HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vendetta #63 Grades

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
JOKER
TeamJoker
TeamJoker
JOKER

Vendetta #63 Grades Empty
PostSubject: Vendetta #63 Grades   Vendetta #63 Grades EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 1:25 pm

Xtreme Icon vs John Hudson
Grader: None

Double no show. Icon said something about making a comeback. CB said something about taking a break. It is what it is.
Back to top Go down
JOKER
TeamJoker
TeamJoker
JOKER

PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #63 Grades   Vendetta #63 Grades EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 1:26 pm

Kaylenna Parks vs Alexis Rose

Scripted match. Not sure of the result because they haven't posted, but regardless, no grade actually needed for the thing.
Back to top Go down
JOKER
TeamJoker
TeamJoker
JOKER

PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #63 Grades   Vendetta #63 Grades EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 1:30 pm

Dwight Lights vs Razor Xtreme

Both men showed, unfortunately Mr. Lights did not finish his match, and will therefore lose on a technicality of not having a finish. We do applaud your effort in getting something up sir. We won't hold this against you as a no show.

Last edited by Joker on Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
JOKER
TeamJoker
TeamJoker
JOKER

PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #63 Grades   Vendetta #63 Grades EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 1:31 pm

JHalc vs Hitman Alex
Grader: Caleb

Hitman AlexDamn it iLike. I don’t want to partake in the Grammarcaust, but I think every GM in the past few months has commented on how you need to improve your grammar because it makes parts of the match difficult to understand. This was no exception. Some lines took a second or third glance to completely interpret. Like every week, it won’t affect your grade, but PLEASE…. I like the concept of the brawl at the beginning, but I feel like it could have been done better. More crowd interaction and better description of the frustration that Hitman Alex is letting out would have made it better. It just seemed as though it was lacking something. Even when Hitman picked him up and yelled at him it seemed a little bit forced. One little section that caught me by surprise;

Alex, while holding the steel steps, looks at Nova as he begins to exchange some words with her. "You shut your mouth you cunt bitch whore

Well, fuck dude. Poor Nova. As I continue reading, I notice that you’re just making Jay your complete bitch. Which is odd for me to complain about since I just did that to Smoke in my last match, but JHalc isn’t a chickenshit heel. It’s not normal to see a face absolutely begging a heel to stop a beatdown.

So… This wasn’t really a match. It was pretty much a pre-match beat down and then a DDT and an HKO. I respect that getting revenge on JHalc is a key element in your match, but I don’t think you executed it right. It’s hard to even grade this because it wasn’t really a match. And I’m sorry, but this was kinda… boring. Nothing really stuck out to me in this to me, which is a shame. I don’t really know what else to say.

JHalcI was expecting the match to start out with Alex and JHalc getting into a straight-up brawl like iLike had, but I like the way you started it out with the deflected shots, kind of getting into each other’s heads. I also like the way you wrote Alex’s early match upper-hand over JHalc by striking quickly and keeping a good flow to it. The multiple slaps from JHalc was also a nice little addition to show a little bit of JHalc’s character and build up more of a boiling point for Alex. The continuity of Alex attacking the injured knee was also very nice. I liked the utilization all the way to 9 of a ring count-out, that isn’t used too much in e-fedding anymore it seems. Moving on, the match has very good selling, a nice, steady flow to it, and isn’t boring to read. You’re using Hitman Alex in a way I would expect him to be used just a few nights after being screwed out of the title by trying to stay constantly on the attack while not completely burying yourself. I can’t really complain about anything for the second consecutive grading of your matches.  If I had to find a complaint, I’d say that it lacked “huge move” moments and hardly any false finishes, but that’s just me being a bit of a spot whore. Besides, your finishing move from the top rope, while a bit hard to envision was still pretty cool nonetheless. Good job Jay.

Verdict: I am clearly going with JHalc here. His match was actually a match, whereas Hitman’s was just a pre-match brawl followed by a couple moves. JHalc had a better flow going to it, and gave Hitman a good amount of character development of anger for being screwed out of his championship without it being overdone. Keep it up JHalc, and try to rebound from this and kick ass next week iLike.

Last edited by Joker on Sun Nov 03, 2013 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JOKER
TeamJoker
TeamJoker
JOKER

PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #63 Grades   Vendetta #63 Grades EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 1:32 pm

Whisper's War vs The Nest

Another scripted match. Don't know what is happening with it. Irrelevant for grades though.
Back to top Go down
JOKER
TeamJoker
TeamJoker
JOKER

PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #63 Grades   Vendetta #63 Grades EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 1:33 pm

