HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

IWC overrate

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

IWC overrate - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: IWC overrate   IWC overrate - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 10:37 pm

Christian.

Edge was Batman. He was barely Robin. O-ver-ra-ted.

Agree on Davey Richards and definitely AJ Styles.

And I saw Colt Cabana live a couple of years ago and he was the least interesting thing on the entire (ROH -- I said it) show. Booooorrrrrriiiiinnnnnnngggggg.

Zack Ryder, although I think his IWC ship sailed.

And John Morrison is horrible. With him out of action you don't see the love for him very much, but I can put a jar full of marbles in my mouth and cut a better promo. Not a fan of his in-ring work either, and that carport stuff he did or whatever it's called did nothing for me.

Nice abs, though.
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: IWC overrate   IWC overrate - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 10:40 pm

Did you watch Christian in TNA? The guy had some DAMN fine matches with Jarrett, Joe, etc.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: IWC overrate   IWC overrate - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 10:58 pm

oh yeah how the hell did I forgot THE most overrated, Colt Cabana? Funny

John Morrison, I KINDA Liked, but he was hella overrated. More of a spot monkey if anything.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: IWC overrate   IWC overrate - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 11:00 pm

This thread is rustling so many of my jimmies.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsmVNcqWmf-E73tdf3cUCVg
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: IWC overrate   IWC overrate - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 24, 2013 11:07 pm

Also, Goldust.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IWC overrate   IWC overrate - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 3:42 am

Batman wrote:
oh yeah how the hell did I forgot THE most overrated, Colt Cabana? Funny
I fucking hate you, Razor.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: IWC overrate   IWC overrate - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 5:51 am

^
Kids today Really
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: IWC overrate   IWC overrate - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 4:18 pm

Hate me all you want, it's true. Never liked him, people act like he's incredible, never lived up to expectations. I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
Saintpat
Main Eventer
Saintpat

PostSubject: Re: IWC overrate   IWC overrate - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 25, 2013 4:40 pm

YJ wrote:
Did you watch Christian in TNA? The guy had some DAMN fine matches with Jarrett, Joe, etc.
Good hand, sure, decent worker.

But calling him Captain Charisma was like calling a 400-pound guy Tiny.

He is a B-level guy at best to me.

I am a Golddust fan, however.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: IWC overrate   IWC overrate - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 18, 2016 5:09 am

The Young Bucks

They're exciting and all but they don't know a thing about selling.
Back to top Go down
http://www.joshuajhadley.com
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: IWC overrate   IWC overrate - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 18, 2016 7:41 am

Man 2013 me was kinda dumb (happy)
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: IWC overrate   IWC overrate - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 18, 2016 8:39 am

Minkaro wrote:
Ken Anderson - the fact that anybody likes him at all means he's overrated.
Dolph Ziggler - so he bumps well? So do Rollins and Slater.
Matt Striker - not as a wrestler, but the internet seemed to love him as a commentator, whereas I thought he was terrible.
Mike Quackenbush - good wrestler, but I've never liked him, and never found him THAT amazing. Maybe it's because he comes across as a bit of a douche to me.

I still think this.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: IWC overrate   IWC overrate - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 18, 2016 2:17 pm

Daniel Bryan.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrestling-united.com
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: IWC overrate   IWC overrate - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 18, 2016 2:22 pm

Bryan Danielson won more World titles than The New York Jets ever will Thirsty Mofos
Back to top Go down
Go ills go
Icon
Go ills go

PostSubject: Re: IWC overrate   IWC overrate - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 18, 2016 2:25 pm

He only won like 2 in the company that matters. clown
Back to top Go down
http://www.wrestling-united.com
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: IWC overrate   IWC overrate - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 18, 2016 2:29 pm

And The New York Jets only won one clown
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: IWC overrate   IWC overrate - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 18, 2016 2:47 pm

Not a wrestler, but Mauro Ranallo. I don't dislike him as much as I did when I first saw him on SmackDown, but I definitely don't think he's this commentary God that everyone makes him out to be.

Samoa Joe. I never really got what was special about him, but maybe I just haven't seen enough of him.
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: IWC overrate   IWC overrate - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 18, 2016 3:09 pm

I believe that Finn Balor is someone the IWC overrates. I find him extremely boring.
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: IWC overrate   IWC overrate - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 18, 2016 3:29 pm

Snoopz Machka wrote:
Samoa Joe. I never really got what was special about him, but maybe I just haven't seen enough of him.
It probably didn't help that he got lazy with all the stupid shit TNA was having him do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IWC overrate   IWC overrate - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 18, 2016 4:05 pm

Lesnar is overrated as hell by the IWC. They talk shit about guys like Cena, Roman, Ryback, and ect about their lack of a moveset, yet They fucking love Brock's three moves of doom. Suplexs, f-5 and scream like an idiot. AT one time Brock could really go, but now it's just suplexs and the f-5 now. They trash Roman on the mic, but Lesnar is complete trash without Heyman. They got upset with The rock being a part timer World champion, but there are people who can't wait until Brock is champion again.
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: IWC overrate   IWC overrate - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 18, 2016 4:25 pm

Brock's gotten way better on the microphone. He's still not great, but he's passable on his own, now. Fortunately, he doesn't need to be on his own regardless because Paul's doing Paul's thing.

