HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vendetta #69 Official Results

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

Vendetta #69 Official Results Empty
PostSubject: Vendetta #69 Official Results   Vendetta #69 Official Results EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 1:23 am

Better late than never. Not always true but in this case bare with me.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #69 Official Results   Vendetta #69 Official Results EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 1:23 am

Candy Kane vs Elektra
Grader: TJ

Razor's Bitch:

All that innuendo! All the Tits! You're promoting Women's Wrestling as eye candy! You're a bad influence!

suspicious

Anyway, this was a decent effort. Obviously done quickly, but I've seen worse. Gotta be careful with the fanservice bits though, cause too many of them can take away from the action, but whatever. Tits are tits. It had a good flow to it, and you managed to put Elektra over as well before you pulled the Superkick from Hell. Nice ending, out of nowhere yet realistic. Nothing to fault you for there. Overall it was decent for what it was, a less-than-full-effort divas match.

Caine's Bitch:

Ehh, your match isn't as good as last week. Didn't seem quite as inspired or energetic. You know what you're doing, and your psychology is there, but it just wasn't as fun to read as it was last week. It just really seemed rushed, even more so than Razor's match. Also that ending just doesn't seem plausible. Candy's going for a superkick, countering with a kick of your own would just result in colliding feet. I know you had another match to worry about this week, but if you can't handle two you might just want to stick with one character.

Verdict:

Candy Kane wins. Razor's match was a bit more entertaining to read. Both were rushed, but his had a better flow and Caine's just felt disconnected, not really the right word, but you get my drift.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #69 Official Results   Vendetta #69 Official Results EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 1:24 am

Drake Dysfunction vs Paddy Perry
Grader: Razor

Paddy Perry: Although it takes some getting used to, your writing style is excellent! You had me at the first paragraph. I have to re-read some stuff every now and then but that’s mainly just to try and picture it. I love the characterization. Right off the bat with Drake hitting Perry and being surprised it didn’t have much of an effect. Reading further into it, I had to once again read it a few times to fully understand it, but that’s not your fault in any way and I still love the style. Reading up till the spinebuster, I must say I also really love the excellent story-telling of the match so far. Drake doing everything possible to take down the more powerful man, told perfectly, good job. Ok, reading further in (right before the dialogue, at the enzuguiri), as much as I love your form of writing, you could use a tad bit better… how do I say it? Err… I want to say transition? Your description is fine because it’s really good in some areas and decent in others, however sometimes you did things like “He is hit with 3 punches and an enzuguiri.” That generally doesn’t seem like a good transition, however I won’t bug you too much over it. Hehe “cunning linguistics.” I get it. Great commentary regarding the slap. Not gonna lie, I felt dumb when I finally realized “Zebra clad” meant the referee. I assumed it was Drake’s attire at first. Your ending was decent, nothing fancy. All in all, I enjoyed your match. If I had any complaints, it’d be that it seemed a bit rushed because of the transitions and it could use a bit of spacing out, but besides that, I don’t see anything wrong with it, solid work.

Drake Dysfunction: Good start. Very solid, usual technical stuff that starts a match. First paragraph goes right into it, good job. I like how you have Drake try to use his athleticism to take the bigger man down, leading into the mule kick, anyway. Second paragraph and more good technical wrestling, nice. Leading into the whole “grounded front chancery” thing. I am enjoying reading so far, but I realize and it’s mainly just been storytelling and technical stuff right now. Good characterization in the little argument between Paddy and Ryu Sanu, also nice transition into the splash => belly to belly combo. Always a classic. I agree with Joey Miles that I enjoy the back and forth of the match, that has been the biggest selling point. Simple ending, nothing fancy but nothing that takes it over the top.

Verdict: This is actually a fairly close decision, however I think I am giving it to Paddy Perry. You both wrote great matches, you both wrote pieces I enjoyed reading. Nate, your match was overall great, however my only complaint is that as good as it is, it was really not anything too special. Like, it’s told a good story, I enjoyed reading it as a match itself, but it wasn’t really anything special. I didn’t see many spots and the story telling has been so-so. Not to say it’s bad, because like I said, it’s not, it could just be better.

Last edited by Razor on Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #69 Official Results   Vendetta #69 Official Results EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 1:25 am

Rufus Qabazard vs EG Deal
Grader: None

EG no showed, understandable, hope it doesnt happen again.

Rufus wins via no show.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #69 Official Results   Vendetta #69 Official Results EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 1:25 am

Lumber Jill vs Wolverina

Wolverina no showed, surprisingly. Jill, thank you for showing. I feel we may have a future title shot.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #69 Official Results   Vendetta #69 Official Results EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 1:26 am

Maddox Paine vs Greg Samuels

Paine viciously attacked Greg off guard and won the match. What a cunt.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #69 Official Results   Vendetta #69 Official Results EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 1:27 am

Dominik Diveraz vs Niko L Genero

Though both men showed, Caine put up an excellent effort while Snoopz says he didn't try much. In order to not drag this out further, Dominik has accepted a loss via forfeit by stating he didn't try too much.

Winner is Niko L Genero
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #69 Official Results   Vendetta #69 Official Results EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 1:28 am

Main Event:
Logging Crew vs D-Volution

In a very surprising turn of events, D-Volution no showed. Either Logging Crew is really damn good and everyone's afraid, or people are just unlucky with their matches this week. Nonetheless, because of Logging Crew's excellent effort, they will be rewarded with a future title match.

Winners are Logging Crew
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #69 Official Results   Vendetta #69 Official Results EmptyThu Jan 23, 2014 3:17 pm

Results finished.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #69 Official Results   Vendetta #69 Official Results Empty

Back to top Go down

Vendetta #69 Official Results

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1