HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fallout 4 'Survivor 2299' teaser site a hoax

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Fallout 4 'Survivor 2299' teaser site a hoax Empty
PostSubject: Fallout 4 'Survivor 2299' teaser site a hoax   Fallout 4 'Survivor 2299' teaser site a hoax EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 3:56 pm

Over the weekend an update to the “Survivor 2299″ Fallout 4 teaser site confirmed that it was all just a hoax, and now the owner has revealed his reasons for creating the site.

During a recent Reddit AMA, “DCHoaxer” revealed that he created the site to try and force Bethesda into announcing Fallout 4 at the VGX awards—how he thought this would work is beyond me. He was finally forced to end the hoax after Bethesda contacted him. The site itself featured a countdown timer, which was set to end this week, and a number of coded messages.

“Some men just want to watch the world burn,” he said. “I wanted to force Bethesda to reveal something during VGX, and bring the Fallout community together (for at least 3 weeks). Unfortunately, this plan failed.”

If Bethesda hadn’t got in contact with him, “DCHoaxer” planned to release a CGI trailer as the next part of the hoax. “I’m one of these ‘selfish ba****ds with a lot of money’ so I wanted to release a CGI trailer. But Pete (Hines, Bethesda’s head of PR) killed my plans. Maybe I’ll release it later along with the script, so somebody else can use it… I don’t want to p**s off Bethesda at this time even more.”

According to “DCHoaxer,” the whole thing cost him around $900—for website hosting and the rental of a phone number for visitors to call. “That’s nothing for me,” he said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 'Survivor 2299' teaser site a hoax   Fallout 4 'Survivor 2299' teaser site a hoax EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 3:06 pm

Fucking FUCK! Fallout 3 was and still is my favorite game of all time! New Vegas was a good game (and probably the "real" fallout 3) but GOD DAMNIT I WANT SOME CONFIRMATION ON FALLOUT 4!!!!

When Razor speaks 
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 'Survivor 2299' teaser site a hoax   Fallout 4 'Survivor 2299' teaser site a hoax EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 3:35 pm

ROFL!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fallout 4 'Survivor 2299' teaser site a hoax   Fallout 4 'Survivor 2299' teaser site a hoax Empty

Back to top Go down

Fallout 4 'Survivor 2299' teaser site a hoax

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1