HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

ENDING PROMO: "Contract Signing of Doom" - Tyler Lawson and David Michaels Promo

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

ENDING PROMO: "Contract Signing of Doom" - Tyler Lawson and David Michaels Promo Empty
PostSubject: ENDING PROMO: "Contract Signing of Doom" - Tyler Lawson and David Michaels Promo   ENDING PROMO: "Contract Signing of Doom" - Tyler Lawson and David Michaels Promo EmptyMon Nov 18, 2013 3:51 pm

Due: Saturday November 23rd, at 11:59 PM EST
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

ENDING PROMO: "Contract Signing of Doom" - Tyler Lawson and David Michaels Promo Empty
PostSubject: Re: ENDING PROMO: "Contract Signing of Doom" - Tyler Lawson and David Michaels Promo   ENDING PROMO: "Contract Signing of Doom" - Tyler Lawson and David Michaels Promo EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 6:09 pm

It's been a long night. Chaos has broken loose, strong words have been laid down, riavlries have taken their last stride towards XtremeMania - except for one. The biggest match of the year is merely days away and the two men set to take part in it are about to make it 100% official. David Michaels. Tyler Lawson. Two men whose history has been intertwined almost from the very beginning of their journeys. Over four years ago these two superstars first met one another and were part of the infamous group known as the D-Generation X World Order. Despite being on the same side, they never seen eye-to-eye, one always infuriating the other. Their careers have taken rather different paths. David Michaels becoming a three time Heavyweight Champion of the World, while Lawson seeking to gain his first. But that little bit of mathematics should not fool anybody. David Michaels may, on paper, be considered the very best today because he has that piece of gold around his waist, but Tyler Lawson is a threat. A serious threat. A threat that has grown in confidence year after year. Both men achieved their goals at the King of Xtreme Pay Per View. Now they are on a collision course where only man is going to walk out of the Tower of Doom match, while the other lies in the crumbled glory that was so close to being their's. This isn't just about the XWA World Heavyweight Championship. It's personal. One man will have the bragging rights that they beat the other on the single biggest stage in professional wrestling. The question is, which one will that be?

The shows comes back from a commercial break and the viewers can see the ring has been converted into almost a press conference like setting. The ring mat has been replaced with a red carpet, with a table sitting in the middle of the ring with a black cloth completely covering it. Adjacent to that is a single podium, which has the XWA XtremeMania 5 logo on the front of it, and has XWA's General Manager, Razor Xtreme, standing behind it. A default graphic comes across the bottom of the screen, stating Razor's name. He is looking rather happy with himself.

Cedar:
"Welcome back to Vendetta, ladies and gentlemen, where we are now on the final stretch towards XtremeMania! As you can see we are all set for the contract signing to make Michaels versus Lawson an official match that will headline the event this Sunday. Now Adam, these two have a long history together and after Michaels actions last week and Lawson's retaliation at the end of that segment, you have to believe that this one may just end up in fireworks."

Dennis:
"Well that would be an understatement! I have never, in all my time here in the XWA, seen to men despise one another as much as these two do. I think both are utter goofballs, but they are certainly willing to rip the other's head off and I too will be amazed if these two men manage to not kick the crap out of each other before the night is done!"

Cedar:
"As you can see, General Manager Razor Xtreme is stood in the centre of the ring and he appears as though he is going to conduct this contract signing. Though I'm not sure how terribly wise that is, as neither Michaels or Lawson are particularly friends with him..."

Dennis:
"Well hopefully they will both team up on him..."

Cedar:
"...what?! Wouldn't that be your worst nightmare?!"

Dennis:
"Yes...BUT...then they might both get fired once and for all!"

Cedar:
"Just for a moment, I thought you had changed..."

Dennis:
"Keeping it real, Cedar, keeping it real."

Razor then taps the microphone that is held up in front of him by a steel pole. A couple of clunks can be heard, indicating that the microphone is indeed working. The crowd are already booing, as they don't want to hear this guy talk any more!

