HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wrestler of The Week #17 Bully Ray

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

Wrestler of The Week #17 Bully Ray Empty
PostSubject: Wrestler of The Week #17 Bully Ray   Wrestler of The Week #17 Bully Ray EmptySun Jan 19, 2014 5:13 pm

Wrestler of The Week #17 Bully Ray Bully

Our wrestler of the week is a 23 time World Tag Team Champion with D-Von Dudley and former TNA World Heavyweight Champion Bully Ray!

1. What's your favorite Bully Ray match?

2. What's your favorite Team 3D match?

3. So what do you think of his two runs as TNA World Heavyweight Champion? Did Aces & 8s help or hinder him in anyway?

4. What are your thoughts on The Aces & 8s anyway?

5. What do you think the future holds for Bully Ray?

6. Do you think it was smart of him to not go back to WWE a few years back? WWE did seem like they wanted to reunite The Dudley Boys.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Wrestler of The Week #17 Bully Ray   Wrestler of The Week #17 Bully Ray EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 3:50 pm

1. His match with AJ Styles from Bound For Glory. Didn't really buy much TNA pay per view except that one. There's been better matches I just didn't caught them.

2. TLC 2.

3. I know guy were bitching about his age but I think he was a good choice for champion. He really became entertaining as Bully Ray. I think if they were booked right Aces & 8s would have really added to his reign. Of course they were not.

4. They were really cool and exciting to begin with. Then TNA fucked it up. I think they could have made it work with the guys they did get for the group. But they were always booked to be a bunch of losers. I guess they wanted to try to make The Anti-Main Event Mafia and have them always lose.

5. I don't think he's winning The TNA World Heavyweight Championship again. I think he's going back to being a upper mid-card guy.

6. I think it was a good idea to stay with TNA. If he went back to WWE he would have just been remembered for his goofy WWE character.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
pegasus187
HOFer
HOFer
pegasus187

PostSubject: Re: Wrestler of The Week #17 Bully Ray   Wrestler of The Week #17 Bully Ray EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 4:20 pm

AJ at Bound for Glory

TLC 2 (One of my all time favorite matches)

3. So what do you think of his two runs as TNA World Heavyweight Champion? Did Aces & 8s help or hinder him in anyway? Loved them, the proved he can be a singles star, Aces and Eights didn't hurt him. They could have been booked better, but it's TNA they fuck things up quite often.

Great group, poorly booked near the end, but a awesome theme song.

Maybe one more World Title run, but mostly an Upper Mid Card guy

6. Do you think it was smart of him to not go back to WWE a few years back? WWE did seem like they wanted to reunite The Dudley Boys

Yes, they never saw either of them as singles stars. Ray was Hardcore Champion at one point and even went up against HHH for the WHC, but he was never a serious main event guy there, They wanted to bring back a nostalgic team, and not really do anything interesting with them.
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Wrestler of The Week #17 Bully Ray   Wrestler of The Week #17 Bully Ray EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 6:18 pm

vs. Aries at Sacrifice

The TLC from Summerslam 2000 (I don't think I've seen TLC 2 >_>)

3. So what do you think of his two runs as TNA World Heavyweight Champion? Did Aces & 8s help or hinder him in anyway?

Don't watch TNA.

Don't watch TNA.

Don't watch T...oh, that's a different one. I think he'll stay with TNA until retirement. Probably have a last face run with Devon as Team 3D, win the tag titles together, and that'll be it.

6. Do you think it was smart of him to not go back to WWE a few years back? WWE did seem like they wanted to reunite The Dudley Boys.

WWE seem to be taking their tag division seriously right now, and I think if Bubba and Devon were there, they'd probably be getting a push in that division. So looking back, I think a move to WWE would have worked well. At the time though, I'd have said he shouldn't go back, so I can't blame him for not.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Wrestler of The Week #17 Bully Ray   Wrestler of The Week #17 Bully Ray EmptyMon Jan 20, 2014 6:38 pm

1. What's your favorite Bully Ray match? - Bully Ray vs. Austin Aries at Sacrifice 2012 was a good one. I remember that one.....'cause I WAS THERE! Twisted Evil Watching Aries hit a Brainbuster on BULLY RAY let alone IN-PERSON was just a "HOLY SHIT" moment for me.

2. What's your favorite Team 3D match? - Gotta agree with Moose and say TLC II, which also included Edge and Christian and the Hardy's, but that was when they were the DUDLEY'S! My fav TEAM 3D match was their retirement match against Motor City Machine Guns. Highlight of the night was when Sabin became the first person EVER to kick out of "The 3D".

3. So what do you think of his two runs as TNA World Heavyweight Champion? Did Aces & 8s help or hinder him in anyway? - We all know Aces & Eights became a huge waste of fucking time, but I gotta say that they helped him out BIG TIME with his FIRST title win as it was revealed that night at Lock Down that HE was, in fact, the president of the stable. During this, he was a dominant World Heavyweight Champion, even managing to oust Sting from the world title picture "permanently". The second World Title win for him was lame as fuck. Tito Ortiz didn't need to be there in the first place and they completely shit on Chris Sabin's world title run ultimately sending his ass back down to the X Division. The only good thing about it is that he's an 8x X Division Champion now. Following this, I just wanted him dethroned. This was the point when I was really tired of the group.

4. What are your thoughts on The Aces & 8s anyway? - You can read it up there, but I do have an exception. I was REALLY high on the whole mystery behind it all with masked guys overrunning the company. I wanted to know who the fuck they were. The reveals were the REAL highlight for me when it came to this group.

5. What do you think the future holds for Bully Ray? - He'll probably go back to WWE for one more run and then be done with it. He's invested so much into this business, but he can only excel as a singles competitor given he's been a tag team competitor for a great big chunk of his wrestling career. There really isn't nothing more left for him in TNA.

6. Do you think it was smart of him to not go back to WWE a few years back? WWE did seem like they wanted to reunite The Dudley Boys. - 3D's early days in TNA were the BOMB. They didn't need to go back to WWE a few years ago. Imo, they were good with where they were at.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestler of The Week #17 Bully Ray   Wrestler of The Week #17 Bully Ray Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrestler of The Week #17 Bully Ray

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1