HomeHomeSearchRegisterLog in

The Comm Center

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Sarge
Show Opener
Sarge

The Comm Center - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Comm Center   The Comm Center - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 2:12 pm

@Saintpat wrote:
OK, this is one you can answer as it has nothing to do with your work.

You seem like a workout guy and I was wondering how you motivate yourself to make time (and the effort) when things are very busy.

I did a good job from July through probably October and things got busy at work and I'd miss a day here or there, then a few days here or there and then ... nothing. It seems like I when I get in a groove the momentum carries me but I have trouble when my forward progress gets interrupted.

I'm starting back today and so far so good. Should be smooth sailing schedule-wise until I have a road trip from late December through early January, and I can do a little while I'm on the road.

So the question is how do you motivate yourself? How do you make time? How do you keep it up when you can't make it an everyday thing?

I motivate myself with memories from my days in boot camp, when my DI would say, "You're nothing! You'll never make it in the Army! You're too soft!" Use whatever works for you.

How do I make time? I try to find the time. Even if it's just doing a few pushups in-between calls at work.

Nobody I know can "make" working out an every day thing. Just do what you can, when you can. Most fitness experts recommend working out 30 to 60 minutes a day, three or four days a week.

I don't have a set regimen like I used to have. I just do whatever I feel like I'm able to do.

Last edited by Sgt. Stafford on Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.flickr.com/photos/btownpatchguy/sets/
Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

PostSubject: Re: The Comm Center   The Comm Center - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 2:17 pm

Who ya got in the BCS game?

If there were a four-team playoff this year, which teams should have been in? Who wins the semis and who wins the final?
Back to top Go down
Sarge
Show Opener
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: The Comm Center   The Comm Center - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 2:22 pm

I've got Florida State ALWAYS!!! lol

If the four team format were this year?

Just FBS teams: Florida State, Auburn, Ohio State, Missouri. FSU and Missouri would win the semis, and FSU would ultimately run away from Missouri.
FBS/FCS teams (without the BCS, FCS teams might have a shot next year): Florida State, North Dakota State, Auburn, and Eastern Illinois. I think FSU and NDSU win the semis, and FSU pulls out a close one in the final.
Back to top Go down
Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

PostSubject: Re: The Comm Center   The Comm Center - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 6:00 pm

Sgt. Stafford wrote:
I've got Florida State ALWAYS!!! lol

If the four team format were this year?

Just FBS teams: Florida State, Auburn, Ohio State, Missouri. FSU and Missouri would win the semis, and FSU would ultimately run away from Missouri.
FBS/FCS teams (without the BCS, FCS teams might have a shot next year): Florida State, North Dakota State, Auburn, and Eastern Illinois. I think FSU and NDSU win the semis, and FSU pulls out a close one in the final.

Ummm, that's kind of insane with the FCS teams. They have their own division, their own playoff, and cannot make the big-boy playoff.
Back to top Go down
Sarge
Show Opener
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: The Comm Center   The Comm Center - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 6:43 pm

Quite a few of the FCS teams can go toe-to-toe with the FBS teams.
Back to top Go down
Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

PostSubject: Re: The Comm Center   The Comm Center - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 2:53 am

Sgt. Stafford wrote:

True, in limited cases (i.e. Geoorgia Soutern vs. terrible Florida team) but they aren't eligible for the Division I playoff, nor have they been eligible for the BCS.

Seems like your jobs as a fiireman and on the call center involve a lot of down time -- you're waiting for a fire (and I know there's constant training) or waiting for an emergency call. So what do you do to occupy that time while still staying mentally alert for a major deal that could happen at any moment?
Back to top Go down
Sarge
Show Opener
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: The Comm Center   The Comm Center - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 9:30 am

@Saintpat wrote:
Sgt. Stafford wrote:

True, in limited cases (i.e. Geoorgia Soutern vs. terrible Florida team) but they aren't eligible for the Division I playoff, nor have they been eligible for the BCS.

Seems like your jobs as a fiireman and on the call center involve a lot of down time -- you're waiting for a fire (and I know there's constant training) or waiting for an emergency call. So what do you do to occupy that time while still staying mentally alert for a major deal that could happen at any moment?

When I'm on-duty at the 911 Center and we're pretty slow, I'll kill some time by planning pranks on fellow Dispatchers or browsing the Internet.

And, remember, I'm not a firefighter anymore. Funny
Back to top Go down
Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

PostSubject: Re: The Comm Center   The Comm Center - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 12:04 pm

Yeah the fireman part was meant past tense. And I know with that you have to take care of the equipment and stuff, but I'm sure there's also down time.

