HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PS4's Share Button Used Nearly 11 Million Times

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PS4's Share Button Used Nearly 11 Million Times Empty
PostSubject: PS4's Share Button Used Nearly 11 Million Times   PS4's Share Button Used Nearly 11 Million Times EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 4:36 pm

The ability to easily stream live gameplay to Twitch and Ustream through PlayStation 4 appears to be a tremendously popular feature, if new data released by Sony is any indication.

In less than a month, the Share button on the new DualShock 4 has been used to access the Share Menu more than 10.9 million times. From there, gamers can easily stream footage of the game they are playing to Twitch or Ustream, a feature that is clearly appreciated. Between the system's launch on November 15 and December 9, there were almost 800,000 gameplay broadcasts and over 7.1 million individual spectating sessions across Twitch and Ustream.

Combined, that adds up to more than 20 million minutes of gameplay that's been streamed from PS4 in just a few weeks' time. Regarding Twitch specifically, 10 percent of the service's content has come from PS4 since November 15.

Today's press release didn't provide any update on PS4 sales figures, which were announced to be over 2.1 million units worldwide as of earlier this month. The system launched in North America on November 15, followed by launches in much of Europe and Australia on November 29. A launch in Japan won't be coming until February.

Twitch cracked down on non-gaming PS4 streams last month, although users are still free to use the service to discuss games in lieu of streaming gameplay from them.
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: PS4's Share Button Used Nearly 11 Million Times   PS4's Share Button Used Nearly 11 Million Times EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 8:43 pm

That's quite a nice achievement.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS4's Share Button Used Nearly 11 Million Times   PS4's Share Button Used Nearly 11 Million Times EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 7:07 pm

Damn. That's a lot. I'd use this.

Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: PS4's Share Button Used Nearly 11 Million Times   PS4's Share Button Used Nearly 11 Million Times EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 1:26 pm

I ain't even used it once yet Funny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS4's Share Button Used Nearly 11 Million Times   PS4's Share Button Used Nearly 11 Million Times EmptyThu Dec 12, 2013 2:23 pm

Chilly Twitch stream, gogogogogogogogogogoggogogogogogo
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: PS4's Share Button Used Nearly 11 Million Times   PS4's Share Button Used Nearly 11 Million Times EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 3:02 pm

Yeah, watching me fail hard at Killzone is probably not something people would want to see Funny
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: PS4's Share Button Used Nearly 11 Million Times   PS4's Share Button Used Nearly 11 Million Times EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 3:03 pm

Dude, that's what streaming is all about, laughing at how bad the guy playing is and the stupid shit that happens to them. Funny
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: PS4's Share Button Used Nearly 11 Million Times   PS4's Share Button Used Nearly 11 Million Times EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 3:04 pm

xD

Yeah, but I fail so hard I can't even get multiplayer to work Funny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PS4's Share Button Used Nearly 11 Million Times   PS4's Share Button Used Nearly 11 Million Times EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 1:03 pm

Chilly wrote:
Yeah, watching me fail hard at Killzone is probably not something people would want to see Funny

Ive watched worse on Twitch  lol! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS4's Share Button Used Nearly 11 Million Times   PS4's Share Button Used Nearly 11 Million Times Empty

Back to top Go down

PS4's Share Button Used Nearly 11 Million Times

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1