HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite all time Cage Matches

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
pegasus187
HOFer
HOFer
pegasus187

Favorite all time Cage Matches Empty
PostSubject: Favorite all time Cage Matches   Favorite all time Cage Matches EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 5:01 pm

AS long as wrestling has been around, the Cage match has seen many iterations, some great like the Hell in a Cell some garbage like the Kennel From Hell what are your favoritre Cage type matches?

A few of mine are No Way Out 2005 Big SHow vs JBL Barbed Wire Steel Cage for the WWE Title

Ok this one awas a brutal fight for the belt. It really looked like JBLs reign was going to end, he was going on 9 months as champ, escaping by the skin of his teeth every time. You wouldn't think Big SHow would have a great match but this is it. It really looked like JBL was going to lose the belt but a Chokeslam through the ring helped JBL go onto Wrestlemania.

AMX vs XXX Six Sides of Steel Turning Point 2004 Losing team has to disband. This feud was going on a year and a half. They actually had TNAs first cage match at the 1st Anniversary show which had a Death Sentence from the top of the cage to end it. So we flash forward to late 2004 there was a brief truce between the two teams. One member of each team ended up becoming NWA Tag Team Champions, then they feud was back on with a pretty good Last Team Standing match but they followed it up with this amazing war. It was bloody, violent, and had some of the best spots (Elix Skippers walking the top of the cage for one) and actually is one of my all time favorite matches.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Favorite all time Cage Matches   Favorite all time Cage Matches EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 5:36 pm

Harley Race vs. Ric Flair from the first Starcade. Great build for this match and it gave a reason for this match to be in a cage. Really made Flair into a legit star.

Tully Blanchard vs. Magnum TA in a I quit steal cage match. This match had real emotion and a cool finish.

Ric Flair vs. Ricky Morton. Love both of these guys and Morton was great at being the babyface in trouble. Morton was also wearing a guard for a broken nose and Flair took it off and threw Morton into the cage!

Paul Orndorff vs. Hulk Hogan. I normally prefer NWA cage matches over WWE's but they really used their escape finish well. The double escape was awesome. Amazing feud too.

Wargames suspicious 

Jerry Lawler vs. Austin Idol in a loser gets his hair cut steal cage match. It had a lot of heat and instead of being a normal cage it was actually more like WWE's Hell In A Cell match a decade before they did it. It gave Tommy Rich the chance to interfere and help Idol win the match. And I love the moment when Idol, Rich and Paul Haymen dance around with the hair they cut off Lawler's head.

CM Punk vs. Raven. I think just like my first pic this was the feud that really made CM Punk into a star on the independent level.

Cage of Death: CZW vs. ROH. The dueling crowd was amazing. I'm not sure if a feud between promotions will ever be this good again.

Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Favorite all time Cage Matches   Favorite all time Cage Matches EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 6:13 pm

Eddie Guerrero vs. JBL (WWE Smackdown 15th July 2004)

Edge vs. Matt Hardy (WWE Unforgiven 2005)

Claudio Castagnoli vs. Brodie Lee (CHIKARA Style & Substance 2008)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV

PostSubject: Re: Favorite all time Cage Matches   Favorite all time Cage Matches EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 7:38 pm

America's Most Wanted vs Triple X in 2005....good lord
Back to top Go down
Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

PostSubject: Re: Favorite all time Cage Matches   Favorite all time Cage Matches EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 8:03 pm

MooseNugget wrote:
Harley Race vs. Ric Flair from the first Starcade.

This.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite all time Cage Matches   Favorite all time Cage Matches EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 8:40 pm

The Matt and Jeff Hardy ones.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite all time Cage Matches   Favorite all time Cage Matches Empty

Back to top Go down

Favorite all time Cage Matches

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1