Razor:
"Ahahahem! Ladiees, and gentlemen! We are only a few days away from my very first Pay-Per-View as General Manager of Vendetta! And what a first event, huh? XtremeMania! It's almost as awesome as I am!"

The fans start to cheer at the mention of the biggest event in XWA, but Razor's arrogance quickly changes that. The boos immediately come back with a vengeance, visibly annoying the boss.

Razor:
"Anyway, yes, the show is shaping up real nicely, I'd say. And of course, you all have nobody else to thank for it than your fearless leader for such a fantastic card!"

More booing ensues, and Razor disapointedly shakes his head.

Cedar:
"He's gotta stop showing off!"

Dennis:
"Why? He has a point. He put together a great show!"

Razor:
"However...there is one match taking place this Sunday, that is not yet official. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is the main event! Yes sir, the World Heavyweight Championship is to be defended inside the dreaded Tower of Doom, and I'm out here right now to make this hellacious match official! So without further ado, I'd like to introduce the challenger for the match this Sunday: the King of Xtreme, and a man who has proved his worth not only by losing a tag team match two weeks ago, but also to yours truly last month. Heh heh, ladies and gentlemen, 'The Closet Gay' Tyler Lawson!"

Razor's insult only makes the cheers that much more wild as the #1 contender's music hits. The 'XWA Edit' of this song has been finalized, and has skipped the first few seconds of the intro, starting immediately with the first lyrics. Not making them wait any longer, Lawson himself bursts out from behind the curtain, and the ovation is deafening. High-fiving several fans along the entrance ramp, the Instant Classic briskly makes his way to the squared circle, where he climbs the stairs and walks to the center of the ropes, an eye keeping a close watch on Razor. The general manager holds his hands up as he sees Tyler's scowl. He's not going to do anything...yet.

Cedar:
"There's already tension in the ring, and the world champion isn't even out here yet!"

Dennis:
"Well Lawson had better watch himself. Win or lose this Sunday, he'll have hell to pay if he steps out of line around his boss."

Still wary of Razor, Lawson steps in through the ropes and raises both hands in the air, inciting another spark in the cheers from the crowd as he walks across the ring toward the camera. He heads to the corner, where a worker is waiting to hand him up a microphone. Upon receiving it, the King of Xtreme takes slow, choppy steps toward Razor and his table, placing his hand on it as he waits for his theme music to die down. Eventually, the guitar chugs make a less and less impact, and eventually Tyler can talk. He lets the fans scream a little longer before pulling the microphone up to his lips and addressing his superior.

Lawson:
"Razor, didn't you see the end of the show last week? The closet is no more. The more you call me gay, the worse...you look."

Razor:
"That's MISTER Razor to you, pirate. And just consider yourself lucky I didn't make you come out to more Electric Six."

Lawson rolls his eyes as the fans continue to boo Razor profusely. Just recalling the match he had all those years ago against Xtreme, where the then-Mayhem General Manager made the production truck replace his theme song with "Gay Bar", reaffirms to the Instant Classic his mission to stop the endless torment that has plagued him his entire career.

Lawson:
"Oh yes, see how that works out for you. Last time you did that, you needed stitches."

Razor:
"You watch yourself Lawson...talking like that's gonna earn you an ass-whooping...at least, unless this man gets to you first, ladies and gentlemen the World Heavyweight Champion David Michaels!!"

Razor was never the best at segues...Anyway, the crowd erupts again at the Showstealer's entrance theme, but contrary to Lawson's entrance, this is one of the most mixed reactions you're ever going to hear. There are a lot that love him, there are a lot that hate him, but at least everyone feels strongly about him one way or another: the world champ, David Michaels. Out he comes, alone, belt wrapped around his waist, cowboy hat on, and scowl adorning his face as he shakes his head at the two idiots in the ring. Slowly, he walks down the ramp, already brandishing a microphone of his own. Lawson leans over the table, locking eyes with his future opponent. David's stare never falters as he hops up onto the apron and pulls himself up with the ropes.

