HomeHomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Backstage Update - Goldberg At WrestleMania 30?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Backstage Update - Goldberg At WrestleMania 30? Empty
PostSubject: Backstage Update - Goldberg At WrestleMania 30?   Backstage Update - Goldberg At WrestleMania 30? EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 2:43 pm

Several weeks ago, there was a report posted on some websites that claimed Goldberg, 46, was in discussions with WWE right now about a possible appearance at WrestleMania. It was revealed that Goldberg has signed to make an appearance at Wrestlecon during WrestleMania 30 weekend including a Q and A session with fans on 4/5.

In regards to a possible storyline for Goldberg in the event that a deal can be reached, the early word is that he'd face Ryback at the big pay-per-view. Once again, this is not a done deal and has only been talked about. Goldberg has not closed the door on a WWE return so there is some hope that some sort of deal can we reached.

We'll keep you posted as we hear more.
Back to top Go down
Nate
Main Eventer
Nate

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Update - Goldberg At WrestleMania 30?   Backstage Update - Goldberg At WrestleMania 30? EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 8:11 pm

Backstage Update - Goldberg At WrestleMania 30? Gusta-10
Back to top Go down
TJ Ω
#TeamRomie
TJ Ω

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Update - Goldberg At WrestleMania 30?   Backstage Update - Goldberg At WrestleMania 30? EmptyFri Oct 11, 2013 8:12 pm

Dude hasn't wrestled in 10 years. It just wouldn't be a good idea.

Put him in the Hall of Fame? Sure. Just don't put him in the ring.
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Update - Goldberg At WrestleMania 30?   Backstage Update - Goldberg At WrestleMania 30? EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 7:11 am

I still feel that match would be a train wreck, no matter who much I like Goldberg...
Back to top Go down
Gopher
Love Bites
Love Bites
Gopher

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Update - Goldberg At WrestleMania 30?   Backstage Update - Goldberg At WrestleMania 30? EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 7:15 am

Goldberg's still in excellent shape. Get him some training in the weeks prior to WrestleMania to get him back to being familiar with everything, and it could be a decent match. Even if the match doesn't end up good, I'd enjoy seeing the build-up and watching Goldberg wrestle again.

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Update - Goldberg At WrestleMania 30?   Backstage Update - Goldberg At WrestleMania 30? EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 11:06 am

Being in shape doesnt translate to not having ring rust. A few months of training isnt going to make up for 10 years of not having any matches. Look at the Rock, his matches during his last run, he got winded not soon after they started.
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Update - Goldberg At WrestleMania 30?   Backstage Update - Goldberg At WrestleMania 30? EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 3:21 pm

Honestly, it's not even just about how the match would be, it's the fact that it'd help Ryback out a lot. If Ryback faced/beat Goldberg, the "Goldberg" chants wouldn't make sense anymore.

Favorite Current Wrestlers:
1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Favorite All-Time Wrestlers:
Your dad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Update - Goldberg At WrestleMania 30?   Backstage Update - Goldberg At WrestleMania 30? EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 7:27 pm

^Yeah That

The Ring-Rust could be easily overcame if he was booked now and then on RAW or Smackdown! against mid-low cards. That's the reason for guys like 3MB, Cryme Tyme, Zack Ryder, Otunga or Justin Gabriel to exist Razz
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Update - Goldberg At WrestleMania 30?   Backstage Update - Goldberg At WrestleMania 30? EmptySat Oct 12, 2013 7:48 pm

^ and Tyson Kidd nervous

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Chilly
TeamSexy
TeamSexy
Chilly

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Update - Goldberg At WrestleMania 30?   Backstage Update - Goldberg At WrestleMania 30? EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 3:54 am

No doubt the build up would be good, but the match I maintain wouldn't be anything good. And having him compete on Raw against the jobbers, essentially, up to Mania would just diffuse the comeback big time because we know it'd be a one shot deal anyway. If it was full time, then yes, but not when it's just a Mania match. Plus Ryback's bully stuff is too lame to take seriously in that kind of rivalry...it's forced charisma.

Ryback defeating Goldberg won't end those chants either. That'll die out when it decides to, not before. They tried for years to get rid of Angle's chants and failed at it...
Back to top Go down
Batman
I am Batman
I am Batman
Batman

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Update - Goldberg At WrestleMania 30?   Backstage Update - Goldberg At WrestleMania 30? EmptySun Oct 13, 2013 2:43 pm

Well yeah but they wont make sense anymore. People could chant "Goldberg" and it'd just sound like they're referencing the match. Funny

1. Sasha Banks
2. Becky Lynch

Your dad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Backstage Update - Goldberg At WrestleMania 30?   Backstage Update - Goldberg At WrestleMania 30? Empty

Back to top Go down

Backstage Update - Goldberg At WrestleMania 30?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1