A lot of the IWC love Brock, but there are still plenty saying that type of stuff. Brock can still go very well. There's a difference between not being able to do moves and just not doing them. He wrestles the way he does because that's what his character demands now. He's meant to be this damn near unstoppable beast. The majority of his matches since returning have been amazing and that's sure as fuck not because of his opponents alone.

His selling is amazing. Yes, I said it. When people think of amazing selling, they think too often of specific ways moves are landed. People criticize Brock for not selling, but he does. His facial reactions and the way he stumbles are how he sells. He's a big, powerful motherfucker. He shouldn't go down from most moves. But when he does go down, even when he gets back up, he makes the move look like it legitimately hurt him and he's not just getting back up and powering through it, he's stumbling. He sells in a realistic way for a guy with his size and gimmick.

Also, he does more than three moves. Not every single Suplex that exists counts as one move. Then there's the Kimura, Powerbombs, etc. He has moves he does often, but so does every wrestler. It's stupid to criticize anyone over that, whether it's Brock, Cena, whoever. Plus, he does those moves very well.

As for not wanting Rock to be champion but being okay with Brock as champion: As mentioned, most of Brock's matches since returning have been great. He's also way more active in the WWE than The Rock was since he returned. Most of The Rock's matches during his time as a part timer were shit and his promos were 50/50. I like The Rock, but I wouldn't want a guy who's hardly even there live to promote his next match and has sub-par matches as champion. I, personally, don't think Brock really needs another title run either, but I'd be far more okay with him as champion than The Rock, because I know I'm in store for a much better match and more build up that isn't via satellite.
Back to top Go down
Eeyen
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Eeyen

PostSubject: Re: IWC overrate   IWC overrate - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 19, 2016 1:49 am

Dolph Ziggler is still really good.

Daniel Bryan over-rated is worse than any sports opinion Burdur ever said Fail!

---

ITT People hating on people for working the gimmick and for other people hating on people for working the gimmick clown
Back to top Go down
Dragon Fx
KingofSwing
KingofSwing
Dragon Fx

PostSubject: Re: IWC overrate   IWC overrate - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 3:01 pm

Not a wrestler, but Heyman gets a lot of praise from the IWC, too, despite getting one guy over the entire time he's been with the WWE, and I don't remember the last time he cut a good promo either. clown
Back to top Go down
MooseNugget
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
MooseNugget

PostSubject: Re: IWC overrate   IWC overrate - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 11:40 pm

Hey even Bobby Heenan couldn't get The Red Rooster over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IWC overrate   IWC overrate - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 28, 2016 12:46 am

Snoopz Machka wrote:
Brock's gotten way better on the microphone. He's still not great, but he's passable on his own, now. Fortunately, he doesn't need to be on his own regardless because Paul's doing Paul's thing.

A lot of the IWC love Brock, but there are still plenty saying that type of stuff. Brock can still go very well. There's a difference between not being able to do moves and just not doing them. He wrestles the way he does because that's what his character demands now. He's meant to be this damn near unstoppable beast. The majority of his matches since returning have been amazing and that's sure as fuck not because of his opponents alone.

His selling is amazing. Yes, I said it. When people think of amazing selling, they think too often of specific ways moves are landed. People criticize Brock for not selling, but he does. His facial reactions and the way he stumbles are how he sells. He's a big, powerful motherfucker. He shouldn't go down from most moves. But when he does go down, even when he gets back up, he makes the move look like it legitimately hurt him and he's not just getting back up and powering through it, he's stumbling. He sells in a realistic way for a guy with his size and gimmick.

Also, he does more than three moves. Not every single Suplex that exists counts as one move. Then there's the Kimura, Powerbombs, etc. He has moves he does often, but so does every wrestler. It's stupid to criticize anyone over that, whether it's Brock, Cena, whoever. Plus, he does those moves very well.

As for not wanting Rock to be champion but being okay with Brock as champion: As mentioned, most of Brock's matches since returning have been great. He's also way more active in the WWE than The Rock was since he returned. Most of The Rock's matches during his time as a part timer were shit and his promos were 50/50. I like The Rock, but I wouldn't want a guy who's hardly even there live to promote his next match and has sub-par matches as champion. I, personally, don't think Brock really needs another title run either, but I'd be far more okay with him as champion than The Rock, because I know I'm in store for a much better match and more build up that isn't via satellite.

the only time Brock has been even close to being decent to ok on the mic was when he was in the UFC. His interviews where pretty entertaining. In Wrestling he has always been awkward as fuck on the mic.

80% of his matches are german suplexs now. at WM they had a fucking counter of how many times he did the damn move. I'm not saying he can't wrestle, but he is lazy now. Every since the stupid Cena match and suplex city shit started that's all he seems to do. Yeah he will do a belly to belly once in awhile, but 8 times out 10 he is doing the fucking german suplex.

I rather have my champion showing up via satellite sometimes just so he can be on tv instead of one who we don't hear a fucking peep from in three fucking months. Yeah Rock would be seen on satellite one week but the next week he was on RAW. It was always one week satellite and the next he would actually show up. I much rather have that then ever have another Lesnar reign.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IWC overrate   IWC overrate - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

IWC overrate

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next