Cedar:
"Ab-so-lutely no love lost in this ring right now. These two...hell, these three just completely hate each other!"

Dennis:
"Well I'm with Mr. Razor on this one. I hate both of those clowns!"

Very apprehensively, the champion holds his hat as he slowly dips down and steps over the second rope, letting himself in the ring. Lawson stands up as this staredown for the ages continues in the ring. Without any posturing or taunting going on, there's no reason to keep David's them going, and it quickly dies down as the General Manager looks back and forth from Lawson to Michaels and back again. Gaze unwavering, Michaels pulls his own mic up to his mouth...

Michaels:
"I'm sorry, was this a contract signing or a game of 'Who can get themselves fired the quickest'? 'Cause I'm not sure I want to play that."

Michaels has noticeably just taken a shower after facing Shade not too long ago in the night, his hair still dripping wet under his hat. What is also rather noticeable is that neither Nova or JHalc has came to the ring with him. A sign that Michaels wants to beat Lawson without any dispute about it whatsoever? Maybe. In the meantime, Michaels and Lawson continue their hatred stare to the other, before Razor senses that things may just boil over right away.

Razor:
"OK, OK...take it easy you two. Nobody is going to get fired as long as that sort of tone isn't directed at me. I organised this contract signing to do just that - sign the contract to make your match at XtremeMania official. Now if you would to just both sit down, take it easy and we can get this thing rolling, alright?"

Lawson:
"Whatever..."

The number one contender pulls the chair back that's beside him and sits down on it, resting his elbows on the wooden table - he clearly isn't in the mood for shenanigans tonight. Michaels, on the other hand, just doesn't look particularly pleased to be out here at all. He looks at his boss and shakes his head, taking his cowboy hat off and flinging it to the table. He turns slightly to Razor and raises his mic back up...

Michaels:
"Just what the hell is this about? You already know this match is happening. You know I want to kick that clown's head in more than anything else in the World. Was it really necessary to insert yourself into this at the last minute?"

Razor:
"Would you just take it easy? This isn't about me, despite the fact I am obviously the most talented man in this ring right now, but I brought you both out her--"

Michaels:
"Blah, blah, blah...yes, you brought us both out here to sign the stupid contract. We know. Lets just get this crap over with."

Lawson looks up at his foe and smiles a little...

Lawson:
"Well someone is touchy feely tonight..."

Giving an ice cold look back, Michaels retorts.

Michaels:
"Keep running your mouth and it'll be touching and feeling the end of my foot, boy!"

Lawson turns his head away and just grins, knowing he is right under Michaels skin. Eventually, Michaels decides to actually sit down. He takes his title belt off from around his waist and drops it on the table in anger, folding back the straps and making sure it faces Tyler. Michaels then flops down into his chair and clunks his feet up onto the table, crossing them over in arrogance. Razor isn't amused.

Razor:
"Hey, there...easy with the furniture there champ! That stuff costs money..."

Michaels:
"What, you can't afford a wooden table?!"

Razor:
"Every penny counts!"

Lawson:
"...cheap skate."

Michaels:
"See what you've done? You're managing to make me agree with this closeted freak..."

Lawson:
"Didn't you just hear what I just said about your little homophobic jokes?"

Michaels:
"...oh, shut up."

Lawson:
"Freakin' make me!"

Razor:
"Would you two stop?! Just chill the hell out. Look, all I want the pair of you to do is have a civilised debate and then sign the contract. So don't force me to kick both of your asses!"

Razor always was the jokester, albeit the inadvertant one, as the whole arena...including Michaels and Lawson...laugh resoundingly at the General Manager's rather lame threats of ass kickery. The two men in the main event of XtremeMania do, however, decide to pipe up so they can get this over with. Remaining stood behind the podium, that was clearly knocked up about ten minutes before the show went on the air, Razor Xtreme decides to get the discussion rolling.