David Michaels vs Dante Cross
Grader: Razor

David Michaels: I loved how you had the entire crowd go nuts for Michaels, since he’s the hometown boy. Nothing better than cheap pops for the hometown hero lol. I like that you mentioned how Michaels is hurt from King of Xtreme. Very good character development in having Dante assault Michaels cleanly (seeing as Cross is supposed to be tough) and making him seem possessed. Awesome technical prowess shown off the bat from Dante Cross. Simple but effective moves, like the elbow to the hurt arm or the T-Bone Suplex. I liked the Teardrop suplex transition, and how you explained that it was Michaels trying to one-up Cross. Awesome spot at the point where you had Dante shoulder-block Michaels off the apron and then hitting the Swanton Bomb. Also, you are automatically DQ’ed for saying “chink”, you racist. Excellent selling by having Dante Cross continue to attack Michael’s arm. Not many people ever follow up on their selling, so kudos on that. Nicely described headlock, I can picture it in my head. Good Falcon Arrow pin counter by having Dante knee him in the face. Also a very good Chaos Theory transition, very classic moves shown here. David randomly stomping Dante before he went for the missed moonsault lol. But Dante hitting the DDC looked cool. This is more of a character thing, but that Walk of Fate move caught me off guard. I was wondering why the heck you had him go to the adjacent ropes lol. I liked it. Interesting character development in having both Cross and Michaels bug the poor referee. Nothing major here, but I kinda wish you had sold the injured arm after hitting the Scoop Slam. Great elbow drop transition though. Haven’t read the rest yet, but unless it’s a big main event match or a PPV match, I’m not a fan of the ref’s being randomly knocked out, but I’m sure reading on I’ll find an explanation for it lol. Well, no real explanation for the ref being knocked out, but it led to some interesting things like Dante shoving Nova or Michaels doing the Sweet Chin Music with the chair, so that gets a pass haha. I half expected JHalc to come out or Lawson or Hitman Alex though. Also, the after match attacked led to some good hometown crowd heat, so kudos there too. Overall, like always, it was a great match. The only complaint I can even think of is the referee being knocked out randomly, but that’s not even a big deal, excellent match – but you already knew that.

Dante Cross: Awesome, just awesome move in reading Michael’s match and using the excerpt to explain his arm injury. I could understand Chilly using the arm injury in the match, but it’s almost never expected for the opponent to know the opponent well enough to use their injury in a match unless they’re asked to. Major kudos there. Also, random referee character development, lol. Great selling of the arm by explaining that even though Dante’s smaller, he has an advantage because of the hurt arm. Your description is good but it could use a tad bit of work, nothing too big for me to complain about though, just a quick tip. Actually, reading on, there were certain moments where you seemed to use excellent description. While I don’t want people using a paragraph to describe a scoop slam, I also don’t like rushed moves, you had a good balance for the most part. Great technical wrestling from the arm wringer counters to the headlocks to the suicide-dive counter. Even the little things like the ref not making the count cause of Michael’s foot being under the ropes. Also, I found it funny how both you and Chilly had a move in your matches that moved the commentators table a few inches (his had the suicide dive, yours the teardrop suplex, lol). Even though it was a great spot, I thought Michaels recovering from the Hesitation Dropkick to the corner almost instantly and dodging the spear was a bit off, but nothing major. I liked the forearm shot exchange, you two aren’t typically brawlers so instead of using fists, you use forearms, nice lol. Caught me off guard with the Return to Sin Kick. Awesome transition with the Deadliest Moonsault Evermore counter to the Flying Forearm Smash. That “spit into his mouth” thing was helllllla weird though, could’ve had the same effect if he just spit in his eye lol. The big swing was innovative, but I would have liked it if you explained the hurt arm a bit better in that sense. A person with an uninjured arm would have difficulty doing that, so someone with a hurt arm would have even more trouble. I guess it’s explained with Dante being small, but still. Cool spot with the German Suplex off the top, but I wish you had described it a bit better, seemed rushed. Also, interesting save by Kris Kross, good move there. Your ending was a lot better than David’s, I liked the fact that everyone came out, it’s a group war after all. It makes sense that everyone comes out and fights. Overall, you also had an excellent match with a very few minor issues, nothing big.

Verdict: I have to say that this was a LOT closer than me, or anyone else for that matter likely expected. I am giving this one to David Michaels, simply because I felt he had a better overall match. However, don’t be discouraged Dante. You wrote an excellent match, you should be proud of it. You definitely belong in the main event scene if you keep it up this way. You only lost because David had a better match overall, and not because you had a bad match by any means. You are very underrated in the sense that you actually are a very good e-fedder, keep it up.
Back to top Go down
JOKER
TeamJoker
TeamJoker
JOKER

PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #63 Grades   Vendetta #63 Grades EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 1:34 pm

Shade vs Drake Dysfunction
Grader: JHalc

Shade
Ok, for once I am not live commenting on a match as I read it. Instead, I rolled through the whole thing so that I can just give you some over arching thoughts. The first thing that stuck out to me was the fact that most of the match happens outside the ring. I mean it was like every time the two got back on the inside, it was just one move from heading back to the outside again. I like that you are making use of the environment, but you have to have some action in the ring or else it starts to not ring true, at least in my mind. That is really my only complaint. Instead of having a ton of good action, the reader is left hoping that they will make it back into the ring before the count. It made the match seem short. The end was good, you had the momentum swing from Drake to Shade, a signature and finisher leading to a pin. It wasn't a bad finish at all. You really sold the idea that Drake made a mistake not wanting to win by count-out, and what that would mean for the Legion.

Drake
I feel like you really did do the work of looking in to your opponent. This is especially hard when facing someone like Shade with multiple personalities, and therefore multiple styles. The fact that you were able to work it into your match in a realistic way was impressive. I like that the two really come off as equals to one another. Each man absorbs roughly the same amount of punishment. Your end sequence with Drake was excellent. You flowed flawlessly from one move to another, and it read like real finish. My complaint is that it did come a little fast for my tastes. The two are champions, and it just came off that they had too little in the tank. You played off the characters well though. I guess I don't have any large complaints at all.

Verdict
This match was terribly close to judge. I feel like both could have had a little more action as it just reads like the two could have gone a little further. Shade's match had the better spots, but Drake's had the better match flow. This is probably just do to the breaks in the match where the action goes outside, and then comes back in, and back out in Shade's match. It created different sections of the match in my opinion instead of just one flowing narrative like Drake's. Therefore, I am going to have to go with Drake Dysfunction in this one. The real tipping point was the finish for me. Shade's was good, but Drake's just edged him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vendetta #63 Grades   Vendetta #63 Grades Empty

Back to top Go down

Vendetta #63 Grades

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1