HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Another WWE Title Unification?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Another WWE Title Unification? Empty
PostSubject: Another WWE Title Unification?   Another WWE Title Unification? EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 10:50 am

There's a new feature on WWE.com looking at the possibility of another WWE title unification. The article asks whether or not the WWE Intercontinental & US Championships should be unified. Big E. Langston and Dean Ambrose were quoted in the article.

Big E. Langston had the following to say about the idea:

"I’d be open to it. If it strengthens the legitimacy of both titles, then I’m all for it."

Current United States champion Dean Ambrose added the following:

"It’d be a good thing as long as they made one good looking championship for me to haul around, because I’d definitely be the one holding it."

Both men were also asked about the possibility of a new, separate title being created for the unified champion. Ambrose said that he'd prefer that to happen instead of him having to haul around both titles. However, Langston said he wouldn't want to see the Intercontinental Championship go anywhere because it's too prestigious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another WWE Title Unification?   Another WWE Title Unification? EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 11:10 am

The U.S. title would probably just be absorbed by the Intercontinental title. Not only is the U.S. title a leftover from WCW, which makes it less valuable in Vince's eyes, the United States is also part of a continent.
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Another WWE Title Unification?   Another WWE Title Unification? EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 11:16 am

I wouldn't mind this. Fewer titles means (ideally) that the remaining titles mean more.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV

PostSubject: Re: Another WWE Title Unification?   Another WWE Title Unification? EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 11:29 am

I agree with Langston, the IC title has been around far too long. Plus when they got rid of it in 2002, people called for it to come back real fucking quick.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Another WWE Title Unification?   Another WWE Title Unification? EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 11:31 am

A: Mink. Make your sig smaller.

B: For a company this big, I think only having 2 singles titles isn't enough. They really should keep the US title.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another WWE Title Unification?   Another WWE Title Unification? EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 11:57 am

tho I think the US and IC should be unified, I think there being 3 singles championship is a good. A Major, Mid card and lower card. However when you don't give that lower card championship some kind of meaning, it just feels meh. A Gimmick championship would be good and gives the lower card guys to go after. Maybe a TV championship, a Hardcore championship, or like I said an Interactive Championship.
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Another WWE Title Unification?   Another WWE Title Unification? EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 12:03 pm

Ghost of Xtrememas Past wrote:
tho I think the US and IC should be unified, I think there being 3 singles championship is a good. A Major, Mid card and lower card. However when you don't give that lower card championship some kind of meaning, it just feels meh. A Gimmick championship would be good and gives the lower card guys to go after. Maybe a TV championship, a Hardcore championship, or like I said an Interactive Championship.

Perhaps they can legitimize Zack Ryder's Internet title, then. Trollface! 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another WWE Title Unification?   Another WWE Title Unification? EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 12:06 pm

^ and lose it on it's debut appearance
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another WWE Title Unification?   Another WWE Title Unification? EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 1:31 pm

That would be hilarious if that title debuted on Raw and Ryder lost it in his first defense
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Another WWE Title Unification?   Another WWE Title Unification? EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 1:35 pm

I could see them doing exactly that. Vince approaching Ryder backstage, and telling him that they're bringing his internet title up to Monday Night RAW, and they want him to introduce it with a promo and defend it that very night. Ryder's all excited, and then Vince says "...and you're dropping it to Kofi, because he never gets to hold midcard titles."
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV

PostSubject: Re: Another WWE Title Unification?   Another WWE Title Unification? EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 1:44 pm

Would make my night, TBH
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: Another WWE Title Unification?   Another WWE Title Unification? EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 1:48 pm

^^ Baha. Funny

I don't really want to see these titles unified just yet, hopefully they can find ways to use their talents and these belts well, and if they still aren't able to bring some solid ideas in to keep both belts prestigious, they should unify.
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Another WWE Title Unification?   Another WWE Title Unification? EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 2:00 pm

Yup, 'cause putting the WHC on Cena wasn't enough to bring prestige back to the WHC, so they decided to make Randy the WWE World Heavyweight Champion. Dean Ambrose' extended reign as US Champion isn't doing him any favors and so far, the same thing is happening to Big E. They're more focused on The World's Strongest Tag Team than having Big E focus on his title run. We all know he's going to squash Fandango when he defends against him. It's just no secret that both titles mean almost nothing as singles championships now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another WWE Title Unification?   Another WWE Title Unification? EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 2:21 pm

I find it funny that people said the WHC would main event PPVs just because Cena was involved. There would be prestige they said! It would finally end shows they said! The title matches ended up in the middle of the card on both Hell in a Cell AND Survivor Series.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Another WWE Title Unification?   Another WWE Title Unification? EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 4:28 pm

The WHC was just that bad Fail! 

PostSubject: Re: Another WWE Title Unification?   Another WWE Title Unification? EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 4:32 pm

Turboman wrote:
I agree with Langston, the IC title has been around far too long. Plus when they got rid of it in 2002, people called for it to come back real fucking quick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another WWE Title Unification?   Another WWE Title Unification? EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 12:45 am

The problem with the WHC (and the mid-card titles, while we're at it), is that who holds the title doesn't give a championship prestige. How long someone holds a title doesn't give it prestige. Having investing storylines with exciting turns and satisfying conclusions is what gives a title prestige.

People are invested in a championship in so much as it entertains them. If it's just a piece of metal a guy carries around, and the holder isn't in any different a position for having it, then nobody will give a crap. John Cena came back and won the world title, but nobody cared because he was taking it off a guy with no heat in a match with literally no build other than John Cena's workout video.
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Another WWE Title Unification?   Another WWE Title Unification? EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 10:19 am

^
Agreed 100%. I don't like how they just said "Oh Cena's coming back early? Here ya go" *hands him the WHC*. Bad move by WWE. It's like they don't care about building shit up anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another WWE Title Unification?   Another WWE Title Unification? Empty

Back to top Go down

Another WWE Title Unification?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1