Razor:
"Well, David Michaels, since you are the defending World Heavyweight Champion going into this bout, I believe it is fair that you start this debate. So my first question is to you - after getting your ass handed to you, by me, at last year's XtremeMania, just how confident are you that you can beat a man that clearly has sexuality issues?!"

Cedar:
"You know, sometimes I don't think our General Manager is on the same planet as us..."

Dennis:
"Why, because he speaks the truth?! Razor kicked Michaels' ass last year!"

Michaels slowly cocks his head to the left, as he looks up at Razor wondering just what in the hell he actually remembers from last year's XtremeMania...

Michaels:
"Oh wow, seriously? You're going to go down the road of making crap up now?! I don't know what you remember from this time last year, but I'm not shocked about that since I kicked you in the face and sent you to the hospital for the next week. But have your little slice of 'victory' by all means...now as for this little jerk off, I've been waiting for years to get my hands on this little weed. Come this sun---"

Razor:
"That's a great answer, David! I'm glad you're a sporting loser after I destroyed you last year. Now, onto Tyler. What is your reply to that?"

Lawson looks at Razor with a distinctly puzzled expression before replying, whilst Michaels attempts to keep his cool as he leans back further into his chair.

Lawson:
"Reply to what?!"

Razor:
"...have you never been in a debate before? Michaels says something, then you reply and then he can reply to that. It's very simple, closet boy..."

Lawson:
"But he didn't get chance to say anything for me to reply!"

Razor:
"Yes he did!"

Lawson:
"No he didn't! You cut him off mid way through!"

Razor:
"Are you raising your voice at me?!"

Michaels then pulls his legs from the table and smashes into with with his fists, before leaping off his chair. He's not in the mood for this. Even Tyler is taken back a little by this, as Razor nearly jumps out of his skin...

Michaels:
"ALRIGHT! Enough of this crap. Tyler, I hate you, and I'll get to you in one second. Razor, please don't take this personally, but you're the biggest pain in the ass this company has ever seen. So I mean this in the most sincere way possible when I--"

The crowd suddenly bursts to their feet and pipe off a huge "OHHHHHH!", for David Michaels launches his right foot high up into the air and cracks the boss right in the skull with the Shattered Teeth Symphony, dropping him to the mat like he had just been hit by lightning! The crowd erupts, as they love nothing more than seeing the boss take a bullet. Michaels looks down at Razor, slowly shaking his head. He then reaches down and picks the microphone up that he dropped in the process of the move and turns to Lawson, who is looking down at Razor just wondering why he acted like such an ass. Michaels thumps his free hand on the table again and looks Lawson dead in his eyes, wanting to get this message across loud and clear.

Michaels:
"NOW! As I was saying, come this Sunday Lawson, you're going to find out why you have never been the big dance before. You're going to find out why the people backstage never saw any talent in you other than to be a complete ass all of the time. Until I decided, for whatever crazy reason, to take you under my wing and let you into the DxWo after BEGGING me to do, you were NOTHING...NOTHING! Nobody was interested in watching you. Nobody was interested in training you. Hell, the XWA wasn't even interested in having you in their damn company because YOU couldn't take your own self serious enough. But for some reason, the company that shall not be named so that jackass on the mat won't crap his pants when he wakes up, decided to offer you a contract. They actually saw a smidge of talent in you. How, I'll never know. You won a lower tier title and actually started to take yourself seriously. I was then stupid enough to believe you would amount to something good. I honestly believed I could mould you into what the DxWo was all about. We wanted to kick ass. We wanted to take names. We wanted to win titles. We wanted to rule the wrestling World and make everybody else look like the asses they are. But what did you do, huh? You made DC and I look like the asses. You were constantly the one that had to be different. You couldn't just fall in line and do what was needed of you. You made my life a living hell for years. But what you seem to forget is, up until this little run you've got going, once we kicked your ass out of the DxWo you went back to being a nothing. You left the group labelled the Closet Gay, the Butt Pirate...two stigmas you have never been able to shake off. These people may now be cheering for you each and every week, but don't be fooled. Your fame, your little streak of success is only going to be short lived. You may claim to have beaten me in the past, but we all know those were phony victories. I have beaten you for a World Title before and come this Sunday, I will damn sure beat you again. There is a reason why you have held no World Titles and I have held three. Have you figured it out yet? Let me help you...because I'm David Michaels. I'm the guy that comes out here each week and puts on the best match. I'm the guy that this company rests their weight upon because they know I can get the job done. I'm the guy that sells tickets all across the World. I'm the guy that gives this show it's ratings. I'm the guy these people, whether they love me or hate me, come to see each week. I'm the guy that has a proven track record against the very best this company has EVER had to offer. I'm the guy that's going to give you a dose of reality. I'm The Showstealer. I'm the World Heavyweight Champion. And come this Sunday, I'm the guy that's going to send you right back into the shadows of greatness where you have been your whole career. My talking is done. You've officially been warned for the very last time. Show up this Sunday and it'll be the very...VERY last act you will ever do."

