HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nirvana nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2014

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Nirvana nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2014 Empty
PostSubject: Nirvana nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2014   Nirvana nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2014 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 1:46 pm

Nirvana lead the nominations for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2014.
The 'Come As You Are' hitmakers are among several acts up for the honour and should the grunge group make the cut they will be inducted in April 2014, 20 years to the month since their frontman Kurt Cobain committed suicide aged 27.
Other acts up for inclusion into the prestigious Rock and Roll Hall of Fame include KISS, the Replacements, Chic, Deep Purple, L.L. Cool J, Cat Stevens and Linda Ronstadt, who was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease last year.

Linda - who has won 11 Grammy Awards - recently said: ''I don't care if I ever get inducted.''
Other nominees up for induction into the Hall of Fame include Peter Gabriel - who was inducted as a member of Genesis in 2009 - Hall and Oates, the Paul Butterfield Blues Band, N.W.A., Link Wray, the Meters, Yes and the Zombies.

In order to be eligible for this year's ballot, acts needed to have released their first single or album in 1988 or earlier, meaning Nirvana have been nominated in their first year of eligibility after releasing single 'Love Buzz' in 1988.
Following the success of last year, a fan vote will take place once again with the top five acts making up a ''fan's ballot'' which will count among the other 600 to be cast to determine who is inducted.

The 29th Annual Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will return to New York in April 2014, following spells in Cleveland and Los Angeles respectively over the past two years.
Fans will be able to vote for the final inductee between October 16 and December 10 by visiting www.rockhall.com/vote
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nirvana nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2014   Nirvana nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2014 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 1:47 pm

Nirvana are over rated
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Nirvana nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2014   Nirvana nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2014 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 1:48 pm

Geez, BARELY? Should've been in there ages ago. Congrats to this awesome band. clap
Back to top Go down
Minkaro
Learn Maturity
Learn Maturity
Minkaro

PostSubject: Re: Nirvana nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2014   Nirvana nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2014 EmptyWed Oct 16, 2013 3:23 pm

The only good thing to come out of Nirvana was Dave Grohl.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MinkaroXIV
Amani
Alliance
Alliance
Amani

PostSubject: Re: Nirvana nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2014   Nirvana nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2014 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 11:08 pm

FINALLY OH MY GOD
Back to top Go down
Usman
TeamMoose
TeamMoose
Usman

PostSubject: Re: Nirvana nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2014   Nirvana nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2014 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 11:18 pm

I'd say they deserved a spot in there.
Back to top Go down
Leo
Cenation
Cenation
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Nirvana nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2014   Nirvana nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2014 EmptyThu Oct 17, 2013 11:34 pm

Overrated I aint bothered
Back to top Go down
http://www.xwa-universe.com

PostSubject: Re: Nirvana nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2014   Nirvana nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2014 EmptyFri Oct 18, 2013 2:20 am

about damn time and well earned...RIP Kurt
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nirvana nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2014   Nirvana nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2014 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nirvana nominated for Rock and Roll Hall of Fame 2014

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1