HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tim Allen wants to reclaim N-word in comedy

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

Tim Allen wants to reclaim N-word in comedy Empty
PostSubject: Tim Allen wants to reclaim N-word in comedy   Tim Allen wants to reclaim N-word in comedy EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 12:51 pm

Tim Allen wants to reclaim N-word in comedy Tim-allen-n-word

LOS ANGELES -- Tim Allen isn't a fan of the N-word -- not just the word, but the phrase.

The 60-year-old actor-comedian told the Tampa Bay Times in Florida that the term "N-word" is worse than the racial slur it represents.

The star of the TV shows "Home Improvement" and "Last Man Standing," and films such as "The Santa Clause" said he thinks the criticism that keeps non-black comedians from using the actual N-word is a step backward from the days when Richard Pryor and Lenny Bruce purposefully used such language.

Allen's comments were published this week ahead of a stand-up performance. But he made them last month after it was revealed celebrity chef Paula Deen admitted using racial slurs in the past.

His comments weren't taken lightly on social networking sites.

In a statement provided by his spokeswoman, Allen says it wasn't his intention to offend anyone.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: Tim Allen wants to reclaim N-word in comedy   Tim Allen wants to reclaim N-word in comedy EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 12:53 pm

Wtf..?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tim Allen wants to reclaim N-word in comedy   Tim Allen wants to reclaim N-word in comedy EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 1:57 pm

White comedian says the n-word: BURN IN HELL
Black comedian says the n-word: OH MY GOD THAT WAS HILARIOUS

the double standards are overwhelming
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tim Allen wants to reclaim N-word in comedy   Tim Allen wants to reclaim N-word in comedy EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 2:27 pm

that. ^
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Tim Allen wants to reclaim N-word in comedy   Tim Allen wants to reclaim N-word in comedy EmptySat Jul 27, 2013 3:42 pm

Agreed... it's fucking ridiculous. If you don't want anyone to say it, then NOBODY says it, not even black people. But since a lot of black people love to say it, I say it too. I won't say it to someone that doesn't say it, though.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: Tim Allen wants to reclaim N-word in comedy   Tim Allen wants to reclaim N-word in comedy EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 3:24 pm

Nobody says anything when Louis CK says the N-word.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tim Allen wants to reclaim N-word in comedy   Tim Allen wants to reclaim N-word in comedy EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 7:07 pm

Is it bad that I'm more surprised that Tim Allen is 60?

The way things are with saying certain words, it is what it is.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tim Allen wants to reclaim N-word in comedy   Tim Allen wants to reclaim N-word in comedy EmptyMon Jul 29, 2013 8:41 pm

There is nothing stopping comedians from saying nigger, but to go out and purposely want to say nigger for the sake of saying it is stupid. If you don't know how to incorporate it into your set in a way that is not blatantly offensive, then don't use it.

Case in point, Louis CK used nigger in a set about the N Word and it was funny. Tim Allen just sounds like he wants to start off a routine with "I saw this nigger running down the street with a TV the other day" or something. I don't think he can pull off the comedy of it.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Tim Allen wants to reclaim N-word in comedy   Tim Allen wants to reclaim N-word in comedy EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 1:44 am

^ Then why can black people do it for no reason?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tim Allen wants to reclaim N-word in comedy   Tim Allen wants to reclaim N-word in comedy Empty

Back to top Go down

Tim Allen wants to reclaim N-word in comedy

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1