HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Naked Gun reboot is a sequel

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Naked Gun reboot is a sequel Empty
PostSubject: Naked Gun reboot is a sequel   Naked Gun reboot is a sequel EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 1:36 pm

The recently-announced reboot of ’80s comedy “The Naked Gun” will be somewhat of a sequel, according to co-writer Ben Garant.

According to Garant, he and writing partner Thomas Lennon have drafted a script that subtlety acknowledges the Leslie Nielsen movies that came before it.

“Our take is that Ed Helms is Frank Drebin, no relation”, he tells Crave Online. ”That’s how he introduces himself.”

“Right now we’re calling it ‘Episode IV – A New Hope,’” Garant adds. “That will change, but that’s the working title…

Garant says it’s unlikely they’ll have Helms do a Nielsen impersonation, or something like dye his hair.

“Oh, I don’t know. He’s already kind of going gray. We’re making it pretty clear that he’s not Leslie Nielsen. Those are just too big of shoes to fill but we’re going to try to do as good as those. Those movies are so funny. They’re so solid.”

Lennon and Garant are apparently trying to write a script that Zucker/Abrahams/Zucker, the geniuses behind “The Naked Gun” franchise, would not only be proud of but would be happy to consider canon.

“We are trying to reinvent the world because that world was very ‘Dragnet,’ but we’re trying to fit in 100 jokes a page,” Garant said. “It’s going to be a lot of fun. We’re very much embracing the style.”

http://moviehole.net/201472096naked-gun-reboot-is-a-sequel
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

Naked Gun reboot is a sequel Empty
PostSubject: Re: Naked Gun reboot is a sequel   Naked Gun reboot is a sequel EmptyTue Jan 14, 2014 7:25 pm

Well I hope they make Slapstick films funny again. Thought I have my doubts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com

Naked Gun reboot is a sequel

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1