HomeHomeCalendarSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Share | 
 

 Not to TJ it, but...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Drächen Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
avatar

Posts : 8082
Join date : 2013-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Not to TJ it, but...   Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:05 pm

Good point, although that's not the argument at all. However, don't you think that had more to do w/ Bryan's character progression & the way he was also able to get that over w/ the "mainstream fans." The IWC are the minority fan base when it comes to WWE.

It's almost polar opposite to Ryback's face run when the objective was to get the fans to chant "Feed Me More" but got "Goldberg chants instead. He is a good example of someone who was not able to get over w/ fans. He had gotten so many chances but just fell flat every time.
Back to top Go down
Dead
Bullet Club
Bullet Club
avatar

Posts : 14118
Join date : 2013-07-19
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: Not to TJ it, but...   Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:15 pm

How do we know Daniel Bryan isnt drawing revenue though? They dont release those amounts other than going "HIS SHIRTS ARE SELLING LIKE HOTCAKES." I mean, there's been reports that Sin Cara merch was selling through the roof because he was popular with kids, but it seemed like nobody gave a shit when he was on Raw and SD every week, even when he was paired with Mysterio.

If people are expecting him to draw ratings wise and get a massive pop in the ratings or for buyrates, that'll never happen. Wrestling as a whole hasnt been interesting in about 5 years, so it doesnt matter who is in the main event, the ratings/buyrates would still be down.

As far as Ryback goes, he wasn't bringing in big numbers either and i dont even think he was selling merch that well but they were still pushing him to the moon. It only got the fans to turn on him because he was rushed too soon and then they instantly turned him heel.
Back to top Go down
Chad 2 Badd
TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf
avatar

Posts : 6310
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Not to TJ it, but...   Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:34 pm

^actually Ryback was finally getting over with the fans...than WWE turned him heel. Cause when in doubt heel them out. But Ryback is no where near the Level where Daniel Bryan is.

Anyways, yeah it sucks that Daniel Bryan wasn't in the Rumble. But truly did you really think they where going to have him win it? when it came down to the last 4 guys I knew DB wasn't coming out because you still had ADR, Batista, Rey, and Big E. People actually thinking WWE was going to follow up on that feud that Daniel had with Orton and Triple H? When in doubt with WWE, always assume the worst because look at their history.

I hope for something better for Daniel Bryan, not have him face Sheamus. Like I said a couple a weeks ago, have Taker call out Daniel Bryan. Saying Daniel Bryan is the best in the company and he wants to face him and see if he still got it. He Said Daniel Bryan is the most worthy person and the biggest threat to the streak. They have the match at WM 30. ANd yeah Taker is going to win, but after the match Taker helps Daniel brayn up. He shakes his hand, he raises his hand, than they get the crowd going with the biggest Yes chant ever to close the show. That right there would make up for Daniel bryan not being in the rumble. IMO.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
avatar

Posts : 17220
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 25
Location : Kotzebue, AK

PostSubject: Re: Not to TJ it, but...   Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:53 pm

Drachen wrote:
The IWC are the minority fan base when it comes to WWE.

Again all of us are in The IWC. And if that were true WWE wouldn't come out with The WWE Network. A internet service.

____________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Dead
Bullet Club
Bullet Club
avatar

Posts : 14118
Join date : 2013-07-19
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: Not to TJ it, but...   Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:55 pm

The WWE Network wasnt an Internet based service in the beginning, they were looking to have it on television. I saw some people crying about it on Twitter that it's not on television so it's not worth the 10 bucks, which is pretty moronic to say.
Back to top Go down
Saintpat
Main Eventer
avatar

Posts : 1446
Join date : 2013-10-10
Location : Jobberville

PostSubject: Re: Not to TJ it, but...   Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:15 pm

Just out of curiosity from the complainers, and please be honest: how many of PPVs did you actually purchase from WWE last year (either online streaming or on TV)? How many did you watch on an illegal stream?
Back to top Go down
Dead
Bullet Club
Bullet Club
avatar

Posts : 14118
Join date : 2013-07-19
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: Not to TJ it, but...   Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:18 pm

I've pitched for WWE PPVs at a friends house almost the entire year, with the exception of like Night of Champions and TLC
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
avatar

Posts : 17220
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 25
Location : Kotzebue, AK

PostSubject: Re: Not to TJ it, but...   Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:22 pm

I bought SummerSlam. I did want to buy the one after that. I think Night of Champions or whatever but I was in Red Dog Mine.

____________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Drächen Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
avatar

Posts : 8082
Join date : 2013-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Not to TJ it, but...   Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:25 pm

@Saintpat wrote:
Just out of curiosity from the complainers, and please be honest: how many of PPVs did you actually purchase from WWE last year (either online streaming or on TV)? How many did you watch on an illegal stream?
0 #Teamstreamit I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Chad 2 Badd
TeamSmurf
TeamSmurf
avatar

Posts : 6310
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: Not to TJ it, but...   Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:29 pm

me and my friend chris would pitch in to buy a PPV if it looks good. I don't watch streams...tho I do watch uploads of the ppv afterwards when it's finished
Back to top Go down
Drächen Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
avatar

Posts : 8082
Join date : 2013-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Not to TJ it, but...   Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:41 pm

@MooseNugget wrote:
Drachen wrote:
The IWC are the minority fan base when it comes to WWE.

