HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Greg's Reviews of Musical Albums

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Greg's Reviews of Musical Albums Empty
PostSubject: Greg's Reviews of Musical Albums   Greg's Reviews of Musical Albums EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 10:10 am

Pretty much, this is an attempt to make myself listen to all the music possible, regardless of genre. I'm gonna review as many diverse albums as I can, in the hopes that I widen my musically knowledge. These albums may be new, old, or down right prehistoric. It's all a matter of what I'm listening to at the time. Right now, I'm listening to Daft Punk-Random Access Memories, so odds are that is going to be my first review! These are all my opinion, so don't hate me.

Last edited by attractionTHEORY on Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:09 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greg's Reviews of Musical Albums   Greg's Reviews of Musical Albums EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 10:58 am

You should review some albums from the 90s  good job 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greg's Reviews of Musical Albums   Greg's Reviews of Musical Albums EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 11:20 am

Greg's Reviews of Musical Albums 4e6c6fb2

Well, I listened to Daft Punk's Random Access Memories, and overall, I was underwhelmed. The first couple tracks are going along great, I'm liking what I'm hearing, the electronic 70s vibe, I'm eating it up. Then it dons on me,there wasn't a whole lot of deviation in these songs, they all followed a very similar pattern. I quickly found myself getting bored, as every song felt very similar to the last. Now as far as electronic music goes, I did actually enjoy this. There were times were the drums felt like they could've been better, and stuff felt sort of out of place though. And the extended version of Get Lucky did absolutely nothing for me, there were parts of the extended version that just ruined the song. It wasn't the worst album I've listened to, but I didn't love it by any means.

RATING: 2.5/5
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greg's Reviews of Musical Albums   Greg's Reviews of Musical Albums EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 1:25 pm

Greg's Reviews of Musical Albums MI0002413284.jpg?partner=allrovi

I'm sure not many of you have heard of this album. Red Hot Chili Peppers' album One Hot Minute. It's the lone album with Dave Navarro as the guitarist, and quite frankly I think that's a good thing. He's a decent guitarist, but I can not stand him. I think he is a prima donna, cocky ass. He wasn't good for the Chili Peppers, and he should have never been added as the guitarist. I hear Buckethead auditioned for the spot when Frusciante left... That would've been the craziest thing ever! But the album... Decent is about all I can say about it. Too metal for my taste, this isn't what I listen to the Chili Peppers to hear. My favorite song would have to be Aeroplane, but My Friends wasn't bad. There was just some stuff that creatively didn't feel like the Chili Peppers. I wouldn't have been pleased if I had purchased this album, and I think that Navarro making an exit after one album was a good thing.

RATING: 2.5/5

(Right now I'm listening to Jack White's Blunderbuss, and I just can't wait to get to this review.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Greg's Reviews of Musical Albums   Greg's Reviews of Musical Albums EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 3:46 pm

I disagree on 2.5/5, but I agree it wasn't nearly as good as any album with John F. Stadium Arcadium is a solid 5/5 tho. good job
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Greg's Reviews of Musical Albums   Greg's Reviews of Musical Albums EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 4:21 pm

If anything I like doesn't get a 5, I will find you and rape you.

So far, you're safe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greg's Reviews of Musical Albums   Greg's Reviews of Musical Albums EmptyWed Jan 08, 2014 4:31 pm

Razor wrote:
I disagree on 2.5/5, but I agree it wasn't nearly as good as any album with John F. Stadium Arcadium is a solid 5/5 tho. good job

2.5/5 might be a little harsh, but I just didn't like a majority of this album because I didn't like the darker vibe that Navarro brought to the band.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greg's Reviews of Musical Albums   Greg's Reviews of Musical Albums EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 10:07 pm

Greg's Reviews of Musical Albums Jack-White-Blunderbuss

Let me just say first off I love this album! I am absolutely in love with it. The way Jack White changes styles, never committing himself to one style makes me get an absolute music boner! I don't even particularly love all the styles he uses, but just to hear them all on one album makes me very excited! Each song is well crafted and has interesting lyrics. There is nothing I have to critique on this album, I am in love with it and can't wait for Jack White's second album.

RATING: 5/5

Please make suggestions, I need ideas of albums to review!
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Greg's Reviews of Musical Albums   Greg's Reviews of Musical Albums EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 1:29 am

I may give JW's new album a listen if I can. good job

Avenged Sevenfold, City of Evil. Cool
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Greg's Reviews of Musical Albums   Greg's Reviews of Musical Albums EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 1:32 am

Trey Songz's Chapter V.

YOU NEED MORE R&B IN YOUR LIFE, PIMP!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greg's Reviews of Musical Albums   Greg's Reviews of Musical Albums Empty

Back to top Go down

Greg's Reviews of Musical Albums

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1