HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gotham Has a Potential Timeline

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

Gotham Has a Potential Timeline Empty
PostSubject: Gotham Has a Potential Timeline   Gotham Has a Potential Timeline EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 5:23 am

Does the pilot episode center around a very familiar case to Batman fans?

It looks like we may have a timeline for FOX's upcoming Gotham TV series, about a younger James Gordon.

Bleeding Cool reports that they have inside information on the pilot for Gotham. According to their source in Warner Bros., “The pilot script for Gotham has Detective Jim Gordon trying to solve a very famous double homicide.”

Sounds like they might be taking a cue from Batman Begins, having a young Gordon investigate the deaths of Bruce Wayne's parents. While time-skips and flashbacks/flashforwards are certainly possible, setting the timeline that early would also give the showrunners an excuse to not feature Batman and the more colorful elements of his rogues gallery in every episode. That seems like a bummer at first, but this could potentially mean a deeper character study of Gordon and the Gotham City Police Department than we have ever seen on-screen. Considering how much baggage Gordon carries in the comics, Gotham could make for a fascinating drama. It could also introduce classic secondary characters like detectives Harvey Bullock and Renee Montoya into the realm of live-action.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Gotham Has a Potential Timeline   Gotham Has a Potential Timeline EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 10:51 am

I can't wait to watch this show. I mean I REALLY REALLY wish they were going to include Batman in it, but I'm still going to watch it.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Gotham Has a Potential Timeline   Gotham Has a Potential Timeline EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 12:07 pm

I still think having Batman in it wouldn't work as he's too big a character now to be put on TV rather than a film.

I bet the whole thing eventually ends with Bruce Wayne becoming Batman and you see Affleck in the batsuit at the end to end it's run, acting as prequel to any films they make.

Should be a good watch though if they toss enough money at it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gotham Has a Potential Timeline   Gotham Has a Potential Timeline EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 12:09 pm

Theyve already explained how Bruce Wayne becomes Batman in the films...twice. Having it being explained again in a tv series would be overkill IMO.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Gotham Has a Potential Timeline   Gotham Has a Potential Timeline EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 12:11 pm

But it's rebooted now, so everything before doesn't apply. You know they'll do it somehow.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Gotham Has a Potential Timeline   Gotham Has a Potential Timeline EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 12:29 pm

They made Smallville for Superman, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D for Avengers, etc. I'm sure they can very well make a Batman show work lol. It would just be like the Animated Series just live action.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Gotham Has a Potential Timeline   Gotham Has a Potential Timeline EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 12:32 pm

Agents of Shield doesn't have legit superheroes in it though, just these goofy ass agents Funny (I am so behind on that show, btw, it's criminal...) and I never watched Smallville.

What I mean is TV doesn't have the same budget as films do, so it's still limited in the effects possible. One day it will get the point where it will happen, but just not yet. It'll be cool when it does.

The next step are larger crossovers with the films, like Iron Man appearing on Agents of Shield for one episode for example.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Gotham Has a Potential Timeline   Gotham Has a Potential Timeline EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 12:53 pm

Ahhh gotcha. Idk, I still really want a Batman show. Sad

I mean if they can pull it off with all the effects for Smallville with Superman, I'm sure down the line they could do the same for Batman which wouldn't need as much as Superman. Funny
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gotham Has a Potential Timeline   Gotham Has a Potential Timeline EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 11:11 pm

There will never be a live action Batman show, for reasons already stated. I would be thrilled of course if there was, but I just don't see that happening when they make so much money off his movies.

And Affleck as Bruce seems to be a one time deal with the Superman film (thank Christ) so I don't see him being in this in any capacity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gotham Has a Potential Timeline   Gotham Has a Potential Timeline EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 12:13 am

Affleck is supposed to be Batman in several movies, actually
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Gotham Has a Potential Timeline   Gotham Has a Potential Timeline EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 4:58 am

Yeah, he's signed up for several films I heard.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gotham Has a Potential Timeline   Gotham Has a Potential Timeline EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 2:48 pm

Are you serious? I thought originally he was just casted for this Superman vs. Batman crap?

Total bullshit. Not only is he a terrible choice but hes too damn old to be Batman for any length of time. The dude is 41. Are we really going to have a mid-40s to early 50 year old Batman in these films????
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Gotham Has a Potential Timeline   Gotham Has a Potential Timeline EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 2:54 pm

Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Gotham Has a Potential Timeline   Gotham Has a Potential Timeline EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 3:09 pm

Relax, we haven't even seen him as Batman. It wouldn't make any sense to continue to change Batman every few movies.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gotham Has a Potential Timeline   Gotham Has a Potential Timeline EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 4:11 pm

Unless a Batman Beyond storyline comes into play, it makes less sense to have an old actor play Batman.

IF they did a Batman Beyond storyline though.....all would be forgiven. I would bow before the greatness of DC Comics if they went that route. I would sincerely apologize to everyone for ever saying Affleck was a bad choice. But I doubt they will be bringing Terry McGuiness to the big screen anytime soon. I actually doubt that they ever will, but I can dream.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Gotham Has a Potential Timeline   Gotham Has a Potential Timeline EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 5:56 pm

Am I the only Batman fan that didn't really like Beyond? Funny

Also, Ben doesn't look that old. Just cause he's like 40 doesnt mean he can't play a 34-35 year old.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gotham Has a Potential Timeline   Gotham Has a Potential Timeline EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 7:41 pm

^No, I have a couple of friends who hated it. However, their hatred was directed at the fact that Bruce Wayne wasn't batman. The only real beef I had with it was the total lack of creativity when it came to the villains. It was always just a new catwoman, joker, ect. But that epic looking batsuit made up for it to me. I even read the god awful Beyond comics Funny

Maybe, I just don't think he has the look anymore. Then again, I don't see why Batman has to be in the Superman trilogy anyway, so its whatever.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Gotham Has a Potential Timeline   Gotham Has a Potential Timeline EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 7:53 pm

I love that they're doing a crossover.

Also, I didnt like the Beyond suit. I mean, it looks cool, just not for Batman. Maybe if he had a cape I'd love it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gotham Has a Potential Timeline   Gotham Has a Potential Timeline EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 7:56 pm

Capes are obsolete by then. Gawd. *In nerdy patient voice* They explained that! That's why his wings extend from his arms so he can glide.

lol Idk, I'll always be a mark for Batman Beyond
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Gotham Has a Potential Timeline   Gotham Has a Potential Timeline EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 7:59 pm

I know why he has the side flaps, I meant aesthetically. Funny
I love the cape. It's one of Batman's coolest parts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gotham Has a Potential Timeline   Gotham Has a Potential Timeline EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 8:03 pm

Batman yes, but I like the sleeker Beyond look for Terry. The cape works on Bruce because that dude is huge and the cape makes him look even more intimidating. But Terry, being more built along the lines of a quicker, skinnier Grayson, would look kind of weird in a cape to me.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Gotham Has a Potential Timeline   Gotham Has a Potential Timeline EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 8:05 pm

Yeah I guess. He'd look like a skinnier TDK Batman lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gotham Has a Potential Timeline   Gotham Has a Potential Timeline Empty

Back to top Go down

Gotham Has a Potential Timeline

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1