Again all of us are in The IWC. And if that were true WWE wouldn't come out with The WWE Network. A internet service.
No all of them are not. I'm pretty sure not all WWE fans go on wrestling chat rooms, join e-feds, watch ROH, or receive their only news of the day by reading the dirtsheets. In fact, I'm pretty sure the average WWE fans doesn't even know such things exist. My brother, my dad, and a couple of cousins are all also wrestling fans, & I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who does any of that. Most just want to see an event, they could careless about the other stuff like we do.

@MooseNugget wrote:
And if that were true WWE wouldn't come out with The WWE Network. A internet service.
See Dead's comments about it, he's correct. I'd also like to add:

If WWE can prevent widespread issues with lagging or streaming errors, something MLB apparently has under control on their own model and has assisted in developing the WWE Network, all should be well. In fact, I think it’s revolutionary and exactly where television is heading. WWE’s core programming will remain on cable, however, the WWE Network is how I see all of television evolving over the years – one device that essentially does everything. WWE is “punting their pay-per-view model” but the pay-per-view business has been dying for years and a move such as what WWE is doing was inevitable.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
Yes
Yes
avatar

Posts : 13514
Join date : 2013-07-19
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Not to TJ it, but...   Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:52 pm

I buy the Royal Rumble ever year and planned to buy the WWE Network prior to this debacle. I catch some on stream.
Back to top Go down
Drächen Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
avatar

Posts : 8082
Join date : 2013-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Not to TJ it, but...   Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:02 pm

@Dead wrote:
How do we know Daniel Bryan isnt drawing revenue though? They dont release those amounts other than going "HIS SHIRTS ARE SELLING LIKE HOTCAKES." I mean, there's been reports that Sin Cara merch was selling through the roof because he was popular with kids, but it seemed like nobody gave a shit when he was on Raw and SD every week, even when he was paired with Mysterio.

If people are expecting him to draw ratings wise and get a massive pop in the ratings or for buyrates, that'll never happen. Wrestling as a whole hasnt been interesting in about 5 years, so it doesnt matter who is in the main event, the ratings/buyrates would still be down.

As far as Ryback goes, he wasn't bringing in big numbers either and i dont even think he was selling merch that well but they were still pushing him to the moon. It only got the fans to turn on him because he was rushed too soon and then they instantly turned him heel.
Ok, fair point. But if you don't think ratings are a big factor or indicator of how they people draw or sell, Batista's return mark of a 5.25 million & a solid 3.5 overall rating would like to say hi. WWE has 5.25 million reasons on why to push Batista to the moon, & the ratings Daniel Bryan has drawn when he has been heavily featured has usually been pretty bad. And you can't justify Cena as being an example for bad ratings either, because they actually plummet to worse numbers than they already are when he's not there. So ratings are definitely a key factor of how WWE conducts things with their employees.

Again, don't confuse this as my personal opinion on Bryan either, it's just the reality of business.
Back to top Go down
Dead
Bullet Club
Bullet Club
avatar

Posts : 14118
Join date : 2013-07-19
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: Not to TJ it, but...   Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:07 pm

3.5 is usually average for Raw though, it usually jumps between 3.2-3.3 unless there's something going on like MNF or a sitcom's debut/finale. Randy Orton also main evented the show and has been main eventing PPVs, so you cant just place the blame solely on Daniel Bryan as to why the ratings have been down.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
avatar

Posts : 18869
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 21
Location : Learning maturity

PostSubject: Re: Not to TJ it, but...   Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:10 pm

Damn Drachen, I didn't know you were this smart when it came to wrestling. Funny Bravo.

____________________
.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Seth Rollins
2. AJ Styles
3. Kevin Owens
4. Shinsuke Nakamura
5. John Cena

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
1. The Undertaker
2. CM Punk
3. Daniel Bryan
4. Triple H
5. Stone Cold Steve Austin
Back to top Go down
Drächen Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
avatar

Posts : 8082
Join date : 2013-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Not to TJ it, but...   Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:36 pm

@Dead wrote:
3.5 is usually average for Raw though, it usually jumps between 3.2-3.3 unless there's something going on like MNF or a sitcom's debut/finale. Randy Orton also main evented the show and has been main eventing PPVs, so you cant just place the blame solely on Daniel Bryan as to why the ratings have been down.
3.5 would've been an average number...a decade ago. When you have a show that is pulling numbers in the vicinity of the 2.9 & 2.6 range more often than not now, a 3.5 is a VERY good number, & it's not going to be taken for granted.

@Dead wrote:
Randy Orton also main evented the show and has been main eventing PPVs, so you cant just place the blame solely on Daniel Bryan as to why the ratings have been down.

To answer:

Drachen wrote:
WWE sees that he's only doing marginally better than Punk in expanding his fan base. So they are gradually giving him opportunities to accumulate new fans, in order to become a mega superstar.

