HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tito Ortiz Suffers Neck Fracture, Bellator Moves Entire Bellator 106 Event to Spike TV

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Tito Ortiz Suffers Neck Fracture, Bellator Moves Entire Bellator 106 Event to Spike TV   Empty
PostSubject: Tito Ortiz Suffers Neck Fracture, Bellator Moves Entire Bellator 106 Event to Spike TV    Tito Ortiz Suffers Neck Fracture, Bellator Moves Entire Bellator 106 Event to Spike TV   EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 6:45 pm

Bellator MMA announced today via press release that Tito Ortiz has suffered a fractured neck injury, and his scheduled PPV main event bout against Quinton "Rampage" Jackson for Bellator 106 on November 2 has been cancelled from the fight card.

As a result, Bellator CEO Bjorn Rebney and Spike President Kevin Kay have opted to move the remaining card for free on Spike TV instead. The card will now air live on Spike TV at 9PM ET. The three title fights on the card will still go on as scheduled. Bellator 106 will now be headlined by the highly anticipated lightweight title rematch between reigning champion Michael Chandler and former champion Eddie Alvarez.

Bjorn Rebney said on the announcement: "I've said it since the day we announced the fight that Rampage vs. Tito was a fight I had wanted to see for years, and it's unfortunately something I'm going to have to continue to wait to see. After sitting down with our team and partners, the decision was obvious: Give the greatest MMA fans on earth this amazing show live and free on Spike. Our fans have been incredible to us and I'm thrilled to be able to give them this great card on the greatest network in MMA, Spike! Chandler vs. Alvarez II, Mo vs. Newton II and Curran vs. Strauss II are all unbelievable fights. This is going to be a great, great night."

Bellator 106 is scheduled for November 2 at the Long Beach Arena in Long Beach, California. 
Read more at http://www.411mania.com/MMA/news/301841/Tito-Ortiz-Suffers-Neck-Fracture,-Bellator-Moves-Entire-Bellator-106-Event-to-Spike-TV.htm#ZB0UVTmJ1fg71SyJ.99
Back to top Go down

Tito Ortiz Suffers Neck Fracture, Bellator Moves Entire Bellator 106 Event to Spike TV

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1