HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Update & Conflicting Stories on TNA up for sale

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Update & Conflicting Stories on TNA up for sale Empty
PostSubject: Update & Conflicting Stories on TNA up for sale   Update & Conflicting Stories on TNA up for sale EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 12:30 am

http://www.wrestleenigma.com/tna-news-dave-meltzer-reports-the-carters-are-looking-to-sell-tna

On his latest Wrestling Observer podcast Dave Meltzer reported the following:

“There’s a lot of moves, there’s a lot of moves that are being done behind the scenes. There are – you know – no matter what anyone is going to say right now, and, um, you know, there’s big, there’s big things going on behind the scenes as far as the future behind the scenes as far as the future ownership of the company, and at that point, god only knows where it goes. I mean, you know, there’s, there’s people are looking to get in and the Carters are looking to get out.

I think, you – they’ve lost enough money and all that, and you know as far as what that means, who knows. But they’ve been looking to get out for a while. Now everyone is going to scream at me and what, but that’s a 100%. That’s the stuff they don’t want you know.”

As you should with every unverified report take this with a grain of salt, but it should be noted that the logic behind the Carter family looking to sell the company and pulling their investment would make sense, with them reportedly spending $200,000 plus on each Impact Wrestling taping on the road, a move which was “bleeding the company dry.”

If the company is for sale It’d be interesting to see who’ll throw their name into the proverbial auction. Some would presume Vince McMahon and the WWE would be interested but truthfully, why would they? Neither company has done a great deal of business, WWE wouldn’t be seeking for many stars video libraries and the sale would only hurt them and the business in the long haul.

Spike TV is the potential buyer everyone instinctively turns to, with Impact being the highest rated weekly television show on the network even when ratings drop, in their primetime slot though it’s believed Spike TV officials seek better and have been doing so ever since Hogan and company arrived in 2010.

With little to go on this is all we can report right now, but it seems like the behind-the-scenes of TNA is as busy as always.

http://nodq.com/tna/385093283.shtml

Dixie Carter has appeared to respond to rumors regarding her family being interested in selling the company. Here is what she wrote on her Twitter account earlier today:

"Gossip is the opiate of the oppressed" Erica Jong #BlessYourHearts

While no one from the company has stated that the company is for sale, parties who believe the company is for sale are positioning themselves for a potential purchase. One would think that The Carters would at least listen to serious buyers.

http://www.wrestleenigma.com/tna-today-for-sale-rumor-how-the-iwc-cares-more-about-dave-meltzers-word-than-any-common-logic

There are literally dozens upon dozens of cookie cutter wrestling websites out there that duplicate the same rumor and news piece as the other on a daily basis. None of these feature any significant differences from each other other than maybe “Sexy Divas” photo galleries and such to provide a lazy alternative output. At their core, they are all essentially the same and fall back onto one sole entity that serves as their life source. That source being the legendary wrestling prophet and Wrestling Observer’s own Dave Meltzer.

This is probably the millionth article ever written that features his name and it won’t be the last; it certainly won’t be the last one that dares challenge his word. In the latest rumor newly christened straight out of his golden shinning hindquarters, the Carter Family whom own and operate Panda Energy which in turn contains TNA Wrestling as its subsidiary are looking to sell the promotion.

This was such “big news” that even our site reported it without any confirmation or evidence towards it’s credibility – something we often don’t do unless it is something as outrageous as this. In our defense, we informed the reader to take this with a grain of salt but others worship it and have already accepted TNA being for sale as a definite thing. It is far from that but for fans of any of the previously mentioned sites – you’ve probably accepted bullshit before and you’ll take what’s fed to you again at the word of Wrestling Observer.

There’s no more trusted source out there apparently and though they are consistently wrong as is every wrestling news-only site in a domino effect; when they get it right once it just prolongs their usefulness and readership. Possibly, Meltzer has it right again this time – grading matches from Japan as five star quality and having a discussion with Vince McMahon back in 19-freaking-90 equates to credibility after all.
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Update & Conflicting Stories on TNA up for sale   Update & Conflicting Stories on TNA up for sale EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 9:51 am

Moral of the story: Don't read ALL of Meltzer's stories.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Update & Conflicting Stories on TNA up for sale   Update & Conflicting Stories on TNA up for sale EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 10:01 am

Meltzer has been talking out of his ass for years.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Update & Conflicting Stories on TNA up for sale   Update & Conflicting Stories on TNA up for sale EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 11:19 am

Nate wrote:
Moral of the story: Don't read ALL of Meltzer's stories.
*any

He's full of shit.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Update & Conflicting Stories on TNA up for sale   Update & Conflicting Stories on TNA up for sale EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 12:33 pm

Meltzer has been right on a lot of things, but his ratio of being wrong over being right is quite high.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Update & Conflicting Stories on TNA up for sale   Update & Conflicting Stories on TNA up for sale EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 1:11 pm

Give a monkey a pen and eventually he'll write a work of Shakespeare...
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Update & Conflicting Stories on TNA up for sale   Update & Conflicting Stories on TNA up for sale EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 3:15 pm

lol at The Meltzer hate.

I don't know if it's the same people but I remember everyone taking about how right Jerry Jarrett was when he was talking down Dixie as a owner. Jerry talked about how Bob Carter was going crazy that TNA was losing so much money.

You look at the other threads in this very forum and you can tell TNA is in trouble.

PostSubject: Re: Update & Conflicting Stories on TNA up for sale   Update & Conflicting Stories on TNA up for sale EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 3:17 pm

People hate Meltzer because hes been known to pull shit out of his ass and provide it as fact when it clearly wasnt.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Update & Conflicting Stories on TNA up for sale   Update & Conflicting Stories on TNA up for sale EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 3:20 pm

Meltzer's sources are pro wrestlers. Unless they're fucking him I'm pretty sure he's not pulling news out of his ass.

MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Update & Conflicting Stories on TNA up for sale   Update & Conflicting Stories on TNA up for sale EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 3:24 pm

Funny that Chilly is talking about how Meltzer is talking out his ass but he still uses him as a source of news and shares it with us on this forum.

PostSubject: Re: Update & Conflicting Stories on TNA up for sale   Update & Conflicting Stories on TNA up for sale EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 3:59 pm

Just because his sources may be wrestlers doesnt mean hes right ALL the time
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: Update & Conflicting Stories on TNA up for sale   Update & Conflicting Stories on TNA up for sale EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 4:05 pm

And I won't argue against that peace

Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Update & Conflicting Stories on TNA up for sale   Update & Conflicting Stories on TNA up for sale EmptyWed Oct 30, 2013 6:35 pm

MooseNugget wrote:
Funny that Chilly is talking about how Meltzer is talking out his ass but he still uses him as a source of news and shares it with us on this forum.

Chilly? Explain yourself, you English Cowboy. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Update & Conflicting Stories on TNA up for sale   Update & Conflicting Stories on TNA up for sale EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 5:20 am

I post what I see on wrestling news sites that I go to, doesn't mean I agree or believe them. If that was the case, I'd post not a whole lot. It's called rumours and topics are created so people can talk.
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Update & Conflicting Stories on TNA up for sale   Update & Conflicting Stories on TNA up for sale EmptyThu Oct 31, 2013 10:32 am

^
...fair enough. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Update & Conflicting Stories on TNA up for sale   Update & Conflicting Stories on TNA up for sale Empty

Back to top Go down

Update & Conflicting Stories on TNA up for sale

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1