And the same logic could be applied to Bryan & Orton.
Back to top Go down
Drächen Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
avatar

Posts : 8082
Join date : 2013-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Not to TJ it, but...   Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:37 pm

Vice President Razor wrote:
Damn Drachen, I didn't know you were this smart when it came to wrestling. XDBravo.
The IWC was holding me back.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
avatar

Posts : 17220
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 25
Location : Kotzebue, AK

PostSubject: Re: Not to TJ it, but...   Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:57 pm

Drachen wrote:
Ok, fair point. But if you don't think ratings are a big factor or indicator of how they people draw or sell, Batista's return mark of a 5.25 million & a solid 3.5 overall rating would like to say hi. WWE has 5.25 million reasons on why to push Batista to the moon, & the ratings Daniel Bryan has drawn when he has been heavily featured has usually been pretty bad. And you can't justify Cena  as being an example for bad ratings either, because they actually plummet to worse numbers than they already are when he's not there. So ratings are definitely a key factor of how WWE conducts things with their employees.

Well you know when you make a guy look weak there's no reason to watch him. Batista never been made to look like a goofball.

____________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Dead
Bullet Club
Bullet Club
avatar

Posts : 14118
Join date : 2013-07-19
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: Not to TJ it, but...   Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:07 pm

Raw's never gone down to the levels of a 2.6 in this current age, to my knowledge
Back to top Go down
Drächen Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
avatar

Posts : 8082
Join date : 2013-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Not to TJ it, but...   Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:58 pm

I know an episode in October recorded a year low of 2.65, & I think that was the month Cena was out injured.
Back to top Go down
Drächen Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
avatar

Posts : 8082
Join date : 2013-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Not to TJ it, but...   Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:00 pm

@MooseNugget wrote:
Drachen wrote:
Ok, fair point. But if you don't think ratings are a big factor or indicator of how they people draw or sell, Batista's return mark of a 5.25 million & a solid 3.5 overall rating would like to say hi. WWE has 5.25 million reasons on why to push Batista to the moon, & the ratings Daniel Bryan has drawn when he has been heavily featured has usually been pretty bad. And you can't justify Cena  as being an example for bad ratings either, because they actually plummet to worse numbers than they already are when he's not there. So ratings are definitely a key factor of how WWE conducts things with their employees.

Well you know when you make a guy look weak there's no reason to watch him. Batista never been made to look like a goofball.
Explain.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
Yes
Yes
avatar

Posts : 13514
Join date : 2013-07-19
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: Not to TJ it, but...   Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:39 pm

Batista got comeback ratings, not legitimate ratings. He didn't draw a damn thing while he was there.
Back to top Go down
Drächen Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
avatar

Posts : 8082
Join date : 2013-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Not to TJ it, but...   Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:02 am

How is Batista not a draw? What are "legitimate rating?"
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
avatar

Posts : 17220
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 25
Location : Kotzebue, AK

PostSubject: Re: Not to TJ it, but...   Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:30 am

Drachen wrote:
@MooseNugget wrote:
Drachen wrote:
Ok, fair point. But if you don't think ratings are a big factor or indicator of how they people draw or sell, Batista's return mark of a 5.25 million & a solid 3.5 overall rating would like to say hi. WWE has 5.25 million reasons on why to push Batista to the moon, & the ratings Daniel Bryan has drawn when he has been heavily featured has usually been pretty bad. And you can't justify Cena  as being an example for bad ratings either, because they actually plummet to worse numbers than they already are when he's not there. So ratings are definitely a key factor of how WWE conducts things with their employees.

Well you know when you make a guy look weak there's no reason to watch him. Batista never been made to look like a goofball.
Explain.

Well Nick Dinsmore drew 500 fans at the high school he used to be a substitute teacher at. He gets signed by WWE and they make him Eugene. He gets released and goes back to the high school as Eugene and only draws 200 fans.

Batista has never have to do any of the goofy stuff Bryan Danielson had to do with Team Hell No. And Batista has the added benefit of being gone for 4 years so everyone misses him.

____________________
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Caleb
HOFer
HOFer
avatar

Posts : 1187
Join date : 2013-07-22
Age : 21
Location : Indiana

PostSubject: Re: Not to TJ it, but...   Wed Jan 29, 2014 4:27 pm

Raging Bull wrote:
have Taker call out Daniel Bryan. Saying Daniel Bryan is the best in the company and he wants to face him and see if he still got it. He Said Daniel Bryan is the most worthy person and the biggest threat to the streak. They have the match at WM 30. ANd yeah Taker is going to win, but after the match Taker helps Daniel brayn up. He shakes his hand, he raises his hand, than they get the crowd going with the biggest Yes chant ever to close the show. That right there would make up for Daniel bryan not being in the rumble. IMO.
No one would ever buy the Undertaker thinking Daniel Bryan is the biggest threat to his streak. Funny
Back to top Go down
 

Not to TJ it, but...

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestle Fanatics :: The Squared Circle :: Pro Wrestling Universe + Wrestling Media-