HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rick Ross suing LMFAO over Party Rock Anthem lyric

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Rick Ross suing LMFAO over Party Rock Anthem lyric Empty
PostSubject: Rick Ross suing LMFAO over Party Rock Anthem lyric   Rick Ross suing LMFAO over Party Rock Anthem lyric EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 3:05 pm

Rick Ross is suing LMFAO over some of their 'Party Rock Anthem' lyrics.
The 37-year-old rapper has filed a copyright infringement lawsuit against the electropop duo after claiming the pair's use of phrase ''everyday I'm shuffling''' in the 2010 chart-topper is too similar to the phrase ''everyday I'm hustlin''', which was on his 2006 hit 'Hustlin'.

He alleges LMFAO's lyric is an ''obvious attempt to capitalise on the fame and success of Hustlin''' and is ''performed in a manner to sound like'' Ross' own.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, the lawsuit, which was filed in Florida federal court, states: ''The use of 'Hustlin' in 'Party Rock Anthem' is readily apparent, despite the slight change from 'Everyday I'm hustlin' ... to 'Everyday I'm shufflin' ... and constitutes, inter alia, the creation of an unauthorised derivative work.''

Rick is seeking an injunction and maximum statutory damages from the uncle and nephew pair - Stefan Kendal Gordy (Redfoo) and Skyler Austen Gordy (SkyBlu) - as he claims the lyric has helped LMFAO sell 7.5 million copies of 'Party Rock Anthem', which has been licensed for movies and TV shows.

The lawsuit states: ''The phrase is so important to the success of 'Party Rock Anthem,' that LMFAO launched a highly successful clothing line, Party Rock Clothing, that features the phrase on T-shirts and other clothing items.''
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: Rick Ross suing LMFAO over Party Rock Anthem lyric   Rick Ross suing LMFAO over Party Rock Anthem lyric EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 3:33 pm

Like a BOSS.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Rick Ross suing LMFAO over Party Rock Anthem lyric   Rick Ross suing LMFAO over Party Rock Anthem lyric EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 3:37 pm

Why did he wait this long to sue them?

I hate Ross and LMFAO though, so I don't care what happens here.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Rick Ross suing LMFAO over Party Rock Anthem lyric   Rick Ross suing LMFAO over Party Rock Anthem lyric EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 3:45 pm

Giggity Gopher wrote:
Why did he wait this long to sue them?

He actually found out in 2010, and immediately stormed off to his lawyers. He's only taken this long because he had to stop so often to catch his breath.

The fat cunt.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Rick Ross suing LMFAO over Party Rock Anthem lyric   Rick Ross suing LMFAO over Party Rock Anthem lyric EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 3:45 pm

Like he hasn't sampled anything before? Indifferent
Back to top Go down
Caine
Superkick Party
Superkick Party
Caine

PostSubject: Re: Rick Ross suing LMFAO over Party Rock Anthem lyric   Rick Ross suing LMFAO over Party Rock Anthem lyric EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 4:52 pm

Somebody gon' get they ass kicked!
Somebody gon' get they wig split!
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Rick Ross suing LMFAO over Party Rock Anthem lyric   Rick Ross suing LMFAO over Party Rock Anthem lyric EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 8:42 pm

^ lol.

Anyway, I dislike both of them. But Rick Ross is gross.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rick Ross suing LMFAO over Party Rock Anthem lyric   Rick Ross suing LMFAO over Party Rock Anthem lyric Empty

Back to top Go down

Rick Ross suing LMFAO over Party Rock Anthem lyric

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1