HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Killers: America is 'musically retarded'

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

The Killers: America is 'musically retarded' Empty
PostSubject: The Killers: America is 'musically retarded'   The Killers: America is 'musically retarded' EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 10:18 am

The Killers think America is ''musically retarded''.
The 'Runaways' band are glad they were recognised as stars in the UK before getting big in their home country, because they don't like the pop songs played on US radio.
Drummer Ronnie Vannucci told The Sun newspaper: ''Breaking in the UK first was great because America is retarded musically.

''It's upside down. There's so much great music that doesn't get the attention. There's a lot of bull***t on US radio.''
Singer Brandon Flowers added: ''I start to wonder, what do adults listen to? Do they listen to what's being played on the radio?
''You should listen to something that's for you -- not about giving your virginity to your boyfriend on Saturday night. It is retarded.
''Every song is that song. And if 40-year-olds are listening to that rubbish, they're going to raise kids on it. It's not even music.''

The band have now sold over 22 million albums, and are releasing a greatest hits record, but vow to continue after some time off.
Brandon, 32, added: ''We'll have a little break then I'll make another solo album, but it's not the end for us.''
Ronnie, 37, added: ''People in their 30s or 40s are still really fruitful. And I look to those people for inspiration.
''There'll be much more music from The Killers. This first ten years has just been the start for us.''
The Killers' 'Direct Hits' album is released on November 11.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: The Killers: America is 'musically retarded'   The Killers: America is 'musically retarded' EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 10:26 am

I don't really like their music, but he's absolutely right. We suck. Funny
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: The Killers: America is 'musically retarded'   The Killers: America is 'musically retarded' EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 11:48 am

It's not just America though... the WORLD is musically retarded. Didn't One Direction come from Europe (including Ireland)? Plus, music that is made here gets famous in tons of other countries too. It's not just us.
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: The Killers: America is 'musically retarded'   The Killers: America is 'musically retarded' EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 11:59 am

We have Katy Perry and Miley Cyrus in our top ten, so we're not exactly massively superior to America.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: The Killers: America is 'musically retarded'   The Killers: America is 'musically retarded' EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 2:51 pm

When Jedward exists, you know we're all fucked...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Killers: America is 'musically retarded'   The Killers: America is 'musically retarded' EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 3:03 pm

Razor X-Scream wrote:
It's not just America though... the WORLD is musically retarded. Didn't One Direction come from Europe (including Ireland)? Plus, music that is made here gets famous in tons of other countries too. It's not just us.
A lot of groups come from other countries, but its the US that said groups or bands become huge. I think the point was, you can make utter shit here and still become overly popular. Look at Rebecca Black and her "Friday" song. Shit sucks, but it still became a hit because people played it.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: The Killers: America is 'musically retarded'   The Killers: America is 'musically retarded' EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 3:09 pm

and yet they're not only famous here. Other countries listen to this music a lot too. CF told me that all they listen to where he lives is our music. Europeans always know "our" music and a lot of them like it. It's not just us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Killers: America is 'musically retarded'   The Killers: America is 'musically retarded' EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 3:29 pm

Their big break came from the US and its radio stations, thats my point. Nobody would of heard of Justin Bieber, One Direction etc if they stuck solely to their countries.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: The Killers: America is 'musically retarded'   The Killers: America is 'musically retarded' EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 3:33 pm

But it's still popular in other countries. If it wasn't popular, it wouldn't be played on the radio...
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: The Killers: America is 'musically retarded'   The Killers: America is 'musically retarded' EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 4:07 pm

Seeing as I've heard the popular songs from a lot of other countries, this is a comment from a person that absolutely has no idea what they're talking about. Pop songs are everywhere and PLENTY of rock bands get play. Queens of the Stone Age went #1 and their album stunk.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Killers: America is 'musically retarded'   The Killers: America is 'musically retarded' EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 4:33 pm

Razor X-Scream wrote:
But it's still popular in other countries. If it wasn't popular, it wouldn't be played on the radio...
Yeah, if it werent popular HERE it wouldnt get as much mainstream exposure HERE.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: The Killers: America is 'musically retarded'   The Killers: America is 'musically retarded' EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 4:35 pm

I never argued that, even once. I said other countries do it too, it's not America that's musically retarded, it's the entire world.
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: The Killers: America is 'musically retarded'   The Killers: America is 'musically retarded' EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 8:02 pm

This is the most repetitive piece of shit argument I've ever seen. What the fuck are you guys even talking about.

Also, PSY fucking SUCKS.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: The Killers: America is 'musically retarded'   The Killers: America is 'musically retarded' EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 11:51 pm

Shut the fuck up, usman. Shaking Head
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Killers: America is 'musically retarded'   The Killers: America is 'musically retarded' EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 2:57 am

''It's upside down. There's so much great music that doesn't get the attention. There's a lot of bull***t on US radio.''

I haven't listened to Australian radio for a while. But probably not as bad... Considering all the artists in the US.
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: The Killers: America is 'musically retarded'   The Killers: America is 'musically retarded' EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 12:57 pm

2 of the big sensations right now are JB and 1D and neither are from US. Lolzzz.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: The Killers: America is 'musically retarded'   The Killers: America is 'musically retarded' EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 1:02 pm

You lot invented Lady Gaga.

Case closed.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: The Killers: America is 'musically retarded'   The Killers: America is 'musically retarded' EmptySat Nov 02, 2013 5:33 pm

You're welcome peace 
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com

PostSubject: Re: The Killers: America is 'musically retarded'   The Killers: America is 'musically retarded' EmptySun Nov 03, 2013 10:15 am

^^They invented Miley Cyrus too. They killed our ears.

Denmark rock though. They invented Ylvis.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Killers: America is 'musically retarded'   The Killers: America is 'musically retarded' Empty

Back to top Go down

The Killers: America is 'musically retarded'

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1