HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Match Voting Guidelines

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

Match Voting Guidelines Empty
PostSubject: Match Voting Guidelines   Match Voting Guidelines EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 1:52 am

These are pretty simple. Since the fedders are gonna vote on the matches, instead of having a GM team to decide the winners, I wanna lay down some ground rules for voting. First of all, you must have an explanation as to why you voted for who you voted for. It can't just be "his post was better".

Secondly, there are some things that you shouldn't take into account when voting. Word count is one. Quality > Quantity, every time. If a post is like 500 words, then I can understand it, but please try not to focus on the size of a post.

Third is SPAG. Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar. I do NOT want to see this influencing a vote, unless one person's SPAG is so horrible it seriously destroys the post. Minor typos and the such shouldn't effect a vote.

The post layout also shouldn't effect a vote. For instance, the colors a person decides to use, how big the paragraphs are, etc. That should not determine a winner. You can give people advice on this to help make their posts look better, but never decide a winner based on this.

Commentary is another thing not to vote on. Commentary is entirely optional. Fedders don't even need to write it if they don't want to, so I don't want to see people saying "You used Joey/Dean wrong, so you lose."

Now, here's what voters should be looking for when deciding winners. One of the most important factors is action. Was it entertaining? Was it unique? Was it boring? Was it some of the same old stuff you've seen many times before? Ask yourself these questions when grading.

Then there's description. Not every match has to be written like a novel, but this is a writing game, so having good description is a key to winning. If you can easily visualize what's going on in the match, that's a good thing.

Another thing to look for is flow. What I mean by flow is how the match's pace is. Are things moving too fast? Too slow? How are the moves being sold?

So, that's what to look for when voting in a match and what not to look for when voting in a match. Remember, if you're a member of the 2WWF roster (or a 2WWF GM), you can vote in any match as long as it abides by these guidelines.

Match Voting Guidelines

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1