HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Smackdown to go live?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Smackdown to go live? Empty
PostSubject: Smackdown to go live?   Smackdown to go live? EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 2:08 pm

According to Variety, WWE is still looking to significantly increase the $139.5 million in TV licensing fees that they earn in a year. The trade reports that WWE would consider a major change to their programming to make this possible, taking Smackdown live…

WWE is considering a live version of its two-hour "SmackDown," which currently is taped on Tuesday before its Friday airing. To do that, costs to produce the series would increase, due to scheduling, and the show would likely need to move to a new night. But WWE would be willing to make the switch in return for a better fee for the series.
Read more at http://www.411mania.com/wrestling/news/307205/WWE-May-Make-Smackdown-a-Live-Show-on-a-New-Night-For-Possible-TV-Rights-Fees-Increase.htm#Pv164sb6EBgcC4Gq.99
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown to go live?   Smackdown to go live? EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 5:28 am

But- But I like getting Smackdown early before the Americans!!

They should test it out though. For a bit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown to go live?   Smackdown to go live? EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 7:49 am

Yeah That 
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown to go live?   Smackdown to go live? EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 10:37 am

Pointless without a brand split...

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown to go live?   Smackdown to go live? EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 11:06 am

Yeah That, but I suspect a brand split will be re-instated if this happens. Funny Guessing that's the payoff to the current storyline. After WM, the brands re-split, with actual splits. I don\'t know

Smackdown to go live? FJBloTX
Smackdown to go live? Rmt9lhM
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown to go live?   Smackdown to go live? EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 11:10 am

Ohhh that'd be sweet.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown to go live?   Smackdown to go live? EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 11:30 am

I suppose a brand split might benefit some of the lower card guys. Like, say you had Punk and Cena on RAW, but Orton and Bryan on Smackdown. You can't just have them fighting for the title against each other all the time, so they'd have to push someone like Ziggler, or Ryback, or (plz no) Del Rio.

The one problem I'd have with a brand split is that I really like the idea of having one main champion in a company, but maybe if they kept the two brands apart as much as possible, they could manage to make both titles seem important to that brand. Then the only time I'd have the two brands ever meet is for the draft lottery show, and maybe for a once-a-year PPV like Bragging Rights, where the two brands have a kind of battle against each other - with the main event being RAW's champ vs. Smackdown's champ.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown to go live?   Smackdown to go live? EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 12:59 pm

I think WWE should stay away from the brand split as it was used for a long ass time, albeit poorly, and is stale at this point.

If they actually used Smackdown in a way that contributes plots to storylines significantly, then it would be good to watch live, but the way it's been for years is running off the same script. But watching wrestling live is always better than taped regardless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown to go live?   Smackdown to go live? EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 1:13 pm

They dont have a large enough roster anymore for a brand split
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smackdown to go live?   Smackdown to go live? Empty

Back to top Go down

Smackdown to go live?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1