HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

American Wolves!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

American Wolves! Empty
PostSubject: American Wolves!   American Wolves! EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 7:49 pm

American Wolves! Us-pit

Back to top Go down

American Wolves! Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Wolves!   American Wolves! EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 8:06 pm

"The American Wolves" Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards worked a match at tonight's WWE NXT TV tapings under the name "The American Pitbulls." The episode will air on December 18th.

The duo received a huge ovation from the crowd and lost to NXT Tag Team Champions The Ascension in a non-title match. Here's a photo:
http://dailywrestlingnews.com/spoiler-photo-huge-tag-team-match-wwe-nxt/

We noted before that Ring of Honor stars Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards were not offered a WWE deal after their tryout because Triple H felt they were built from the same mold as guys like Sami Callihan, Sami Zayn, Daniel Bryan or CM Punk, and WWE has enough "indie-looking" guys. A WWE source said, "Triple H feels we have enough Tyson Kidds."

With Richards and Edwards currently at the WWE Performance Center for a week-long tryout, many fans have been wondering what led to WWE bringing them back. Word is that William Regal went to Triple H and really fought for Richards and Edwards, explaining that they are really good in the ring and deserved to get another look.

Many feel that this week-long tryout may be a precursor to Edwards and Richards being signed to a short three-month deal. The duo may be finishing up with Ring of Honor at the December 14th Final Battle event.
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

American Wolves! Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Wolves!   American Wolves! EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 8:45 pm

Triple H doesn't really have a point there. Seeing as how WWE has got talent scouts looking at indie guys only for them to say that they already have enough "indie-looking guys". It's just hypocritical and stupid of WWE. If you honestly have enough, stop looking. Simple as that. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

American Wolves! Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Wolves!   American Wolves! EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 9:38 pm

Nate wrote:
Triple H doesn't really have a point there. Seeing as how WWE has got talent scouts looking at indie guys only for them to say that they already have enough "indie-looking guys". It's just hypocritical and stupid of WWE. If you honestly have enough, stop looking. Simple as that. I aint bothered
Not at all.

Every guy in the indies doesn't meet his description of indy-looking guys -- Luke Harper, for instance, came from the indies. So you don't ever stop scouting because you never know what you might find.

Or maybe you see an exceptionaly talented "indy-looking guy" and not want him right now but he's someone you want to make sure you keep an eye on for the future.

A baseball team may have all the left-handed pitchers on the roster it needs, but if they find one who throws 105 mph they might change their minds.
Back to top Go down

American Wolves! Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Wolves!   American Wolves! EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 2:07 am

Personally, I'm not a fan of basing hiring primarily on looks. I get where Triple H is coming from, and appearance definitely plays a part in wrestling, but talent really should be the determining factor. If they have talent, bring them in and let them sink or swim. Size should be a secondary concern.

Glad to hear they're getting a chance, though. Good on Regal for fighting for them. Who knows how far they'll go, but having seen some of their work they definitely deserve the opportunity.
Back to top Go down

American Wolves! Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Wolves!   American Wolves! EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 2:40 am

A big factor that should come into play when hiring people are actually 5 things

1- Mic Skills

2- In Ring skills

3- Charisma

4- Unique Character

5- The Look

if you have 5 out of 5 or 4 out of 5 or 3 out of 5 than you should be hired
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

American Wolves! Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Wolves!   American Wolves! EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 7:20 am

That's the thing...these guys have In-Ring Skills and decent character and nothing else. So 1.5. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

American Wolves! Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Wolves!   American Wolves! EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 9:31 am

I think as a team they have a good look, as someone who is hyper critical of the indies.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

American Wolves! Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Wolves!   American Wolves! EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 9:35 am

Edwards has a good look, I'll admit. Richards looks like a serial killer. Indifferent
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

American Wolves! Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Wolves!   American Wolves! EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 11:39 am

I completely agree with Triple H, and he is completely right. If anyone wishes to argue that (Dead) I will actually spend some time writing out an argument for it.

At the same time, even if these guys can't fill a top role, they'd be excellent as a tag team. The tag team division has been slowly improving, adding these guys would be great.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

American Wolves! Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Wolves!   American Wolves! EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 12:44 pm

^
Problem is, WWE only ever has tag teams with them eyeing at least one of the two become potential main event singles stars. They wouldn't last that long as a team in the WWE in all honesty.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

American Wolves! Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Wolves!   American Wolves! EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 12:51 pm

What about The Usos or Los Matadores?
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

American Wolves! Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Wolves!   American Wolves! EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 1:01 pm

If they stick around for much longer dude, I'll be amazed Funny
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

American Wolves! Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Wolves!   American Wolves! EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 1:09 pm

Well The Usos seem to be doing amazing for themselves right now, but ditto on Los Matadores. Funny
Back to top Go down
Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

American Wolves! Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Wolves!   American Wolves! EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 5:10 pm

The world needs jobbers, too.

Not saying Edwards/Richards would just be jobbers, but they could probably start out giving amazing matches and losing, then if they catch on ...
Back to top Go down

American Wolves! Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Wolves!   American Wolves! EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 6:28 pm

Theyd be jobbers in NXT sure, and maybe as a tv enhancement talent...but if its just a call up they wouldnt be jobbers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

American Wolves! Empty
PostSubject: Re: American Wolves!   American Wolves! Empty

Back to top Go down

American Wolves!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1