What's the best prank you've pulled at the 911 Center?
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: The Comm Center   The Comm Center - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 4:09 pm

What's your intake on the Edward Snowden scandal?

Are you a fan of President Obama?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Comm Center   The Comm Center - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 8:21 pm

What are your plans for Christmas and the New Year?
Back to top Go down
Sarge
Show Opener
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: The Comm Center   The Comm Center - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 10:57 am

Pat: The best prank I've pulled since I've been in Georgia is the Tabasco Sauce in the Chief's coffee. Funny I've also unleashed my stash of stinkbombs. Funny

Rock: No opinion on either one. Shaking Head

Realt: I'll be off for Christmas, and New Years' Day 2014 will be the first birthday of my youngest ones. Twins, one boy and one girl.
Back to top Go down
StraightEdge Rurouni
WTF Its StraightEdge
StraightEdge Rurouni

PostSubject: Re: The Comm Center   The Comm Center - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 3:18 pm

Why did you switch between army/airforce?
Back to top Go down
Sarge
Show Opener
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: The Comm Center   The Comm Center - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 3:20 pm

I just wanted a change of scenery. Plus, my C.O. thought I'd done all I could do in the Army.
Back to top Go down
StraightEdge Rurouni
WTF Its StraightEdge
StraightEdge Rurouni

PostSubject: Re: The Comm Center   The Comm Center - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 3:26 pm

What was your job?  Must have been a tough market for advancement if you were getting that at Sgt.
Back to top Go down
Sarge
Show Opener
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: The Comm Center   The Comm Center - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 3:27 pm

I was much higher than Sergeant. I left as a Colonel. I was assigned to the 101st Airborne in the Army, and was a Firefighter in the Air Force in Russia.
Back to top Go down
StraightEdge Rurouni
WTF Its StraightEdge
StraightEdge Rurouni

PostSubject: Re: The Comm Center   The Comm Center - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 3:30 pm

So why Sgt for your username out of curiosity?  Just preferred the prefix or?
Back to top Go down
Sarge
Show Opener
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: The Comm Center   The Comm Center - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 24, 2013 3:32 pm

My nickname was Sarge since I was in High School. Funny

Plus, "Sgt. Stafford" was the name of a wrestler I created about 15 years ago.  Funny
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: The Comm Center   The Comm Center - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 10:08 pm

Do you like to dance? Happy Dance 

Sarge
Show Opener
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: The Comm Center   The Comm Center - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 28, 2013 10:11 pm

I'll do some line dancin' every now and then.   Happy Dance
Back to top Go down
Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

PostSubject: Re: The Comm Center   The Comm Center - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 1:18 am

Have you ever used the Jaws of Life?

Are they the coolest thing ever?
Back to top Go down
Sarge
Show Opener
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: The Comm Center   The Comm Center - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 29, 2013 8:34 am

I have used the Jaws of Life. I'm a certified Extrication Technician.

When it comes to the tools used in the fire service, the Jaws are among the coolest.
Back to top Go down
Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

PostSubject: Re: The Comm Center   The Comm Center - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 7:29 pm

What's your favorite badge in your collection? Your most obscure?

Favorite patch? Most obscure?
Back to top Go down
Sarge
Show Opener
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: The Comm Center   The Comm Center - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 7:33 pm

My favorite badge would be the one I got from a retired Los Angeles County Fire Department Battalion Chief (who was also one of my high school teachers) in 1997. My most obscure is my old Nokomis Volunteer Fire Department badge, the very first I wore, back in 1996.

My favorite patch? Since my favorite TV show is Emergency!, my favorite patch is Los Angeles County Fire Department Station 127's patch ("Home Of The Show"). My most obscure would be my Chicago (IL) 911 patch I got about a year ago. Funny
Back to top Go down
Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

PostSubject: Re: The Comm Center   The Comm Center - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 7:35 pm

Nice. I remember Emergency. Good show.

I have an FDNY longshoreman's cap that my parents got me at a fire station there a little after 9/11.
Back to top Go down
Sarge
Show Opener
Sarge

PostSubject: Re: The Comm Center   The Comm Center - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 11, 2014 7:36 pm

I couldn't tell you how much stuff I have from NYC in general. Funny
Back to top Go down

The Comm Center

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Wrestle Fanatics :: Popular Demand :: The Hut :: Member Interviews-