The whole arena is in complete silence, their jaws to the floor, as David Michaels tosses the mic on the table and quickly whips open the contract, signing his name on one of the pieces of paper. Lawson's eyes are still dead locked on the World Champion, taking in every single word that man has said. Michaels slams the contract back down on the table and shoves it towards Lawson, as he picks up his XWA World Heavyweight Championship and places it over his shoulder, reacquainting himself with that deadly stare. The Instant Classic slowly raises his mic to his mouth and is ready to lay the smackdown of his own...

Lawson:
"Well...ahh, you talk some big talk, there, Davey. You gave that your all, you tried your absolute hardest to intimidate me, and you meant it. That much I can appreciate about you, and I'll be damned if you couldn't back that up...against anyone else. You see that's why...that there is why I chose to seek a place in your D-Generation X World Order all those years ago. I saw that you had it, you were going places; DC...Glick...were going places. I wanted to go places......and we went places. In fact, you dragged me from place to place, federation to federation, just 'cause your massive ego couldn't handle any type of authority put in front of you, and couldn't coexist with any of them...case in point, our less-than-conscious friend right here. And that's why, that's why, I have never won a world championship, because a certain someone always dragged me away from my job whenever I had some momentum going...and meanwhile, that certain someone was getting title shots, I dunno, the very night we arrived! All the while, I was getting the same bottom-of-the-well, Closet Gay treatment that I get to this day. Somehow, I kept going with you. I went with you, place to place, whenever you wanted to up and leave, because I still saw that fire in you, that never-say-die attitude, and I knew we'd get what we wanted eventually....But I don't see that way anymore. That swagger, that bravado, that anger of yours...it isn't going to get you anything anymore. People don't buy into your shit anymore, they aren't afraid of you, the same way they were afraid of us. You still talk the talk, but now that I know where you're coming from, I can stop you from walking the walk. You see Michaels, there's no doubt that the two of us will put on one hell of a wrestling match this Sunday, but what is in doubt, are your little guarantees. Your little death threats or whatever the hell you meant by that. I'm not one to brag, but one look at all those internet dirtsheets will tell you that the Instant Classic is the best Goddamn professional wrestler on this planet! And I can be pretty damn hardcore when I want to be as well! John Hudson can attest to that. So come this Sunday, in the Tower of Doom, whether you come at me with Weapons or Waistlocks, Ladders or Legsweeps, I am going to kick your ass! No longer will I let you walk all over me, or anyone else in this business! You're not going to send me to any of those shadows that I came from, oh no! I am going to be in your limelight, that title is going to be mine, and David Michaels, I am going to Steal...YOUR...SHOW!"

