HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is Nintendo Claiming Copyright on YouTube Videos Again?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

Is Nintendo Claiming Copyright on YouTube Videos Again? Empty
PostSubject: Is Nintendo Claiming Copyright on YouTube Videos Again?   Is Nintendo Claiming Copyright on YouTube Videos Again? EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 3:43 pm

A number of Twitter users are claiming that Nintendo is once again issuing copyright claims on YouTube Let's Plays of its titles.

The claim, spotted by Go Nintendo, includes several images that highlight claims being made against the use of Nintendo soundtracks in videos.

Is Nintendo Claiming Copyright on YouTube Videos Again? BbFF8iNCIAIlAzd

Quote :
Josh Thomas @TheBitBlock
Follow
Well sadly it looks like Nintendo's legal department is at it again. I'm getting copyright disputes on Youtube...
11:15 PM - 9 Dec 2013

While several outlets around the web have been quick to lay the blame at Nintendo's door following its previous assault against user-created videos featuring its content earlier this year, it appears their ire could be misplaced.

Nintendo Enthusiast explains that the Content ID sweep adversely affecting Nintendo vloggers wasn't actually caused by the company at all; in fact, its YouTube's doing following an update to its policies.

The rules were apparently rewritten following legal issues between the National Music Publishers Association an multichannel network Fullscreen. Ever since then, YouTube has been filtering all its videos through a Content ID matching sweep that, given the colossal number of videos on the platform, is still ongoing even now.

The irony here is that in some instances YouTube users are being penalised for videos that they were commissioned to make by the companies that are being cited in the claims.

Quote :
Andre (BlackNerd) @BlackNerd
Follow
I got YouTube copyright claim notices for videos by companies that personally asked me to make the videos! Perfect new monetization service!
10:28 PM - 9 Dec 2013

It seems, for the time being at least, that Nintendo is entirely innocent of offences this time around, while YouTube still has some kinks it needs to work out when it comes to its new policies.

Regardless, we've reached out to Nintendo for clarification over whether it's changed its policy when it comes to user-created YouTube content, and will update the story when we hear back.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Is Nintendo Claiming Copyright on YouTube Videos Again?   Is Nintendo Claiming Copyright on YouTube Videos Again? EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 3:50 pm

I find it stupid that the music company doesn't let videos of the game that contain the song go. Like seriously, the main channel that I watch videos and streams of plays Kingdom Hearts a lot, and any video containing the main theme of the series gets muted by the record company. It's fucking retarded.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Is Nintendo Claiming Copyright on YouTube Videos Again?   Is Nintendo Claiming Copyright on YouTube Videos Again? EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 4:41 pm

I've never understood why any company copyrights this stuff. It's not like anyone is just managing to download the game for free and play it. If anything it gives them free exposure and if I see some game is awesome, I'll likely buy it. That happened when I saw Kirby on Game Grumps. Looked epic so I spent forever trying to find a copy lol.

But yeah, the music thing is dumb. Shaking Head
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Is Nintendo Claiming Copyright on YouTube Videos Again?   Is Nintendo Claiming Copyright on YouTube Videos Again? EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 4:45 pm

Yeah That Funny

I love watching gaming videos, if I like the game, I'll want to play it anyway. It's so stupid when they get bitchy over copyright laws.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Nintendo Claiming Copyright on YouTube Videos Again?   Is Nintendo Claiming Copyright on YouTube Videos Again? EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 6:26 pm

Its not even Nintendo, its YouTube...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Nintendo Claiming Copyright on YouTube Videos Again?   Is Nintendo Claiming Copyright on YouTube Videos Again? EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 7:54 pm

YouTube sucks now. I blame Google for fucking it up. I still go on both but gawd it grates me.

Also, companies shouldn't be so tight too if their shit is being promoted.
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: Is Nintendo Claiming Copyright on YouTube Videos Again?   Is Nintendo Claiming Copyright on YouTube Videos Again? EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 8:32 pm

That whole Google+/YouTube crap just ruined it for me. I just logged out of my account, plus it bugs me every 5 seconds to change my name to my gmail name.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Is Nintendo Claiming Copyright on YouTube Videos Again?   Is Nintendo Claiming Copyright on YouTube Videos Again? EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 8:37 pm

It literally forced me to change to my mom's MSN Email address, and then made me a second account as my old username, from which I can't read my notifications. Fucking bullshit is what it is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Nintendo Claiming Copyright on YouTube Videos Again?   Is Nintendo Claiming Copyright on YouTube Videos Again? EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 8:41 pm

That was annoying. I had to change my name though because I couldn't comment on videos. So now my YouTube and Google+ accounts are the same. I still don't like it.

They forced me Sad I can't not comment on videos, ya know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Nintendo Claiming Copyright on YouTube Videos Again?   Is Nintendo Claiming Copyright on YouTube Videos Again? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Nintendo Claiming Copyright on YouTube Videos Again?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1