part because our source does not know whether the Sega/Nintendo partnership ended prematurely. Also, recall that our initial report on the Boom franchise cited both a proper console and mobile release. We are working to learn more on this front.

Second, our source tells TSSZ that Sega plans to make Sonic Boom the main Sonic canon going forward–in effect making it a complete franchise reboot and confirming our story from two years ago. However, our source cautions this too could change, and how fans react to news of the reboot could significantly impact how it changes. In short: Your voice matters more than ever.

Third, our source has confirmed development of Boom is being handled by an American studio and not Sonic Team. However, we do not know yet what specific studio is handling the game. We’ve also learned the Boom video game will be a 3D platformer that emphasizes exploration, and at this stage has multiple playable characters. How many? We don’t have those specific details.

http://www.tssznews.com/2014/02/06/source-sonic-boom-planned-as-3rd-nintendo-exclusive-and-main-canon/
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: So Sega had a conference today...   So Sega had a conference today... EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 2:21 pm

Sonic looks less of a douchehole in that image, that's for sure.

But I guess it needs a reboot. It become far too shit since I played it as a kid.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: So Sega had a conference today...   So Sega had a conference today... EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 4:52 pm

Yeah that series needs a reboot.

If they don't make the games good than it's not worth doing BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: So Sega had a conference today...   So Sega had a conference today... EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 5:49 pm

Hours of following twitter later:

It's not a reboot. It's a side-series.

Developers are Big Red Button and Sanzaru(of sly cooper fame)

Confirmed for Wii U and 3DS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So Sega had a conference today...   So Sega had a conference today... EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 5:52 pm

I'm still interested. There hasnt been a bad game really since Sonic 06 (if you count the Wii games, Secret Rings and Black Knight).
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: So Sega had a conference today...   So Sega had a conference today... EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 5:53 pm

They also had a Kinect game that I heard was shit Funny
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com

PostSubject: Re: So Sega had a conference today...   So Sega had a conference today... EmptyThu Feb 06, 2014 5:54 pm

That was a racing game though, woulda prolly been a lot better with a controller.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: So Sega had a conference today...   So Sega had a conference today... EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 3:48 pm

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/02/07/sonic-boom-tv-trailer

Looks pretty good, actually.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So Sega had a conference today...   So Sega had a conference today... Empty

Back to top Go down

So Sega had a conference today...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1