The crowd gives Lawson's moving speech a standing ovation, and rightfully so. Almost shaking in fury, Lawson slams his microphone onto the table and stands up, snatching the clipboard off of the table. As Michaels stands up himself, a blaze of rage burning in his eyes after that, Tyler turns to the last page, almost ripping the contract, and scribbles his name right underneath David's, before turning and dropping the thing onto Razor's chest. The match is now official, and this fact ignites the crowd's cheers even more. The Instant Classic turns back and locks eyes with the Showstealer once more, picking his mic back up again and almost screaming into it...

Lawson:
"NOW PLAY MY MUSIC!!"

He drops the mic and continues to stare a hole into his nemesis, who does the same as the audio instument thuds off the canvas. The crowd is as hot as it has ever been for Vendetta, and XtremeMania is sure to be one HELL of a show, especially after this.

Cedar:
"Ah...wh...bu...I'm speechless. That...that was simply incredible."

Dennis:
"...Sure was something. I'm...I have no idea why, but I'm actually looking forward to this now."

Cedar:
"Tensions are rising here in the XWA! What is going to happen this Sunday when these two heated rivals finally go head to head inside the demonic Tower of Doom match?! There may be hell to pay for both men! We'll see you this Sunday, LIVE on Pay Per View ladies and gentlemen!"

Dennis:
"DON'T MISS IT!"

These two, who will surely go down in history for their battles, stand motionless, just staring each other down for what seems like an eternity. Eventually, slowly, Michaels picks up his belt from the table and raises it aloft. The champion asserts his final advantage as the guitars scream on, and the iconic last shot of Vendetta #66 is looking up at Lawson and Michaels, across a table from each other, but both ready to go to war. The final chapter yet awaits, but for now, Vendetta fades out to black...
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: ENDING PROMO: "Contract Signing of Doom" - Tyler Lawson and David Michaels Promo   ENDING PROMO: "Contract Signing of Doom" - Tyler Lawson and David Michaels Promo EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 1:16 am

I bookmarked this, I read a bit of it and I definitely want to read the rest, seeing as I always enjoy these promos.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: ENDING PROMO: "Contract Signing of Doom" - Tyler Lawson and David Michaels Promo   ENDING PROMO: "Contract Signing of Doom" - Tyler Lawson and David Michaels Promo EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 5:42 am

Thanks man Smile
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: ENDING PROMO: "Contract Signing of Doom" - Tyler Lawson and David Michaels Promo   ENDING PROMO: "Contract Signing of Doom" - Tyler Lawson and David Michaels Promo EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 3:29 pm

So did anybody read it? I mean it's not that long. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: ENDING PROMO: "Contract Signing of Doom" - Tyler Lawson and David Michaels Promo   ENDING PROMO: "Contract Signing of Doom" - Tyler Lawson and David Michaels Promo EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 4:53 am

Well there's your answer <_<
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ENDING PROMO: "Contract Signing of Doom" - Tyler Lawson and David Michaels Promo   ENDING PROMO: "Contract Signing of Doom" - Tyler Lawson and David Michaels Promo EmptyThu Dec 05, 2013 8:40 am

That... Was... Amazing!

Seriously, one of the best promos I have ever read. The tension, the drama, it made me feel like I was actually in the arena and I felt like I was hearing both of you now. Great paragraphs, even the bit at the beginning with Razor made me laugh. Some lines made me laugh, but others really made me feel the tension and the hate between the two characters, especially when Tyler was talking about David dragged him down. Simply amazing.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: ENDING PROMO: "Contract Signing of Doom" - Tyler Lawson and David Michaels Promo   ENDING PROMO: "Contract Signing of Doom" - Tyler Lawson and David Michaels Promo EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 9:06 am

Appreciate it dude.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ENDING PROMO: "Contract Signing of Doom" - Tyler Lawson and David Michaels Promo   ENDING PROMO: "Contract Signing of Doom" - Tyler Lawson and David Michaels Promo Empty

Back to top Go down

ENDING PROMO: "Contract Signing of Doom" - Tyler Lawson and David Michaels Promo

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1